MERGED->anyone seen an Oasis concert lately?+How Good Was That Oasis Concert at MSG

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sami0201

Blue Crack Addict
Has anyone seen an Oasis concert lately?

I didn't see any threads about this so I thought I'd make a new one...has anyone seen them lately? I ask because I just randomly checked on ticketmaster and bought tickets to see them with Jet this Wednesday at the Garden. Are they still good live? Will I enjoy it if the only albums I have are Morning Glory and Don't Believe the Truth?

also, I have Jet's album too but has anyone seen them live?

I was wondering the same thing!
I'll be seeing them twice in the fall.
I'm sure you'll enjoy the antics even if you don't know the songs.

I was wondering the same thing... Can't wait to hear. I only have those 2 albums as well... Didn't buy tickets yet, but they won't be here til Septembe r (Hollywood Bowl):huh:

i just saw oasis in chicago last night. fucking unbelievable show. worth every penny. met gem and andy before the show....

Re: Has anyone seen an Oasis concert lately?

sami0201 said:
I didn't see any threads about this so I thought I'd make a new one...has anyone seen them lately? I ask because I just randomly checked on ticketmaster and bought tickets to see them with Jet this Wednesday at the Garden. Are they still good live? Will I enjoy it if the only albums I have are Morning Glory and Don't Believe the Truth?

also, I have Jet's album too but has anyone seen them live?
Several of my mates still go to Oasis shows and always say that they were awesome.I hope Liam G stays on stage for your whole show as i've read reports he's walked off mid way in a couple of the European shows due to onstage fights with Noel.p.s. You should get yourself Definately Maybe.It's by far the best album.

I'm seeing them when they return home to Manchester July 2nd! If you get Definitely Maybe then you will know most of the stuff as those are the three albums they will play most off. Besides the album rocks so it is well worth the money :wink:

*BOOMCHAA!* said:

awesome!!
good to hear!!
how'd you meet them?

well we were waiting in the general admission line when we saw this massive bus turn the corner....so we followed the bus around the arena and waited as we saw smoke coming out of the bus. Jet walked out of the bus with no security so we just went up to them and basically walked half way around the arena with them to the loading dock. Though i'm not really into their music, they were pretty cool guys....a little while later we saw 2 more buses pull up to the arena so we then followed them...Andy first stepped out of one of the buses then Gem came out of the other bus. Once again there was no security, no barricades or anything. They literally just stepped out of the bus right onto the sidewalk were us fans were waiting. They were really cool, mellow guys and since all the fans were very calm they stuck around and took pictures and signed everything. Very cool guys. Apparently, someone said that while we were all around Gem and Andy, Noel stepped out of one of the buses and snuck into the arena without being noticed by the crowd. So this was around 2:30 in the afternoon. At around 7:30 we were hanging around outside having a smoke when we Liam get dropped off by the loading ramp. Since we were overlooking the ramp we couldnt go up to him, but did get a chance to say hello and tell him that he's the man......his response was that he tries.....Liam Gallagher, my hero....

U2One said:

well we were waiting in the general admission line when we saw this massive bus turn the corner....so we followed the bus around the arena and waited as we saw smoke coming out of the bus. Jet walked out of the bus with no security so we just went up to them and basically walked half way around the arena with them to the loading dock. Though i'm not really into their music, they were pretty cool guys....a little while later we saw 2 more buses pull up to the arena so we then followed them...Andy first stepped out of one of the buses then Gem came out of the other bus. Once again there was no security, no barricades or anything. They literally just stepped out of the bus right onto the sidewalk were us fans were waiting. They were really cool, mellow guys and since all the fans were very calm they stuck around and took pictures and signed everything. Very cool guys. Apparently, someone said that while we were all around Gem and Andy, Noel stepped out of one of the buses and snuck into the arena without being noticed by the crowd. So this was around 2:30 in the afternoon. At around 7:30 we were hanging around outside having a smoke when we Liam get dropped off by the loading ramp. Since we were overlooking the ramp we couldnt go up to him, but did get a chance to say hello and tell him that he's the man......his response was that he tries.....Liam Gallagher, my hero....

oh wow!!
how fucking awesome!

The concert was great!!! Why oh why didn't Jet open for U2 instead of KOL...they were great! And the Gallaghers behaved impeccably this evening, sounded terrific, and it was so fantastic to see them again!!!

The crowd was extremely spirited, and I am sure I was the oldest person there! Lots of frat boy types, which was also the case when I saw them 9 years ago. I didn't get to see the screen, because I was to the right side of the stage, but I did get to sit about 5 rows closer for about 1/2 of the show. I got nice views of Liam and Noel.

It's really cool that Zak Starkey is the drummer on the tour. I've seen his dad Ringo Starr several times with his All-Star Band. Never saw that other group he used to tour with in concert...what WAS their name...oh yeah yeah yeah, The Beatles!

I hope America gives Oasis another chance at chart success. Coldplay has been #1 for two weeks with the new album, and as I was watching Oasis, I was wishing that they had the #1 album instead...

yesss, oasis definitely deserve more credit in america....they are a top band, right up there with coldplay...actually better than coldplay in my opinion

U2One said:
ummm, jet played for maybe about 45 minutes

45 minutes too long...

Jeez, I can't stress how ashamed I am that Jet are a Victorian band and not far from my part of Melbourne. They are a dsigrace to the city.

....and to think that Jet (shocking band) are touring with Oasis (legendary band) is just awkward and scary.

If Jet support Oasis when they hit Melbourne, I think I'll give my beloved Gallagher Bros and Gem and Andy a miss.

Dave Sardy did a fine job with Oasis's DBTT but Jet's Get Born is very very mediocre.

I agree with everything Diane L said, I LOVED the show!!! and I think Jet were awesome. But you could definitely tell that the crowd were there to see Oasis, because it was definitely not full during Jet's set. There were a lot of frat boy types, I think my friend and I were some of the only sober people around us! A drunk guy came and danced with me which is always fun (lol) and kept offering me beer, but being the good girl that I am I refused!

anyway, it was a GREAT show. and they played all of the songs I really wanted to hear, and the highlight for me had to be Don't Look Back in Anger, the crowd went INSANE. He didn't even sing the chorus, the whole crowd was singing it together. Great moment. Lila64, the songs they played were:

Turn Up The Sun
Lyla
Love Like A Bomb
Bring It On Down
Morning Glory
Cigarettes And Alcohol
The Importance Of Being Idle
Little By Little
A Bell Will Ring
Live Forever
Meaning Of Soul
Mucky Fingers
Champagne Supernova
Rock 'N Roll Star

Encores:
Songbird
Wonderwall
Don't Look Back In Anger
My Generation

Wow - sounds like a great show. Lots of songs from the new album. Still a couple from the new album I would like to see on the setlist, but overall looks good. I may have to pick up a CD, since I only have Morning Glory and the new one...

Thanks for the review and setlist! If you find a live recording of it, let me know :wink:

How Good Was That Oasis Concert At Madison Square Garden?!!!!!

HOW GOOD WAS THAT OASIS CONCERT AT MADISON SQUARE GARDEN?!!!!!

Liam's voice was spot on.

I'd almost shed a tear during Live Forever and Don't Look Back In Anger.

Back
Top Bottom