MERGED ----> Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Antichrist Television Blues is repetitive in my view as much as Lemon is to U2. I think they are but there is a flow and wonderful storytelling to both songs that keeps things interesting.
With ATB, there is actually alot of variation with his vocals and music that match the right feeling conveyed with the lyrics.
I think the song is actually quite smart.

I think this album sounds like the best of Springsteen, Dylan and U2 combined. Like I said before, these songs are more like hymns that spill out spiritual frustration.

I get a lot of Joshua Tree feel with this in the metaphoric style of writing on Neon Bible.

I grew up in Tennessee, the belt buckle of the bible belt. Since Win Butler grew up in Texas, which is one of the big "holes in the belt", I think he did a great job of conjuring alot of images and feelings of the influence of religion in the southeast.

Does anyone have this NYC show that was broadcast yet?

I NEED THIS SHOW!!

yeah, good idea. i had nearly missed the announcement. keep an eye on it. it's probably happening in lots of places at the moment.

U2Man said:
hey, is their current live set only 14 songs long?

that seems a little short :(

It is kind of short but it's all relative. Consider that U2 has what,10 or 11 more albums than Arcade Fire and their sets are sometimes 21-22 songs which isn't that much more. Coldplay has three albums and their sets were 17-18 somgs I believe.

But I consider these shows warm-up concerts anyway. I think their sets will get longer during their spring tour.

i definitely hope so. as it is now, they're only playing for about 80 minutes. thats not a long concert. they have to play 20+ songs.

CDFallon said:
Can someone please, pretty please, PM me the link? I'm dying to hear this.

If you're not a premium member, you can't receive PMs, but it's easy to find it if you do a Google search.

I like this album far more than I did Funeral. I was always impressed by Funeral as a debut album, but there was something missing from it for me. I think it had something to do with the guitar parts, though I'm not sure exactly.

My favorite tracks are Keep the Car Running and My Body Is a Cage. Windowsill sounds to me like a song Johnny Cash never got around to recording, and the new version of No Cars Go is so much more polished.

There are quite a few albums coming out in the next few months that I'm really looking forward to, but I have a feeling this will still end up as one of my favorites for '07.

Alright, filtering out
mp3qg3.png
on Interference is pure stupidity. It's a fucking FILE EXTENSION people. Just because a file ends in
mp3qg3.png
doesn't mean it's pirated - it's the most popular digital format for storing music, for god's sake.

So here....

image2ja6.png

Last edited:
Canadiens1160 said:
Alright, filtering out
mp3qg3.png
on Interference is pure stupidity. It's a fucking FILE EXTENSION people. Just because a file ends in
mp3qg3.png
doesn't mean it's pirated - it's the most popular digital format for storing music, for god's sake.

regine-mike :drool:

mikal said:
hmm....it still says "file not found", lol!

1. Click the link.

2. It will say "file not found".

3. Don't leave the page. Go up to the address bar and type in "p3" after the "m" in the address. :wink:

So it says the first 7 rows of the orchestra seating is "Will Call" only. What exactly does that mean?

Back
Top Bottom