MERGED ----> Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Downloading now!!!!!!! Oh my god. What a night! WOOO. :| Sorry. This is just too amazing. Can't wait to hear this fucker and rub it in my friends face afterwards. :drool:

13 minutes left on my download...then the running time of the album...then my first reactions. :drool:

8 minutes.....damn you download faster!!! :grr: I can't wait to hear the new No Cars Go....:drool:

So far. I'm in fucking heaven.

"Black Mirror" - This is a killer track. What an opener. Love it more and more every time I hear it.

"Keep the Car Running" - AMAZING. I'm laying here in bed giggling like a little kid listening to this. THIS is why The Arcade Fire are one of my all-time favorite bands. I can't wait to hear more of the album.

Next update in 2 or 3 tracks. :wink:

"Neon Bible" - Short but sweet. Love the production on this one.

"Intervention" - I was a little weary when I first heard the single version of this, but hearing it now in context of the album, it's friggen epic! The segue between Neon Bible and this track is great.

"Black Wave/Bad Vibrations" - Least impressive of the 5 so far, but still great. :up:

I had my first musigasm in awhile while listening to this new album. You know that feeling where you get a huge smile and you just shudder? Musigasm. I think mine occured during Keep The Car Running. The new No Cars Go is fucking INCREDIBLE.

This totally lives up to the hype.

inmyplace13 said:
I had my first musigasm in awhile while listening to this new album. You know that feeling where you get a huge smile and you just shudder? Musigasm. I think mine occured during Keep The Car Running. The new No Cars Go is fucking INCREDIBLE.

This totally lives up to the hype.

I agree completely. Keep the Car Running almost gave me a real orgasm it's so good. I'm in the middle of (Antichrist Television Blues) right now. I'll wait until I finish this fucker for my next post. No Cars Go, here I Come!!!

Lancemc said:

Keep the Car Running almost gave me a real orgasm it's so good.

It was at 1:45. That big soaring "oh-oh-oh-oh-oh."

Wow.

Holy mother of god. I don't believe what I just listened to.

After Black Wave/Bad Vibrations this album fucking EXPLODES! Every single song surprised the hell out of me. They would all start fairly low-key and cool, but by the climax of each track I had been figuratively and musically slapped in the face. Amazing. I can't really describe how good this is. I'm going to say right now that I enjoyed this first listening more than Funeral upon first listen. Much more actually. And I friggen loved Funeral the first time I heard it.

But this album had me literally covered in goosebumps the entire time.

I'll finish my track-by-track for the sake of consistancy.

"Ocean of Noise" - Probably my third favorite song from the album upon fist listen. Two words can describe this track. Epic. Beautiful. It's simply a masterpiece.

"The Well and the Lighthouse" - Starts off fairly inconspicuous, not unlike most of the album, but around the half-way point I realize I'm listening to another masterpiece. Seemed like a perfect companion piece to "Ocean of Noise"

(Antichrist Television Blues) - Maybe my second least favorite song on the album so far. That said. It's still great.

"Windowsill" - Wow. Again, similar to "Ocean of Noise" in that it surprises the hell out of you how it can continue to escalate and escalate to its glorious climax.

"No Cars Go" - Simply shattered any expectation I could have ever had about rerecording this song. Perfect in every way. Sent shivers down my spine. I couldn't stop laughing I was just so damn happy listening to this thing. The best thing the Arcade Fire has ever done, and easily my favorite song on the album.

"My Body is a Cage" - Now THIS was the MOST surprising track on the entire album. It starts off almost frustratingly slow (but still interesting), and grows to a point where it practically overshadows everything else on the album. It's almost as if by the time you get to this song, the band is saying "Oh yeah, those 10 songs you just listened to where basically a warm-up for what you're about to hear. Buckle your fucking seat-belts." Intense doesn't even begin to describe this song. It sucked the life out of me. It's haunting and gorgeous. On repeat listenings I bet this will be the song to continue to grow and grow with every listen.

So, overall, let me just say that Neon Bible completely and utterly blew away all my expectations, and reinforces the fact that The Arcade Fire ARE infact my second favorite band. They are the next big thing. They aren't going NOWHERE!

Now, I'm off to listen to it all over again.

I don't know if it's because I'm drunk or not, but the fifth time through is particularly nice.

I'm working on #3 right now. But I got to sleep soon, so this run is mostly just highlights until I listen all the way through tomorrow.

But on second spin, I must say the most impressive song was Windowsill. Rarely does such a beautiful song come around.

Here's how I rank the top songs so far:

1. Windowsill
2. No Cars Go
3. Ocean of Noise
4. My Body is a Cage
5. Keep the Car Running

But really, all these songs are so damn good I'm sure I'll NEVER be able to pin down a solid list like this. :drool:

OK, I thought Arcade Fire's first album was hugely over-rated but showed some glimmers of potential. I'll give this one a go and see if it's any good. I just know this forum's not going to shut up about it anyway ...

I don't know the policy of referring to sites that have this sort of leak, but uh.....check certain radiohead website forums for a link. I would stay away from the torrents, it seems like there are some decoys out there at 99%.

It's real late but I'm going to listen to it as long as I can. Just finishing Black Mirror now. :drool:

Axver said:
OK, I thought Arcade Fire's first album was hugely over-rated but showed some glimmers of potential. I'll give this one a go and see if it's any good. I just know this forum's not going to shut up about it anyway ...

I actually agree with this. I just reviewed Funeral in iTunes and I realized despite my positive feelings I only ever listened to Rebellion with any consistency. The rest of the songs are good enough, but it's not an album that I know I'll check back on every week or so.

that was a pleasant surprise. i want to give it quite some listens before i post about. right now, i just want to say, NO CARS GO is super fantastic to freak out to on a dancefloor in the middle of the night :rockon:

i already did last night :dance: :dance: :dance:

:drunk:

Well, that wasn't bad. Wasn't good either. At least it was better than Funeral, but I don't suppose that's much of a compliment coming from me.

Back
Top Bottom