MERGED--> ALL New Radiohead/Hail To The Thief Discussion Goes Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would have to say that Scatterbrain is my least favorite song on the album. I dont hate it or anything, it just doesnt suit my fancy as well as everything else on the album.

I enjoy Sucking the Young Blood though. I want the sweet meats.

Zoomerang96 said:
scatterbrain is nothing more than filler, and that is my opinion until i hear something more to it.

we suck young blood just doesnt do it for me.

im not slagging the album, im just saying those two songs are quite poor compare to the rest.

Fair enuff. :applaud:

I'd hate to think of this as Radiohead's All That You Can't Leave Behind.

My observation of the day is that while the Radiohead of 2003 far exceeds the U2 of 2003, they wouldn't come close to the U2 of 1993. Also, if we must make analogies, I think Radiohead are moving in reverse. OK Computer was their Joshua Tree, Kid A/Amnesiac were their Unforgettable Fire. So in a sense this is their War. Perhaps. God knows it's somebody's war.

Zedbetty said:

My observation of the day is that while the Radiohead of 2003 far exceeds the U2 of 2003, they wouldn't come close to the U2 of 1993. Also, if we must make analogies, I think Radiohead are moving in reverse. OK Computer was their Joshua Tree, Kid A/Amnesiac were their Unforgettable Fire. So in a sense this is their War. Perhaps. God knows it's somebody's war.

interesting.

Zedbetty said:

:|

Low will be opening for Radiohead on their July shows!!!

Low's a pretty cool band, I like them. Slowcore at it's best.

Zedbetty said:

I agree that the radiohead of 2003 is beat by the u2 of 1993.
that's an interesting point.

after thinking about it, i think u2 was more experimental and daring at that point than radiohead ever have been. when you think about it, u2 was incredibly massive, and to go out and make a zooropa and a passengers is incredibly brave.

JOFO said:

I agree that the radiohead of 2003 is beat by the u2 of 1993.
that's an interesting point.

How can u even compare thse 3 bands?!~ I'm sorry I absolutley ADORE U2 but HTTF kicks ATYCLB's ASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!!!!!!!!!! They're not even in the same CATEGORY! For fuck's sake!!!!!!!!!

Sorrry. Pls excuse my mini rant. I absolotly LOVe Us. They make me cry. Real tears. And I ,ove MK. And paxetaurora. and U2PopMofo, an Giiiiiickies, and I Was Bored, nd Bluey aka BlueMacphisto, and AdamsWildHoney snd can't forget StoriesForBoys. Hands down she has the BEST handle. U mhave to agree w/me. I'm not crazy, I'm just a little undone.
Yertle the Tertle....you rtemind me so much of my brother it makes me cry. Know how awesome u s

for those with stamina, VCR's and a residence in Australia

radiohead are being played on RAGE tomorrow night

it seems Blur and Badly Drawn Boy have more songs on the list, but still and all, it's about as good as it gets down here..for free.

11:57 pm: radiohead - no surprises ( is that a new one by any chance?)
4.10 am - 4.30 am: Only 4 more radiohead songs , unfortunately not fake plastic trees. I remember the very first time I heard "creep" :)

fyi oi oi oi..check it out

ty :)
I had OK computer in my hand one day, a while ago now. It was in a record store bargain bin..shoulda oughtta boughtta

cass said:
ty :)
I had OK computer in my hand one day, a while ago now. It was in a record store bargain bin..shoulda oughtta boughtta

That's one great album!!! It's the album that made me a Radiohead fan.

Just listening to the Airbag/How's Am I Driving EP right now, and I have to tell you all how much I enjoy the b-sides on this puppy.

Good stuff :up:

ya thats a great set of songs, i agree. a reminder is one of the nicest songs one will ever get to hear. i love the opening and the very ending, its beautiful.

and if you wanna see clips of the there there video, which will be debuted on mtv2 on friday, go to www.radiohead.tv and sign up. its easy.

dont say i never do anything for you...:wink:

Zoomerboomeryang96, I have to say that our new Sig/avatar/location combos are some of the best ever created by humans.

you know, i was thinking the exact same thing. it also doesnt hurt that we both are extremely good looking people. :wink:

Lyrics

While driving in the car today I was listening to one of the tracks on the new album. I had the window open and it was quite breezy. I was halfway trying to listen to the lyriics. It sounded like he was singing "I don't know why I'm scared of haggis." :lmao:

Okay bye.

u2popmofo said:
Zoomerboomeryang96, I have to say that our new Sig/avatar/location combos are some of the best ever created by humans.

Negative on that one ghost-rider.
All hail to HOS.

:lmao:

HeadsOnSticks said:

Negative on that one ghost-rider.
All hail to HOS.

:lmao:

hehehe, how was sushi the other night? Expensive? It usually is.

Speaking of Ghost Rider, they're making a movie of that. Senior Nick Cage is the Ghost Rider.

Have you called the Hail to the Thief hotline? It's somewhat humorous (see atease.com).

cover_030503_L.jpg

u2popmofo said:

hehehe, how was sushi the other night? Expensive? It usually is.

Speaking of Ghost Rider, they're making a movie of that. Senior Nick Cage is the Ghost Rider.

Have you called the Hail to the Thief hotline? It's somewhat humorous (see atease.com).

Yes I did. Good thing it was toll free.

Back
Top Bottom