MERGED--> ALL New Radiohead/Hail To The Thief Discussion Goes Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
not really, id just need to keep myself interested with something. :wink:

alright, enough with the sexy in this thread. its the best thread in this entire forum, and i dont want to ruin it with mockery.

Actually, even Denver will be warm by August. Dont listen to MVD, she's the devil, I have photographic evidence.

SO... I just found out RH is coming to San Diego on Sept. 28th. I'm still in shock, I can't belive they're gonna be playing here! So, I'm getting tix for both nights at The Hollywood Bowl and the best possible seats I can for San Diego Coors Ampitheater show. Wow, I'm still in shock. I've seen em 3 times but have always had to drive to LA or Santa Barbara to catch the shows.

Last edited:
Well it's about a fourteen hour drive at least to Vancouver from where I'm at... that is if I'm driving.

It would be very nice to fly there. So, you must sponsor my trip to see Radiohead. Would you deprive me of the privilege?

Fine then. Screw You.

Otherwise, send me money.

No? Then Screw You deux.

Woodlands, TX.

There's good golfing there.

Although, odd choice for a concert venue.

Do it Zoney.

It's near the imaginary city of "Houston".

Yes.

Yes.

Hell Yes.

Hey Zoney, Who's Your Caddy?

:sexywink:

cujo said:
Well it's about a fourteen hour drive at least to Vancouver from where I'm at... that is if I'm driving.

It would be very nice to fly there. So, you must sponsor my trip to see Radiohead. Would you deprive me of the privilege?

Fine then. Screw You.

Otherwise, send me money.

No? Then Screw You deux.

Come to Utah instead, El Douchebage.

and this,........

Radiohead Announce North American Tour Dates, Tell Press That Hail May Be Their Last Album
East Troy, Wisconsin tourism industry expected to reach near-WE Fest proportions

Marnie Christenson reports:
There's nothing like waiting until the last minute. After a month or so of rumors, Radiohead have finally announced the dates for their U.S. tour, and are giving you only a measly week to scrape together the cash for what will surely be a wallet-denting but entirely worthwhile experience. Tickets for all U.S. and Canadian dates go on sale June 21st, with the exception of the Seattle show whose tix will be offered on the 28th. The list of North American dates looks small as of right now, but according to a post on Billboard.com, the band is planning a second leg of American dates in late September, with Supergrass rumored to be opening.

And while we're on the subject of openers, note that Low is filling a seven-date opening slot in Europe, complete with bassist Zak Sally in tow. Low recently announced that Sally would be leaving the band, but have since made nice, posting this statement on their website: "We have all had to work through some personal things recently (which took longer than we would have liked...). After sorting it out, the good news is that Zak is remaining in the band." At least until he gets the chance to meet Thom Yorke! So, once more, and with feeling, we present all of the formally announced Radiohead tour dates. Give me an R:

Europe and Japan
06-20 Neuhausen ob Eck, Germany - Southside Festival
06-22 Schee?el, Germany - Hurricane Festival
06-26 Werchter, Belgium - Rock Werchter Festival
06-28 Pilton, UK - Glastonbury Festival
07-04 Belfort, France - Les Eurockennes Festival
07-05 Montreux, Switzerland - Stravinski Auditorium
07-07 Bergamo, Italy - Il Lazzaretto - #
07-08 Florence, Italy - Piazza Michelangelo #
07-09 Florence, Italy - Piazza Michelangelo #
07-11 Ferrara, Italy - Piazza Castello #
07-12 Ferrara, Italy - Piazza Castello #
07-14 Nimes, France - Nimes Arena #
07-16 Madrid, Spain - Las Ventas Bullring #
08-02 Osaka, Japan - WTC Open Air Stadium
08-03 Tokyo, Japan - Chiba Marine Stadium

# - w/ Low

US and Canada
08-13 Boston, MA - Tweeter Center $
08-15 Montreal, QUE - Parc Jean Drapeau $
08-16 Toronto, ONT - Molson Amphitheatre $
08-18 Philadelphia, PA - Tweeter Center $
08-20 Columbia, MD - Merriweather Post Pavilion $
08-21 Cuyahoga Falls, OH - Blossom Music Center $
08-23 East Troy, WI - Alpine Valley Music Theatre $
08-24 St. Louis, MO - UMB Bank Pavilion $
08-26 Denver, CO - Red Rocks $
08-28 Salt Lake City, UT - USANA Amphitheatre $
08-30 Vancouver, BC - Thunderbird Stadium $
08-31 Seattle, WA - White River Amphitheatre $

$ - w/ Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks

UK and Ireland
11-22 Manchester, UK - Manchester Evening News Arena
11-23 Newcastle, UK - Newcastle Telewest Arena
11-24 Cardiff, UK - Cardiff International Arena
11-26 London, UK - London Earls Court
11-29 Nottingham, UK - Nottingham Arena
11-30 Glasgow, UK - Glasgow SECC
12-01 Aberdeen, UK - Aberdeen AECC
12-03 Dublin, IRE - The Point Theatre

Meanwhile, frontman Thom Yorke has told Xfm that the newly released Hail to the Thief could be Radiohead's last album, citing the difficulties and pressure surrounding making a cohesive statement. He says the band would like to resort, instead, to releasing only EPs from here on out: "When you're finishing a record, you have to confront the idea of what it's called, and there's no getting away from the fact that people are gonna be reacting in such a way... I think next I'd love to just do EPs 'cause I've had enough of this whole album thing and that sort of level of pressure and scrutiny and the way that it works in the music business."

In other miscellaneous Radiohead news, Capitol Canada will release the DVD of 7 Television Commercials on August 5th. Until now, this collection of videos was only available on VHS. No word yet on a U.S. release, but you can safely assume there will be, as no self-respecting record company would pass up a perfectly good chance to sell some more shit.

And on June 17th, MTV will broadcast Radiohead's June 5th show, recorded at New York's Beacon Theatre, in edited form on its MTV2 affiliate. Meanwhile, the network has "leaked" two clips from the appearance-- There, There and 2+2=5-- and posted them to their entirely unnavigable website. An even better video selection is available for download on MTV UK, where they've posted nine clips from the recent London gig at Shepherds Bush Empire

Yes, I've heard that before. No more albums, only EP's eh? An interesting idea.

I find it ironic that "My Iron Lung" started playing on the radio while I was reading this thread.\

So what's this '7 Television Commercials' thing?

Last edited:
u2popmofo said:
.\

So what's this '7 Television Commercials' thing?

Viiiideeeeyoooos. Street Spirit, Paranoid, Karma etc... VERY choice indeedy. Your wallet will not like you.

Back
Top Bottom