MERGED--> ALL New Radiohead/Hail To The Thief Discussion Goes Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
EEK! I can't believe this is happening!
I was able to download the whole album except for the first track on the site that Michael linked us to. (Thanks Michael!)

http://homepage.mac.com/adelaney/

And then I was finally able to get 2+2=5 on this site:

http://www.idioteque.it/multimedia/audio.htm

I was planning to wait till June but I can't cause it's too exciting. I am burning an mp3 now and then I will listen to it on the big speakers....

Hey Heather! I'm glad you were able to get the songs! This is a remarkable album. The production is so smooth. Radiohead has really matured, hey? They've become this really refined art rock band. Thom's voice is so rich! I will always yearn for songs like 'Thinking About You' and 'Fake Plastic Trees', but I realize they are now in another stratosphere of music. So how are you Heather?

i caved. i've dl'ed the first five songs from that mac page.

holy god this is so good i can barely take it. :crazy:

seriously i cannot take it.

i have been DYING to hear the studio sail to the moon. i was certainly not disappointed. GOD I FREAKING LOVE THAT SONG!

and backdrifts.... :faint: :heart:

i am in love.

Last edited:
Hey Michael! I'm doing well. I'm in music heaven right now because I just got back from the cd store where I bought several new cds and then I came home and found out I could download this new radiohead as well. I'm only on sail to the moon right now and I'm letting it all wash over me but I'm loving it already.

Hope you are doing well. I will have to send you an email sometime soon.

My favorites as of right now are 2+2=5, Where You End and I Begin, and There There .

All of them are great though. Very solid album.

after listening to the whole album do you believe this is the final mastered version that will be released in june?

Yeah, it's the finalized version in my opinion.

Dont worry, it will sound a lot more clear on CD

U2ME3, yes, I think this is the mastered version. It sounds just too good for it not to be. If it isn't the final version, wow, is all I have to say.

Calluna! Hi again, glad you're in music heaven. You'll love the rest of it. It would be great to get an e-mail from you some time soon!

*anxiously awaits e-mail from Calluna*

I totally agree.

Every song is great.

The mp3's could be a little better quality, they arent the best. That's kind of good though because it makes it more exciting to finally get the cd and hear them in digital.

the whole album is really good. i wasn't going to download it...but i did...damn...

favourites so far are 2+2=5 and sail to the moon

A Punchup at a Wedding and A Wolf at the Door have made it onto my favorites list.

That makes my present favs: 2+2=5, Where I End and You Begin, There There, A Punchup at a Wedding, and A Wolf At The Door.

Will probably be on my favorites list by tomorrow: all the other songs on the album.

u2popmofo.. you're favourite list is basically mine though i would definately include backdrifts

Skeek, I have a feeling that they're all gonna be my favorites before the night ends.

listening to this with earphones is bliss.

im such a gomer, i hooked up my computer to the big stereo and played a bunch of tracks at full tilt on there (there :sexywink: ) .

this is so good.

i cant believe how they nailed 2+2=5.

yeah headphones or really good speakers are definately essential on this one

haha! guess what guys? this is 99 per cent NOT LIKELY TO BE THE FINAL MIX OF THE SONGS!

ok, i didnt need to capitalize that.

but still, check this out from a poster over at atease...

----

good news for all those saying it is not mastered:

editor from cmj: new music magazine on cmj message board(he has the whole album, mastered then d/led the tracks of the sources we've been getting them from):

"got this(Hail to the Thief) in the office on friday afternoon (i think it's mastered; usually an unmastered advance will say so on it, and this one doesn't). been listening to it all weekend. as expected, it's really good. i'll have to listen to it more before saying where it'll fall in my radiohead preference order."

THEN: "oh guys also, i just downloaded the version that's on the net. please do not judge the record by that; those are different mixes, and unmastered mixes, than what appears on the final version of the record. the record sounds a LOT better than that. guess studio security ain't quite what it should be these days. "

Back
Top Bottom