MERGED-->Anyone Give A Damn About THE VMA's? + 2003 VMAs + Justin Timberlake...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The show will be broadcasted at 0:30 local time (for me), so I will definately not watch it live. I'll read the reports here to see if I have to watch one of the 4,692 reruns they're planning for the coming weekend...

:sigh:

Marty

*sigh* Well, according to media reports, Johnny Cash has been hospitalized again and won't be able to attend the VMAs. :sad: I hope he's okay. :sad:

To read the story, go to mtvnews.com....

hehe, i liked how they duped duran duran into going onstage with kelly osbourne and avril lavigne, and they were actually presenting them with a lifetime achievement award. :D

ok, I have 2 points:

1. only one Coldplay song? but I liked to see that without a super show Coldplay is a great band

2. Johnny Cash rules, doesn't need to gain Mtv awards (and less of Mtv!), Hurt is a masterpiece of the video (I love it :heart: )

I forgot it, what class of epidemic is this of rap/hip-hop? :angry:

Last edited:
A few observations.

--Yes, Sean Paul is hot.

--I think I have been Justified. :ohmy:

--Congrats to Missy Elliott. That was a catchy video and song, and not that it's relevant to this year, but she's been making innovative videos for years now. Love her.

--Coldplay sounded great. I'm glad Chris kept the spazzing out to a minimum.

--Missed the first half of the show due to yoga class.

--Lip synching needs to be banned. It's worse for the music industry than file sharing.

--50 Cent is a :censored: P-I-M-P.

This show was the equivalent of a flatline. No brain waves.

The Madonna performance made me ill. The 3 of them should have just kept with "Like a Virgin" and not her sorry new single. :down:

Beyonce. Oh god don't get me started. :down:

50 Cent. (see Beyonce)

Coldplay... glad to see them up there. :up:

Chris Rock.... umm... where's your humor, boy? very so-so performance by one of my fave comedians.

Back
Top Bottom