MERGED ----> Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i cannot :tsk:

so, is there anyone who thinks this album cannot live up to the hype?

Last edited:
i like all of them. but the church organ during intervention is something special, ill admit that.

but so is the trance, no cars go puts me in :drool:

bayou12780 said:

Found an interesting NME article about AF playing an impromptu version of Wake Up in the foyer at Porchester Hall after last night's concert. Also has youtube video.

http://www.nme.com/news/arcade-fire/26199

That was fan-fucking-tastic. Wow, it brough chills down my spine.

Hey Canadiens do you know anyone who's going to the Montreal shows next week? I'm tempted to splurge on a scalped ticket, that is, if no one out there has an extra one for me!:angel: :flirt:

Wow... I have now heard Intervention, No Cars Go, Black Mirror and My Body is Cage and all I can say is FUCK this band is good! I remember when I first heard Funeral I couldn't believe how a debut album could be that good, and that no music had made me feel this way since I discovered U2 10 years ago... And now this? Wow, just WOW, from what I heard it looks like this album will totally live up to the hype and more...

I didn't think they could top Funeral but they just might have :drool:

You know, I really enjoy the vocals in Arcade Fire. I have tried to show some friends the brilliance of Arcade Fire and the biggest complaint is the vocals. Anyone else run into vocal complaints?

I love any band or artist with unique vocals. They don't even have to be that great, but if they have a unique vocal sound I'm usually at least a bit more attracted to them. In The Arcade Fire's case, his Win and Regine's vocals are both very unique AND good. So I have no complaints. :wink:

So forgive me if I missed it in here while I was away, but on the arcade fire forums, they're reporting two things of note:

--an acoustic version of Guns of Brixton (Clash) was played in London....

--NPR is going to webcast this Saturday's show in NY (and will probably archive it thereafter)

BonoManiac said:

Fucking lucky bastard! Have any tickets available for tomorrow or Saturday?:pray:
Hehe no, I did the wait in line at 3am thing. There are 50 extra tickets available for Fri and Sat night, but you have to line up at L'Oblique (4333 Rivard) around 3am-ish to be sure you'll get a spot in line for the 10am ticket handout.

It's cold, very cold :|

I think I´ve listened to this album about 20 times now. Just gets better each time.
In alot of ways, it feels a little like the Joshua Tree (not as good of course!!).
THere is so much imagery with water and the ocean. As JT was for the west of the US, Neon Bible is more for the middle and southeast of the US, especially the Bible Belt.
Each song could have quite a few meanings behind it.

Back
Top Bottom