MERGED-->Any Depeche Mode fans out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

youtwohearts

New Yorker
Any Depeche Mode fans out there?

I know I could go on line to find this answer but that requires leaving this bored. What is up with them? Are they recording, breaking up. I heard Dave's solo album was good, although I didn't purchase it. It wasn't played a lot.

I love Depeche but can't say I've followed them closely since the Exciter tour. I did hear good things about Dave's solo and they have the remixes coming out in a few weeks but I don't know about new projects or if they are disbanded.

I'm a casual fan. I have their greatest hits CD. I'm thinking about getting the one that came out a few years ago that has that song "Dream On."

I am a big DM fan, and last I heard was from their official site in March when Dave said: "I'm writing right now. I know Martin is writing as well. Hopefully we'll get together later in the year, to talk about what we're gonna do next. Hopefully that will be a Depeche thing. We'll have to wait and see what happens, so we'll keep you posted."

DM have always taken things at their sweet pace, so hard to tell how long they'll stay out of the game. I'm looking forward to picking up that electronica remix CD of their stuff though!!

Bonochick said:
After U2, I own more DM albums than any other band. :heart:

Me too. The worst is when they toured Exciter at the same time as Elevation talk about a lot of money.

Thanks for the info. My wedding song was DM (tough choosing over U2 walked down the aisle to U2 figured that was just as important). Second favorite band is DM.

youtwohearts said:

My wedding song was DM (tough choosing over U2 walked down the aisle to U2 figured that was just as important). Second favorite band is DM.

That's cool...if you don't mind sharing, what were the songs you chose for your special day?

Pearl said:
I'm a casual fan. I have their greatest hits CD. I'm thinking about getting the one that came out a few years ago that has that song "Dream On."

yeah! Dream On is a great song! I heard that they broke up some time ago, but I'm not sure if it was true... :scratch:

chelle00 said:

That's cool...if you don't mind sharing, what were the songs you chose for your special day?

Somebody one of my all time favorites by DM wedding song. Miss Sarjevo is what I walked down the aisle to. I felt that the first versus was fitting. Is there a time for high street shopping, to find the right dress to wear.

Also side note: we were at a wedding for friends of my husband a few months before and they used All I Want is You didn't want to copy.

youtwohearts said:

Somebody one of my all time favorites by DM wedding song. Miss Sarjevo is what I walked down the aisle to. I felt that the first versus was fitting. Is there a time for high street shopping, to find the right dress to wear.

Also side note: we were at a wedding for friends of my husband a few months before and they used All I Want is You didn't want to copy.

Great choices! Somebody is a beautiful, realisitc lovesong, not so mushy as others out there!!

I really do not consider this a confession, therefore I am going to move it to Just The Bang & The Clatter.

I :heart: DM...after U2, I have more DM albums than anybody else.

I started getting into them after Songs of Faith & Devotion. I bought the live version, Ultra and Exceter (the last one was a bit disappointing). I tried to like the stuff they did before Songs of Faith & Devotion but it didn't work so I ended up buying their singles collection to get the Faith & Devotion studio recordings and the best of their earlier work ( :drool: ). I'm looking forward to their next release.

Violater is one of the best albums ever - if you're in the mood. I would put DM in my top 15-20 bands. Obviously, since this is a U2 forum and I am a U2 nut, I would say that lots of DM songs won't stand the test of time like U2s music. Sure, songs like Personal Jesus & Just Can't Get Enough are DM equivelant of Pride or WOWY (Anthems to be played on radio forever). However, the bands are completely different and muscic styles are drastically different so I don't like to compare them.

where was i going with this? oh yeah, DM is a great band.

Heck, yes! I have loved Depeche Mode for quite some time, now. Their last two studio efforts were, for me, a bit sub-par, but pretty much all of their other stuff is music I treasure with all my heart. Great music, great band, but they've been around, now, for almost ten years longer than they probably should have been... They can still knock you dead live, though...

Back
Top Bottom