MERGED--> ALL New Radiohead/Hail To The Thief Discussion Goes Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
why all the italy dates :mad: :mad:

why not stay any longer in europe :mad: :mad:

will they :censored: :censored: :censored: get back to europe?????? :scream: :scream: :scream:

Last edited:
So what do you all think of 'Pablo Honey'??

I used to not like it much at all. I listened to it again today for the first time in over a year and it was so much better than I remembered it being. I actually quite enjoyed it today.

What do you all think? How does it compare to the rest of their work?

I personally think I disliked it when I first got it because I'd read the band themselves badmouth it so much. I had more than a little pre-judgement on it. I actually think it's a pretty decent first effort now. Horribly ugly album cover/art though.

Last edited:
I really like it

all the songs are very well constructed and catchy. A solid debut if you ask me.

Blow Out is the bridge to the Bends and a glimpse of what radiohead would move on to

well ive never listened to it that much. i have it for years but it never really grabbed me. about 3 or 4 months ago i was listening to it in my car (after not having heard most of it for about two years i think). i was hoping for the "ah in retrospective it is a great album" experience. nah not really. its not bad and has a few great songs on it. its just thereve been loads of better debut albums. by far their weakest effort.

DiGi said:
I am debating if i should also try and go to Philly or Cleveland in addition to DC/Bmore

Later today - I need to review all of the dates and really figure out what city I am going to - and it may be "in addition to" Apline Valley (the Chicago/Milwaukee show). Cleveland might be nice...or Philly. :hmm:

Damn. Tough decisions. Ugh.

Any opinions on that cool opening band fron Duluth, Minn.?

Last edited:
pssst...

zonelistener said:

Later today - I need to review all of the dates and really figure out what city I am going to - and it may be "in addition to" Apline Valley (the Chicago/Milwaukee show). Cleveland might be nice...or Philly. :hmm:

redrocksredrocksredrocks

I have to say I'm annoyed by the last-minute ticket info. Now I've got two Red Rocks shows to buy tickets for supposedly this Saturday (while I'm on the road to a RHCP show) and neither show is listed yet on ticketmaster or the Red Rocks calendar. :mad:

I have never seen Low perform together. They have a number of "other projects." They put together this compliation of Duluth bands doing Dylan songs (Dylan being from Duluth). They all cam to the Twin Cities and did a live performance of the songs, as well as other original songs of thier own. The Low side project group was GREAT. Loved thier style. My cousin, who is good friends with Low and has toured with them (he also plays on the Dylan tribute), has been telling me about them for YEARS. I left him a message yesterday to see if he is going to check out some of the shows. :hyper:

zonelistener said:

Go to the Alpine Valley show!! By some miracle of scheduling, I'll actually be able to go to that one, as will Mirrorball Girl. :)

it's up on ticketmaster

MOLSON AMPHITHEATRE
TORONTO, ON
Saturday, August 16, 2003 7:00PM
$45.00 - $55.00
Charge by Phone: 416-870-8000

I wish I could go!!

I'm gonna try to buy tickets but I don't know if I will be able to afford it

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

Go to the Alpine Valley show!! By some miracle of scheduling, I'll actually be able to go to that one, as will Mirrorball Girl. :)

SOLD! Shall we all "go in on tickets?" I haven't been to that venue (but I suspect that you guys, being natives of the fine state, have been there). I hear good things about it.

COOL! :D

Low is performing for the Europe dates just so you all know. Steve Malkmus and the Jicks are the North America dates opening band.

zonelistener said:
I read Low for some of the US dates too, I thought. :(

I would love it if they were! I just bought "Things We Lost in the Fire" 2 weeks ago. The husband and wife are of the same religious affiliation as me also.

Last edited:
the raindrops
the raindrops
the raindrops
the raindrops
the raindrops
the raindrops
the raindrops

:help: stuck in my head
:crazy:

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:
and out of curiousity, which affiliation is that?

Hint: the world's oldest profession.

:sexywink: :sexywink:

nudge, nudge.

Know what I mean?
Know what I mean?

zonelistener said:

SOLD! Shall we all "go in on tickets?" I haven't been to that venue (but I suspect that you guys, being natives of the fine state, have been there). I hear good things about it.

COOL! :D

YAY!! :happy:

And mayhap we shall go in on tickets. MG and I are actually trying to figure out how we're going to buy tickets when they go onsale while we're in freakin Pittsburgh. :huh:

And it is indeed a fine venue, although I think I only went there once when I was 8 or so. Not saying who I was there to see. Yeaaah... :uhoh: :silent:

Oh, that's alright...a lot of eight year olds saw NKOTB

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

YAY!! :happy:

And mayhap we shall go in on tickets. MG and I are actually trying to figure out how we're going to buy tickets when they go onsale while we're in freakin Pittsburgh. :huh:

And it is indeed a fine venue, although I think I only went there once when I was 8 or so. Not saying who I was there to see. Yeaaah... :uhoh: :silent:

Are tickets on sale Saturday????

We might need multiple forces on the phone...but I am willing to take a stab. It is all automated now...so seats should not be to difficult if we can get through.

When do you guys leave for Cleveland?

I'll have to call you.

Last edited:
I've scouted out directions to the library in Pittsburgh. It opens at 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays. :D The tickets shall be ours!

Unless we think the phone would be more effective??

Mirrorball Girl said:
I've scouted out directions to the library in Pittsburgh. It opens at 9:00 a.m. on Saturdays. :D The tickets shall be ours!

Unless we think the phone would be more effective??

BOTH!

I plan to be at work...multiple lines if needed. I will hunt down some Ticketmaster numbers!

Back
Top Bottom