MERGED ----> Anyone on the Facebook? + Facebook, anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EmilyBono

The Fly
Anyone on the Facebook?

Are there any other college students here who are registered on thefacebook.com ? I started a group called "U2 Rules" and we are currently five members strong, haha :)

i am, but i forgot how to log in.

:der:

not like i really want to log in. people i didn't really know in high school keep "friending" me. i hate when people that kind of thing.

Re: Anyone on the Facebook?

EmilyBono said:
I started a group called "U2 Rules" and we are currently five members strong, haha :)

I started a U2 group a few days ago, kinda forgot about it...15 members from my school so far....

It's a website - thefacebook.com - my friends told me about it about a month ago, so it looks like I was out of the loop as well ;) You can just put friends on your list and message each other, have a profile, etc. I just use it mainly to message friends who don't use aol.

Facebook, anyone?

I happen to think it's much better than MySpace. I could never get into the whole myspace/xanga thing, but I like the whole university theme to this thing.

Any of youcollege student have one? I want to extend my friend empire.

I was registered there for about five minutes until I realized people I knew from high school might find me through it and unregistered.

typhoon said:
I was registered there for about five minutes until I realized people I knew from high school might find me through it and unregistered.

:lmao:

I am, and have been for some time, staunchly...rabidly, even...anti-Facebook. I'm convinced that it's the work of the Devil. I once registered simply to fuck with somebody, but I left it at that. All them shits do is make it so that you don't have to talk to anybody.

Like iPods, AIM, message boards (ahem), and the like aren't already doing enough of that...

Just search for Harlow at Texas State, I'll be the second one.

typhoon said:

you can unregister? tell me how to do this. i'm sick of weirdos i didn't like in middle school sending me "OMG!! i haven't heard from you in years!!!" messages. :crack: yeah, there's a reason you haven't heard from me in years...i don't like you.

IWasBored said:

you can unregister? tell me how to do this. i'm sick of weirdos i didn't like in middle school sending me "OMG!! i haven't heard from you in years!!!" messages. :crack: yeah, there's a reason you haven't heard from me in years...i don't like you.

HAHA. I think we have all been there

I'm on it and I LOVE it b/c I've found probably 30 or so people I've lost touch with since high school...even some friends from grade school who never went to my high school! No need to post my name/place here though b/c I only add people I actually know. :shrug:

Re: Facebook, anyone?

inmyplace13 said:
I happen to think it's much better than MySpace. I could never get into the whole myspace/xanga thing, but I like the whole university theme to this thing.

Any of youcollege student have one? I want to extend my friend empire.

Is it more "mature" than MySpace? Some of the MySpace pages are so childish and cluttered, they drive me nuts. Sort of like trying to read through threads of Zootopia.

Yeah I'd wager it's more mature, i suppose. Mature in that only college students can get them so, unlike myspace, you dont have 13 year old teenyboppers listing s1Mp13 p14n!1!111!!1one!11!!! as one of their heroes.

Also, one of the problems with MySpace is the customization. It's cool if people have restraint, but the clutter you're talking about is a result of people going overboard with customization - which is not on facebook. As a result, everything remains relatively neat and simple to navigate. The only downside I see is the lack of a multiple photo gallery.

are you dragging up year old threads for a reason?

considering there is one about this IDENTICAL topic made yesterday which hasn't fallen off the front page yet?

do you not think there is enough crap littering this forum?

Back
Top Bottom