MERGED ----> Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LemonMacPhisto said:

:up:

Intervention, No Cars Go, and Keep the Car Running are all just as good as Rebellion (Lies) aka "the Best Song on Funeral"

I completely agree. Rebellion (Lies) was my favorite song of the entire year too. I'd also tentitively add Ocean of Noise and maybe Windowsill to that list. Scratch that, DEFINITELY Ocean of Noise. That's one of my favorites on the new album. And My Body is a Cage is possibly the best thing they've ever done, only it's so different it can't even be compared to anything on Funeral.

it's a dance record, isn't it?

seriously, most of these songs have such a great rhythm, you cannot help dancing around the house, everytime you listen :dancing:

This album is fantastic! I feel like an evil little boy who's torn the wrapping from his gift weeks before Christmas. A little boy with no remorse :drool:

It's a very dark collection of songs, but like Canadiens mentioned earlier, they're a reflection of our times...dealing with things like the chaos of war, imposed morality, and the ultimate struggle to wade through it all. I love the production, and the allusions in many of the songs to the sea/thunder/rain. It's like a beautiful (yet frightful) storm that soars to some place special that grabs you...or takes you under.

Also, Regine's vocals here are quite something--especially in Black Mirror and The Well and The Lighthouse. Perfectly intertwined with Win's.

I'll admit, when I first heard the entire thing this morning, my first thought was 'sophomore slump,' and that the album was inferior to Funeral. That all changed somewhere after the fourth listen.

Note to self: never trust first impressions.

Amazing album by an amazing band. They had monumental expectations leading up to this, but they've succeeded brilliantly :up:

Intervention
Windowsill
Television Blues
Ocean of Noise
Black Mirror
Cage
No Cars
Waves/Vibrations
Neon Bible
Keep the Car Running
Well and the Lighthouse

That's my list of favs from top to bottom.

This is my list as of this second. Subject to change the follow second.

Top to bottom favs:

My Body is a Cage
No Cars Go
Ocean of Noise
Keep the Car Running
Windowsill
The Well and the Lighthouse
Black Mirror
Intervention
Antichrist Television Blues
Neon Bible
Black Waves/Bad Vibrations

Here's my list:

No Cars Go
My Body is a Cage
Intervention
Keep the Car Running
Black Mirror
Ocean of Noise
Windowsill
Black Waves/Bad Vibrations
Antichrist Television Blues
The Well and the Lighthouse
Neon Bible

well,

you:
spock.jpg

me:
spock.GIF

everything works with of Star Trek :up:

Yay!

e_lego@hotmail.com

Thank you!

Just want to say I'll buy the album when I am in a position to do so, but it might be a while because I can't get it where I live! So I need something in the meantime...:drool:

found a link that appears to work.

just downloaded it and emailed it to the three requests nearest mine in this thread.

for the record, I WILL BUY THIS WHEN IT COMES OUT. I always support the bands I love and go almost broke in the process.

This band deserves to have their albums bought, and I will be doing just that on March 6 (?).

This album is great... a slump by no means, but it's hard to match the greatness of Funeral. (Though, they are close!!)

Ocean of Noise = The best!

Ok, I'm wondering: The excitement I'm feeling is great. I can sense myself becoming a really big fan of this band, i.e buying Cds, DVDs, and concert tickets.

I'm 28 so too young to remember all the hoopla surrounding U2 when they first were getting recognition, I guess around War and The Unforgetabble Fire.

My question is: For those that remember, is this what it felt like? The excitement knowing you may be watching greatness evolve before your eyes. Are you getting a similar feeling now?

I guess I'm asking because listening to Funeral and Neon Bible makes me wish I was around in the early days of U2.

I got into U2 seriously with UF and already felt 'late.'

Yes, it's 'that feeling' for sure with this band--though I can only really say that when I see them live for the first time later this year.

But the live footage I've seen......

i'm sure most of you know this already, but on march 6 there will be a deluxe edition of neon bible released, with a 32-page booklet with artwork by the band.

very cool. :up:

Back
Top Bottom