MERGED: All Recent Britney Spears Chatter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MissVelvetDress_75

Blue Crack Addict
basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized b
Sugar Pop Princess New Album *britney news* :|

now i know you all will be out there buying her new cd.

[q]Britney Spears has kept most things about her upcoming album under wraps, but at least one of the producers she's collaborated with confirmed what many have speculated ? that the singer, like her recent head-turning photo spreads in the New
York Times, W and Elle, is definitely going in a more adult direction.

"We went in the studio and cooked up something hot for the dance floor, made something real sexy," P. Diddy told MTV News backstage at the Video Music Awards last week. "It's going to be great."

Diddy declined to give song titles, since the tracks aren't finished and the album isn't due until November. While other producers who have worked with the singer ? including Rodney Jerkins, the Neptunes, 7 Aurelius, the Matrix and Fred Durst ? have described Britney's new material as having a trip-hop vibe reminiscent of Madonna's "Ray of Light" (see "Who's Been Hooking Up With Britney? We Got 'Em To Talk"), Diddy said Spears actually has a wider range on the upcoming album, which MTV got a sneak preview of earlier this summer (see "Britney Previews LP, Denies Rumors Of 'Cry Me A River' Response").

Besides ballads, dance tracks and Middle Eastern rhythms, Spears also raps on one track, "Brave Girl." "I think she's giving you a lot to work with," Diddy said. "She's broke out of that just pop [style], just being a pop artist. She's being a trendsetter. She has many styles. You don't know how she's going to come and hit you next."

Diddy said he came out of the sessions with a newfound respect for Spears and found that she had taught him a thing or two as well.

"As a performer, as an artist, as a songwriter, she ain't no slouch," he said. "It was great working with her. She was real quick, real quick. I wouldn't go into the studio with nothing that wouldn't motivate me. The way she did it her way, that motivated me to get with her and give her a bit of my flavor mixed with hers, to get her to do something combustionable.

"Is that a word?" he asked, laughing.

Spears plans to unveil two new songs during her performance at the NFL Kickoff concert, which will be televised live on ABC at 8 p.m. ET September 4 (see "Britney Spears To Perform Two New Songs On NFL TV Special").

?Jennifer Vineyard, with additional reporting by SuChin Pak

This report is provided by MTV News[/q]

i am convienced she will pose for playboy soon. she is just that type of chick.

Last edited:
Actually, it's kinda funny you brought that up... I have a friend that works in Silicon Valley who met up with a adult magazine photographer who told him she has already entered into discussions to pose at some point... give it another 5 years.

Following Madonna's example, eh? Interesting choice, considering Madonna's latest album completely flopped.

I don't know if any of you caught her interview on CNN.. but I now firmly believe this girl has no brain between her ears and is made of plastic and silly putty. I used to think she was pretty cute in an entertaining way.. but grrr. I really hope some of you catch this interview.

There are some excerpts at cnn.com right now I believe. :tsk:

"Honestly, I think we should just trust our president in every decision that he makes and we should just support that," she said.

Wow, that's like, so profound.

like the world needs more crap music....it's hard enough avoiding the shit that's already out there

HelloAngel said:
I don't know if any of you caught her interview on CNN.. but I now firmly believe this girl has no brain between her ears and is made of plastic and silly putty. I used to think she was pretty cute in an entertaining way.. but grrr. I really hope some of you catch this interview.

There are some excerpts at cnn.com right now I believe. :tsk:

I read some of it on cnn.com this morning. :down:

Britney and my dog should hang out. They've got about the same IQ, only my dog is a better singer.

HeartlandGirl said:

Britney and my dog should hang out. They've got about the same IQ, only my dog is a better singer.

SNAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HeartlandGirl said:

I read some of it on cnn.com this morning. :down:

attack dog? :hyper:

HeartlandGirl said:
Britney and my dog should hang out. They've got about the same IQ,

There's no need to insult your dog like this.

I know for a fact mine's smarter than her, every day of the week and twice on sunday.

:yes:

We know Britney can't sing, but....

Can't she at least learn to lip-sync????? If anyone saw the NFL performance you know what I'm talking about. And that new song. OH - MY - GOD!!! I really was keeping an open mind, but it was so horrible. the crowd stood motionless, listening and watching in disbelief. It was awesome. :) :yes:

That's really sad. :tsk: These people get paid so much damn money and they can't even bring themselves to sing live anymore. :sigh:

That's one thing I can respect about Christina Aguilera--she at least sings live, even if she's also dancing.

:laugh: i swear my mom and i were appauled at the lack of enthusiam the crowd was showing for her last night. in fact we were embarrased for her. i did notice the lip sync and made a comment about how bad it was. :tsk:

ain't nothng but hoochie mama.

our stupid local paper made it seem as if she kicked off the NFL season and had the mall hoping, when in fact it was Aerosmith who got the crowd going. i swear you could hear crickets last night when she performed.

if that was her new look and sound P.Diddy needs to give up his producing career.

is it possible that america will one day realize this music that is fed to them plain sucks?

awful. terrible. dreadful. painful. abominable. atrocious.

What an awesome setting that could have been for someone with one iota of talent.

Can you do the same with the three thread cluttering up Lemonade Stand? :hyper: :wink:

Anyway.....back to Britney.

Much like what Digi said....I think the public has spoken! The reaction to Justin Timberlake as SARSapalooza and the reaction (or lack of one) to Britney during her lip serivce Thursday night should be a sign that their time is up!

i love these threads.

i'd give anything to be in her shoes. talented or not.
what is she, twenty one and a multi-millionaire?

oh yeah, count me out. :|

agreed bsg84.

she may lack brains, may not be able to sing, perform live or any of that...but what's even sadder is she has made millions doing what we all mock.

says something about the buying public, no?

zonelistener said:
Can you do the same with the three thread cluttering up Lemonade Stand? :hyper: :wink:

:mad:

:shifty: actually only two of them are the same. and do you REALLY want to make randooom any longer than it already is?

Back
Top Bottom