MERGED--> ALL New Radiohead/Hail To The Thief Discussion Goes Here - Page 75 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2003, 01:30 PM   #1111
New Yorker

Local Time: 03:24 PM
coolio

Old 07-15-2003, 08:18 PM   #1112
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 04:24 PM
Guess what came in the post today?

Now if I can ever stop listening to Black Market Music, I'll give it a go.

Old 07-15-2003, 09:21 PM   #1113
New Yorker

OK, my search is FINALLY over! I've been scouring Soulseek for about a month and just last night found a soundboard recording of Radiohead's "2$ Bill" performance for Mtv. I actually yelled with glee when I came across it. It sounds so good. Dead good.
Old 07-16-2003, 12:41 AM   #1114
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 05:24 PM
Congratulations Ma Bell, tell us all what you think after ya listen.

Heads, it would be nice if you'd give me your soulseek username so I could download it from you....
Old 07-16-2003, 12:53 AM   #1115
The Original
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 06:24 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by HeadsOnSticks
OK, my search is FINALLY over! I've been scouring Soulseek for about a month and just last night found a soundboard recording of Radiohead's "2$ Bill" performance for Mtv. I actually yelled with glee when I came across it. It sounds so good. Dead good.

I almost yelled with glee when I read that. I will have to reserve yelling until I can possibly find it though.

[edit]: P.S. You can see No Surprises, Punch-Up, and 2+2=5 live from the Beacon theatre show on http://launch.yahoo.com/destinations...ons/radiohead/

radiohead is their artist of the month.
Old 07-16-2003, 11:17 AM   #1116
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

Heads, it would be nice if you'd give me your soulseek username so I could download it from you....
`tis the same laddie. HeadsOnSticks. Gimmie yours and I'll add it to my buddy list.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:31 PM   #1117
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by HeadsOnSticks

`tis the same laddie. HeadsOnSticks. Gimmie yours and I'll add it to my buddy list.
U2AFI
Old 07-16-2003, 04:47 PM   #1118
New Yorker

Quote:

U2AFI
cool.

ps: LOVE LOVE LOVE your new sig/avatar!

Mr.Bolton...
Old 07-16-2003, 11:49 PM   #1119
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Well???
Old 07-17-2003, 12:04 AM   #1120
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Okay. I made it through the album once this evening. Like Kid A and HTTT, there was only so much my brain could understand and process on the first listen, and I left my headphones at work, and so had to listen to it rather quietly on a giant stereo. But here are my first impressions:

I was impressed with Sardines and Pyramid Song. I was especially interested in PS, as the Radiohead quiz we all took awhile back said that this was "my" song. My favorite song was Pulk/Pull Revolving Doors. Something about the beat was just so . That song I listened to twice. Whose Army, I Might Be Wrong, and Knives Out were all interesting, but I need to hear them some more. I really liked the version of Morning Bell. It wasn't better or worse, just different. I remember thinking Dollars and Cents was pretty damn cool, but Hunting Bears kind of freaked me out. As did Spinning Plates, although as the song went on, I really started to dig it. Glasshouse was excellent, I thought--another song that got better as it went on.

So that's my raw first impressions after one listen that was less than ideal. Plus my brain is fried from a rough day at work, so I'm surprised I'm even coherent at this point. Anyway, I think I'll really like it once I give it a few more spins. Then maybe I'll have some more comments.

Actually, it would be pretty cool to print out what I just wrote. Then a year or two from now, when I know the album like the back of my hand, I could go back and see what my initial feelings were.

And now I'm babbling. So I guess that's it!
Old 07-17-2003, 12:07 AM   #1121
Blue Meth Addict

You initial impressions are about exactly the same as my 2 year old impressions of the album

You should check out the live version of 'Like Spinning Plates' from the 'I Might Be Wrong' Live EP sometime. It's fantastic, but it also made me appreciate the cd version more too.
Old 07-17-2003, 12:28 AM   #1122
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
You initial impressions are about exactly the same as my 2 year old impressions of the album
You must be joking! I wasn't sure I'd gotten a feel for the album at all! Either way, I'll probably be listening to it all weekend.

And I love your new sig and avatar! I was just talking about that movie tonight, because I had a dream last night that my boss stole my calculator, just like that one guy's boss stole his stapler. I was powerless to get it back!
Old 07-17-2003, 01:00 AM   #1123
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by HeartlandGirl

You must be joking! I wasn't sure I'd gotten a feel for the album at all! Either way, I'll probably be listening to it all weekend.

And I love your new sig and avatar! I was just talking about that movie tonight, because I had a dream last night that my boss stole my calculator, just like that one guy's boss stole his stapler. I was powerless to get it back!
Haha, nice. I almost used a picture of a stapler as my avatar.
Old 07-17-2003, 08:28 AM   #1124
Refugee

Local Time: 12:24 AM
ah just to give an update. i must confess: hail to the thief is my favorite radiohead album of all times and one of my favorites period. yes, theyve done it again. each album they are getting better, therefore my list is:

1. httt
2. amnesiac
3. kid a
4. ok computer
5. the bends
6. pablo honey.

really, i can only imagine what they will sound like when theyre releasing their next album and everything thereafter. such a fantastic band.
Old 07-18-2003, 11:15 AM   #1125
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Flaming Friar Sr
ah just to give an update. i must confess: hail to the thief is my favorite radiohead album of all times and one of my favorites period.

Mine, too. I still can't stop listening to it. I totally love it love it love it.

After a month and a half, these 3 emerge as the songs I keep playing over and over, or like when I get in my car I have to hear them right away--in order:

1. Where I End and You Begin
2. 2+2=5
3. Sit Down. Stand Up.

Tags
hail to the thief, radiohead