MERGED--> ALL New Radiohead/Hail To The Thief Discussion Goes Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's over.
But it will endure in my thoughts forever.
Just like that time I saw that fat naked guy in a thong.

:down:

OK, so finally got word on the sale dates for Hollywood Bowl & Coors Ampitheater. July 19th. But in my email from w.a.s.t.e they say they'll sell tix on the 21st. What gives?

Nope. I live in So Cal. I was born in Montreal and spent a good portion of my life shuttling back and forth between there & San Diego.

So, I started spinning Kid A again after inundating myself with HTTT. Goddamn I love that album. Nothing quite matches the feeling I get when I hear the opening of EIIRP. It still gives me the chills. What a truly exceptional record.

Ahhhh! Goodbye sticky thread, how sad.

Anywayz, I listened to Hail to the Thief a couple times while I was home and really realized that I'm a pretty big fan of that album. Recently, I'm a big fan of 'I Will', 'Punchup', 'Myxomatosis', and 'Go To Sleep'. :up:

I also listened to Ok Computer and realized that album is a modern classic. :up:

I also listened to my parents easy listening radio stations while driving with them and realized that there is a lot of music out there that isnt even remotely entertaining or interesting to listen too. :down:

Last edited:
HOS, you're absolutely right about Kid A. I've listened to it almost as much as HTTT lately. Pure genius. I don't think Radiohead will ever be able to top How to Disappear Completely in my heart. That song is in my top ten of all time.

HeartlandGirl said:
How to Disappear Completely in my heart. That song is in my top ten of all time.

:up:
That was the only song I liked off of Kid A on my first one or two listens to the album. Definitly a great song, it sounds fantastic live too.

I'm not sure why, but I'm a huge fan of the b-side, 'Killer Cars'. Love the acoustic version. Been listening to it a lot lately.

And I gotta confess. I still don't have Amnesiac. Somebody smack me, please.

I've never heard HTDC live. But if you say it's good, I must hear it.

Thanks for the link, mofo. I just went and checked it out... whoa. :sick: I'm very jealous of everyone who's going to see them on the upcoming tour.

And everyone will be proud to know that I have finally ordered Amnesiac. I know, I know. It's about time! :reject: :D

HeartlandGirl said:
And everyone will be proud to know that I have finally ordered Amnesiac. I know, I know. It's about time! :reject: :D

WOO HOO!!! You've listened to it before, right?

Uh, no. :reject: Not even one song!

Am I gonna love it?

In other related Radiohead news, the girl at the snowcone place was listening to Where I End and You Begin today. I must frequent her snowcone stand more often!

Really? That's cool then, you'll be able to hear it for the first time. It's great, I listened to it nearly daily the summer it came out.

I havent had a snowcone in quite some time, I'll have to fix that problem...

My snowcone today was half candy apple and half cinnamon... :drool: You must eat at least one per summer, as far as I'm concerned.

I'll let you know when Amnesiac arrives, if you're up for discussing it.

HeartlandGirl said:
My snowcone today was half candy apple and half cinnamon... :drool: You must eat at least one per summer, as far as I'm concerned.

I'll let you know when Amnesiac arrives, if you're up for discussing it.

Sounds good to me! (both the snowcone and discussing Amnesiac)

mmmm. snowcones & amnesiac. makes me miss summer vacation. :drool:

I finally found a great soundboard recording of Radiohead's Glastonbury set from this year. The Gloaming REALLY is better live. Different, but still intensely moving. I'm still working on a RH mix for RSOSF & U2popmofo. Sorry about the delay. I suck.Sorry.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom