MERGED-->ALL Superbowl Halftime show 2003 Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JOFO

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
superbowl halftime show 2003

gee, last years was a little better..........:sexywink:

sting will do anything to keep himself in the public eye at this point.

I heard it down the hall. Did they even let people applaud? BANG BANG BANG it was one after the other. And whatta weird selection. Shania, then No Doubt doing an old song then Sting doing an old song. :huh: Was there any more? The people whose TV I was listening to changed the channel while Sting was singing..

weird...shania singing "Man I feel like a woman" at a male-dominated sports event in her tiny little push up bra, jiggling away...and Up, an unreleased track that no on e knows of...No Doubt singing one of their oldest songs, "Just a girl" at a male-dominated sports event (at least they didn't lip sync) and Sting...well. Wtf is all I have left to say...

Wtf was that? I shut my tv completely off for Shania Twain, though I was shocked she wore clothing. :rolleyes:

I turned it on again in time to see the lame ass Gwenabe cheerleaders. I like No Doubt but this was just really stupid. And then Sting....I dunno, I loved him in the 80's but... eh. :shrug:

Last year they had to pull out something that was articulate and emotional/heartfelt in the aftermath of 9/11. Now it's business as usual. I'm not really shocked.

hmmm....i like all three of them (well not shania as much), i wish i'd seen halftime. i was out getting chili's for the family and me during halftime. :(

what did sting sing? i came in right at the freaking end, i saw him and gwen onstage so i don't even know what they sang.

KhanadaRhodes said:
hmmm....i like all three of them (well not shania as much), i wish i'd seen halftime. i was out getting chili's for the family and me during halftime. :(

what did sting sing? i came in right at the freaking end, i saw him and gwen onstage so i don't even know what they sang.

they sang message in a bottle.

why I don't know.:|

KhanadaRhodes said:

Message in a Bottle. No Doubt did Just a Girl, or whatever it's called, and as for Shania? Have no clue. I don't like her so I wasn't paying attention

Sting looked cute as always!:yes:

Bon Jovi's on now! :no: :no: :no: :no: Don't they have any other song than this:mad:

STING was great! I hope he plays Message In A Bottle with the Police at the HAll OF Fame Awards in March!

:huh: I had no idea Sting was going to be performing at halftime! If I'd known I probably would have tuned in. I guess I'll just have to hope for a Police reunion at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction...:drool:

Superbowl 2002 haftime v/s 2003 halftime

What do you think about this years superbowl halftime?

First, Shania Twain: just, just.....SUCKED. It looked like if they weren't playing any instruments. "Man, I feel like a woman" sounded exact the same as in the cd or the video, no live-vibe. Really bad :madspit:

Second. When the opening chords of "Just a girl" sounded, I lterally jumped out of my bed :tongue: , great song by a great band, BUT lovely Gwen was having some vocal problems, she wasn't at her fullest.
And it was great when Sting appeared singing "Message in a bottle" alongside Gwen

Bottom line: without Shania, it could have been better. With another group or singer instead of Shania, it would have been a lot better. (Maybe Springsteen or the Chili Peppers, both with a great 2002)
And, sorry No Doubt & Sting, but you couldn't top U2 top performance of 2002.

Precious moments:
1-Dixie Chicks and the National Anthem (they rock)
2-Gwen Stefani surrounded by Gwen-look-a-like-cheerleaders shouting: "I'm just a girl in the Supetrbowl!!!" :sexywink:

*thinks about Gwen* :drool:

Does anybody honestly think that any Super Bowl halftime show will EVER top U2's?

To even compare theirs to any others is like comparing apples to oranges.

Bonochick said:
Does anybody honestly think that any Super Bowl halftime show will EVER top U2's?

To even compare theirs to any others is like comparing apples to oranges.

my mom and sis were all excited to see the half time show and they were all upset that I didn't care because last year I made such a huge deal about the show. Why would I care this year ?:huh: No U2-no watching the show! Actually I did watch it and I thought it sucked! Sting was a nice surprise but nothing will ever compare to seeing our beautiful boys last year :yes:

Eh, it was so so. Not nearly as bad as that Aerosmith/Britney fiasco of 2 years ago but not even in the same league as last year.

Shania "lipsynch" Twain needs to go back into retirement. And what the hell was up with her Backstreet Boy look-alike band?

I love No Doubt and can't really complain about anything other than the fact that they did such an old song.

Sting looked good, sounded good but again, why such an old song?

Pre-game show - please, please, please...whatever we've done to piss off Canada, we're sorry. No more Celine Dion, EVER. The Dixie Chicks didn't embarass themselves.

Santana/Beyonce/Michelle Branch...didn't watch it.

Post game - Bon Jovi = mute or change the channel.

It was annoying, Shania's song was annoying, it has the worst chorus ever "Yeahhyeahhhyeahhhhyeahyeahhh" and she lip synched, but I didn't care, and the guys in her band look like they had an expensive vintage clothing store throw up all over them.

No Doubt was alright but I could just imagine the meeting they had with the people that set up the half time show "Play that one song that everyone might recognize from that one album you had that sold millions okay?" At least Gwen didn't lip synch, but her voice sounded kind of tired and her running around kind of made her out of breath and you can tell, uh, because she could barely sing at times.

Ah, and then there was Sting. Sting is just the man. It was nice to hear him sing a classic song like that.

what was up with shania's band member playing the "key-tar"? (you know, the keyboard that's worn like a guitar?) those haven't been around since, like, 1986....

also, shania's clothes were just terrible!

i agree with bonochick. of course most of the people on this forum are going to say this year's halftime sucked, and last year's was better, because U2 played then.

to me, it'd be like me saying "yeah, i saw britney spears, jennifer lopez, and christina aguilera sing on the tonight show. man they sucked!!! it was so much better last night when no doubt were on!"

Shania lip syncing was really lame, especially when Gwen and Sting actually sang! Not to mention Shania's little sparkly bra number! :no: And although No Doubt and Sting performed old songs, I still thought it was pretty decent. I liked that Gwen and Sting sang together on Message in a Bottle.

Back
Top Bottom