MERGED --> All Threads on Christmas Gifts HERE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 Show
Goo Goo Dolls Live in Buffalo DVD
HTDAAB Deluxe (in Nov.)
art supplies
$$$$$$
Old Navy Gift Card
JCPenney Gift Card
The Beatles Capitol Albums Vol. 1

U2 Show
Various DVDs
A music box that plays fur elise (think of the Stay video, the box edge plays at the start
SOCKS!!! :eyebrow:
Digital camera
and chocolate :drool:

A belated Merry Christmas to everyone :). Hope you all had a wonderful holiday.

Things I got yesterday from my parents:

-Some chocolate & candy canes
-Little mugs with stuffed animals in them, like a penguin, a deer, a bear, and a little stuffed Santa (and they're all so cute!)
-A couple of turtlenecks (which is good, 'cause I said I needed a couple of new ones)
-A really pretty red sweater
-A moon pillow
-A little jewelry box (in which I put my pearl necklace my aunt had sent me for my birthday :))
-The "Live Aid" DVD
-U2's "Best Of 1990-2000" DVD
-The "U2 Show" book

Things I got from my sister:

-U2's Slane Castle DVD (saw the part where Eve's dancing around during "Mysterious Ways" yesterday-awwwww :cute:...)
-And possibly one of THE neatest things I've ever gotten-a charcoal drawing picture of U2 that someone had made. When my family had gone to Rapid City a few weeks back to do some Christmas shopping, we'd come across this little table area of a bunch of charcoal drawings of various musicians and actors and whatnot (and they were REALLY good, too). Apparently, when I wasn't at that area, my sister'd found a U2 one, and decided to get that for me for Christmas. :D. It's of the guys from the Pop era, and it's scary how good the drawing is.

So yesterday 'twas a good day. And my family liked the gifts they all got, too (matter of fact, my dad's watching one of the things he got yesterday right now), so...:up:.

Angela

The U2 iPod
iTunes gift certificate
pajamas
money
a purse
a scarf
a poncho (this was actually a belated b-day gift)
fancy lip balm
bath salts and shower gel
a Future Shop gift card
a set of 3 "Tragic Toys for Girls and Boys" - I am a big Tim Burton fan as well!

I am very lucky to have such awesome friends and family!
:happy:

Read what I got for Xmas!!!....

My fantastic father, god bless him, has booked me and my gf a 3 nite stay at The Clarence, Dublin!!:ohmy:
It includes one day, of being taken round Dublin in a limo and seeing the, 'U2 Sights' of the city!:dance:

Not staying in the Penthouse sadly, but a deluxe double room anyway!:hyper:

Ive never even been to Ireland, so im really looking forward to it.
....OMG - I may meet Bono.....or Edge:hyper: :faint:
Ok...it's doubtful, but I can dream!:wink:

$

movie gift cards

U2 Show, Vertigo import single

Concert For George DVD, Bruce Unplugged DVD, Red Sox DVDs, and a beautiful Johnny Damon picture

a purse

a fleece poncho

misc other stuff

From my husband:

Buffy series 1-7 on DVD :hyper: (now I can sell my series 4 dvds and series 2 videos on ebay)
Zoo Tycoon 2
a booklight/penlight
a pedometer
chocolate
a Fozzie Bear Pez dispenser

From my dad and stepmom:

plane tickets to North Carolina for Christmas
a penguin soap dispenser
a penguin candleholder
penguin pajamas
a penguin pillow
Muppet Treasure Island DVD
Simpsons Uno
beef jerky
brown sugar and cinnamon Pop Tarts (can't get them in England)
a Homer Simpson Christmas stocking
a $50 mall gift card (with which I bought a Chibi Maru (Sanrio character) bag, a Chococat wallet, a denim skirt, a furry scarf, and gloves)

from my grandmother:

body spray
a glass penguin
$105 (wedding and birthday gift, which I used to buy furry boots, cowboy boots, Simpsons Game of Life, a cashmere jumper, and a green jumper)

$50 from my uncle and aunt
vodka chocolates from my cousin and his wife
a cinamon cake and Christmas plate from my aunt

pre-Christmas presents from my in-laws:

maps of the eastern and western parts of the US (my mother-in-law and I are both obsessed with maps)
a Washington, DC calendar
What's the Matter with America?: The Resistable Rise of the American Right by Thomas Frank

money (don't remember how much....:reject: ) from my husband's aunt and uncle

...and now I'm trying to figure out how we're going to get all of this back to England. :yikes:

Typical Dad stuff; couple of books to catch up on overdue reading...

Leather jacket to keep me warm in those long U2 concert lines...

BAW got a U2 iPod and related equipment, candles, scents, new Nikes, etc.

Very conservative this year...we really splurged on all 4 kids, including my daughter...it may be the last time since next year, they will all be 18+...no more "free passes" if you know what I mean :wink:

In general, our kids received a couple turntables, DJ' headsets, digital camera, new HP computer tower, phone...and gift certs.

It was a very good year!..:yes:

Re: Read what I got for Xmas!!!....

Aardvark747 said:
My fantastic father, god bless him, has booked me and my gf a 3 nite stay at The Clarence, Dublin!!:ohmy:
It includes one day, of being taken round Dublin in a limo and seeing the, 'U2 Sights' of the city!:dance:

Not staying in the Penthouse sadly, but a deluxe double room anyway!:hyper:

Ive never even been to Ireland, so im really looking forward to it.
....OMG - I may meet Bono.....or Edge:hyper: :faint:
Ok...it's doubtful, but I can dream!:wink:

:shocked:...wow.

Your dad is by far one of THE coolest people ever *Nods*. What an awesome Christmas gift! *Is envious, LOL*

Also, hey, I'd keep an eye out anyway if I were you-ya never know, you could meet one of the guys while you're there. Crazier things have happened, after all, right?

When you do take your trip, may you have a wonderful time.

Angela

Re: Re: Read what I got for Xmas!!!....

Moonlit_Angel said:

:shocked:...wow.

Your dad is by far one of THE coolest people ever *Nods*. What an awesome Christmas gift! *Is envious, LOL*

Also, hey, I'd keep an eye out anyway if I were you-ya never know, you could meet one of the guys while you're there. Crazier things have happened, after all, right?

When you do take your trip, may you have a wonderful time.

Angela

Cheers for that! I will be keeping my eyes peeled...im going in Feb, so Bono may be having a little rest there before jetting off to the US for the tour!:wink:

- digital camera. i don't know how to switch this on.
- mp3 player. one of those smaller ones, not an ipod, but hey.
- sleeveless t-shirt. no bloody way am i wearing this.
- $5 book voucher.

ah well. that's still 4 items more than i was expecting to get.

....continued....

a Twisted Whiskers (cats and dogs with huge eyes) calendar
an Eric the Penguin calendar
a Denby lasagne dish
a 3D fair trade tic tac toe game
a Dears cd
a fair trade mug
a National Geographic Lord of the Rings video
LOTS of Delia Smith cookbooks
You Are What You Eat book
the Himalaya book from the show with Michael Palin

and my husband got lots of DVDs (the Simpsons series 5, Yes Prime Minister series 1, Red Dwarf series 5, Toy Story 1&2) that I'm sure I will watch as well.

Back
Top Bottom