MERGED-->Any Depeche Mode fans out there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm a fan too. Violator is a classic.

Edited to say that mofo and I heard some of their new remix album while shopping for CDs this weekend. I really liked the new mix of Enjoy the Silence. I'm not sure what I'd say after hearing it more, but on the first listen, I liked it more than the original.

Last edited:
but of course, look at my username.

favorite albums are:
Music for the Masses
Songs of Faith and Devotion
Violator

my top 20 DM songs:

Walking In My Shoes
In Your Room
World In My Eyes
Fly On The Windscreen
Freestate
Love Theives
It's No Good
Mercy In You
Waiting For The Night
Stripped
I Feel You
Enjoy The Silence
Clean
Rush
Never Let Me Down
Policy Of Truth
Higher Love
Behind The Wheel
A Question Of Time
Blue Dress

Didn't realise this thread was here.....

I'm an equally big DM fan as I am a U2 one.
I'm on a few DM forums (yeah, I'm a forum "junkie"), and the latest news is that there seems to be some tension between Dave and Martin in relation to the songwriting (although I don't want to start rumours here).
Because Dave has had a crack at songwriting for his previous solo album, it seems he is determined to have a few of his own songs on a new DM album (Mart has always been the chief songwriter since 1982).
Anyway, hopefully things will run smoothly and a new album (made with no tension) will emerge!
:happy:

My wedding song was Somebody. If I wrote that already in this thread I apologize. I am a bigger U2 fan but DM has always been a steady second. At one DM concert back in the day...I saw a person walking who had a black U2 jacket and I turned to my friend and said I wonder if U2 likes them. I read in the paper that Adam and Larry went to see a DM concert a couple of days later. So I guess some of our boys liked them too. A couple years later Adam and Larry did the Mission Impossible theme which seemed DM to me.

ravenette said:
Didn't realise this thread was here.....

I'm an equally big DM fan as I am a U2 one.
I'm on a few DM forums (yeah, I'm a forum "junkie"), and the latest news is that there seems to be some tension between Dave and Martin in relation to the songwriting (although I don't want to start rumours here).
Because Dave has had a crack at songwriting for his previous solo album, it seems he is determined to have a few of his own songs on a new DM album (Mart has always been the chief songwriter since 1982).
Anyway, hopefully things will run smoothly and a new album (made with no tension) will emerge!
:happy:

Hasn't Dave and Martin always had disagreements over song writing? I thought that was a given in that relationship. One thing I want to say about U2 on this issue is every song is credited to U2 not Bono or the Edge but U2. We all know Bono writes most of the songs and i like that the credit is still U2.

@youtwohearts -

There's no doubt that U2 have been a lot 'steadier' in terms of the relationship between members. Full credit to them I say!

DM have always had a somewhat 'rocky' relationship - I mean, the first change in their line up was just after their first album! The next being in 1995.

As for the songwriting, as far as I'm aware, the Dave/Mart songwriting issues only started in around 96/97, when one of Dave's songs was rejected for the album Ultra, but it seems only more recently, the tension has become somewhat greater.

ravenette said:

DM have always had a somewhat 'rocky' relationship - I mean, the first change in their line up was just after their first album!

That initial lineup change (Vince Clarke) was actually good, because DMode probably would have faded away with the rest of 80's shit bands. Thank goodness Martin Gore took over :wink:

Back
Top Bottom