MERGED-->Anyone heard of Keane?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I like Keane :hyper: Don't know why... but I do!
I seen their video for "somewhere only we know" and the dude on the piano moves WAY too much lol, it makes laugh! I just think it's hilarious!

Saracene said:
I like Travis, Coldplay and Doves, but right now I find it hard to get excited about yet another wistful/melancholic British band.

oh, we've got plenty more where that came from :yes:

I've enjoyed what I've heard, but I havent heard that much yet.

Some good singles :up:

I don't quite see the Radiohead comparisons somehow. Or even the Coldplay/Travis ones.

Muse sounds like Radiohead. Keane doesn't.

Embrace (that one song anyway) sounds like Coldplay. Keane doesn't.

I agree with Yertle, none of these comparisons make any sense to me.

Dalton said:

Anyone know if they are named after Roy Keane?

They are named after a lady (Cherry Keane) who used to babysit Tom the singer.

I REALLY dont get the Radiohead comparision either - they are nothing like them. I can understand the coldplay one because of the piano but I still dont think they sound much like Coldplay or Travis, I think its refreshing to not have the sound overwhelmed with guitars - although I do love my guitar bands!

And Watch out for Thirteen Senses next (lol) you can tell that Keane have made it here because Thirteen Senses are being compared to Coldplday+Keane.

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:
I agree with Yertle, none of these comparisons make any sense to me.

i think the travis comparison is due to the fact that keane's single that is being played on the radio sounds like a travis song.

I base my radiohead comment on the song I heard on the radio. it's got alot of piano and he sounds exactly like thom yorke. I don't know the name of the song. admittedly, I don't know what travis sounds like, but this sounded exactly like radiohead to me, minus guitars.

i like somewhere only we know and bedshaped, but despite my best efforts i havent managed to like the rest of the album, so overall theyre pretty boring. C-
:hmm: better luck next time. and i really feel the album needs an acoustic song.. you know, A GUITAR!

I like them when they're on the radio, I have no interest in buying their album. I think they might be this year's Darkness.

I am in love with Bedshaped right now. I can't get enough of this song. I think it is absolutely beautiful. :heart:

And the only similar thing to Coldplay is the fact both bands play with a piano and to that I say big deal. I love Coldplay, Travis, Keane and pretty much any other band/artist that incorporates beautiful piano playing into their music. :up:

yertle-the-turtle said:
Muse sounds like Radiohead.

I remember when Muse first came out, people absolutely HATED them because they sounded like Radiohead. Practically every review of Showbiz mentioned Radiohead. I :heart: Muse though. Can't blame them for having good taste. (I'm sure there are many people around here who would refute that though!)

Keane are alright. I think the comparisons to Travis are pretty on the mark.

U2@NYC said:
I also just bought the tickets since I liked the snippets I was able to hear on the Web. Plus, they were $25 for GAs in a little club we have here in D.C. (that holds like 800 people), so I guess it will be an intimate function. Erasure is coming to the same place a couple of weeks later.

i saw them last september @ the same club (930 club) for $15. i guess in 4 months they've gotten popular enough to nearly double their ticket price :rolleyes:

they were kinda blah live, even MORE boring than coldplay, if that's possible

Back
Top Bottom