MERGED ----> Amy Winehouse

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think I'm going to pick this up soon. I like what I've heard of it on iTunes. Something about her reminds me of a female version of John Legend, who I love and have been listening to a lot lately.

Re: Amy Winehouse - I'm appreciating her

snowbunny00774 said:
What's not to love?

Exactly!

She's a freakin trainwreck but that just makes me :heart: her even more for some reason.

She's fab! :cool:

Rehab's just so addicting - Tried to make me go to rehab, i say no, no, no :shame:

:giggle:

Does anybody have Frank? I've just jumped onboard with Back To Black, haven't heard the debut yet, so I'm just curious how that is.

I looove Frank, :heart: The production is much more sparse and stripped down than on Back to Black so it doesn't have that lush 60s sound, but personally I think that overall it has stronger songs. I like Back to Black as well but it didn't -quite- live up to my expectations especially after I've heard Rehab and loved it. Still, Amy's definitely one of the most talented young artists out there; hopefully she'll have a long and interesting career that won't drown in alcohol and tabloids.

I have Rockin your F Me Pumps from Frank and I really like the sound on it. It is more stripped down and it sounds more intimate. I will be picking up Frank, hopefully the rest of it sounds as good.

love the Back to Black album
she was so bad live that we left after about an hour though

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:
Question:

Am I going to feel the same way about this album in a month as I do about the Lily Allen album?

That's what I was thinking when I put it back on the shelf. I have tons of cd's that only got a months play and I loved Lily Allen for a month :wink:

don't think so.

P and I were sitting around getting drunk and debating the same thing while listening to both of em the other day.

Lily is alright, but I think it's really just her describing her daily shit in a cute english accent. I can't imagine me not enjoying this stuff on a more permanent basis. It's got more substance I think.

snowbunny00774 said:
don't think so.

P and I were sitting around getting drunk and debating the same thing while listening to both of em the other day.

Lily is alright, but I think it's really just her describing her daily shit in a cute english accent. I can't imagine me not enjoying this stuff on a more permanent basis. It's got more substance I think.

That is really it, when you think about it. Cute for a nanosecond, and this "bugger, I really don't feel like touring" crap isn't helping her cause.

Amy Winehouse used to be really hot, before drugs messed her up.

Don't know much about her music though, never hear it in Australia cause she is British.

The main question is: Who's hotter, Lily Allen or Amy Winehouse?

I used to think Amy was alright until I saw her live. :crack:

Back to Black has been getting a lot of plays around my house lately. I've listened to it a few times already today, in fact. I really love it. While I'm skeptical as to whether or not her career will last, Back to Black is a solid album.

The new issue of Rolling Stone with her on the cover arrived yesterday, but I haven't gotten a chance to read the article yet.

intedomine said:

The main question is: Who's hotter, Lily Allen or Amy Winehouse?
In the looks department, Lily. However, her music is so atrocious it makes Winehouse look like the real deal.

Pfft. Amy Winehouse gets the cover of Rolling Stone and Arcade Fire doesn't? Whatevs.

Everytime I look at Amy Winehouse I think "Girl, I really like your album but ohmyGOD comb your hair."

But what do I know? I still really like Lilly Allen's album. :wink:

BonoIsMyMuse said:
While I'm skeptical as to whether or not her career will last, Back to Black is a solid album.
I agree.

BonoIsMyMuse said:

The new issue of Rolling Stone with her on the cover arrived yesterday, but I haven't gotten a chance to read the article yet.

I got through some of it and Barnes and Noble. It was annoying. She's a weird fucker.

Back
Top Bottom