MERGED--> ALL New Radiohead/Hail To The Thief Discussion Goes Here - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-31-2003, 02:16 AM   #136
Kid A

Local Time: 02:15 PM
i'll tell you i was never crazy about "high and dry" but i got a live version of it from way back when and the electric guitars are a shit storm, great version of the song

Old 03-31-2003, 02:22 AM   #137
Purgatory

Local Time: 01:15 PM
yes, and as for that song, i just heard it on the radio today.

theyve really been picking up on radiohead in the past two months, i guess in anticipation of the new album. the same station that plays nonstop nickelback and ***** has been playing a fair share of just, optimistic, creep, and now high and dry.

good sign, i suppose.

Old 03-31-2003, 05:19 AM   #138
Blue Meth Addict

Hmmm, whether or not the recording we have is the final version or not, I dont know.

I need better proof than some guy posting in atease
Old 03-31-2003, 05:26 AM   #139
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 03:15 PM
is 2+2=5 supposed to end that abruptly?
Old 03-31-2003, 05:30 AM   #140
Blue Meth Addict

I do believe so IWB
Old 03-31-2003, 05:38 AM   #141
Blue Meth Addict

Also from atease:

Hey Jonny, what's up? "The album, apparently"

Jonny was on the official message board this morning. Jonny commented on the album leak: "Colin called and said it was up, so thought I'd check I feel bemused, though, not annoyed....I'm glad people like it, most of all. It's a *little* earlier than we'd expected, but there it is. There there it is ! hahahahaha (..) Surprised, and still not used to it happening, even after all these years..... I worry more that stuff we do *won't* get released for whatever obscure reason, and I hate the 3 month gap between finish and release. But not enough to leak it myself !

When asked if he was downloading his own music. Jonny said:"'It is isn't it ? mean, I *think* it's partly mine, but who knows ? I just wanted to check it was really us." Jonny couldn't say if they were the mastered tracks: "Don't know yet - I've only downloaded I Will and it's hard to tell. I guess we'll find out today. Well it sounds OK on my iBook speakers...Haven't tried it on headphones... Are there any cross fades ?"

When someone suggested it was Ed who leaked it, Jonny commented: "that explains the shades, then. And the frequesnt 'Holidays'. Hmmmm."

Jonny said he wasn't angry about about the leak: Well, you know...... hence the title, really. Not sure where all that George Bush stuff came from.... Heard it, have we? (..) Well Hail is no insult, really...We just like the contradictory phrases like 2+2=5 and Hail to the Thief and all that. We're not angry really....shame it's not a package with the artwork and all, but there you go.

I've got to go. I fell like I'm fishing for praise here...glad you like it. I hope the title makes sense now you've heard the music. I'd better go. Love to all thieves amongst you, see you on tour (more dates coming, oh yes, even maybe in HOMER's new home.....)".

He sure acted like he thought it was the finished version. We'll see I guess.
Old 03-31-2003, 06:41 AM   #142
Blue Meth Addict

More atease :
Stanley Donwood on the album leak.

Besides Jonny, Stanley Donwood was on the board as well today. First message: "well im going on fucking strike". Later he said: "oh well its not as if there arent worse things to worry about i mean do you remember that old 'home taping is killing music' thing in the 80s then record companies introduced cds and stopped making vinyl so they made a rod for their own backs there
i really would like to know who leaked it though cos the fucking promos arent even out yet
ha ha ha hail to the thief"

No promos out yet? How did "atease forum poster guy" have a copy for review? hmmmm...
Old 03-31-2003, 06:57 AM   #143
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 03:15 AM
Jonny made a good point there. Those who burn Radiohead albums and not buy the originals are missing out on loads of cool artwork. I can't wait to see the booklet and other hidden knick-knacks when the album comes out.
Old 03-31-2003, 07:04 AM   #144
Blue Crack Supplier

i only downloaded it cos i can't wait until the album comes out to hear it. when the album's out everything gets deleted from the harddrive and frees up space for the next band...

*hoping that the campus radio station gets extra copies*
Old 03-31-2003, 07:06 AM   #145
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
Jonny made a good point there. Those who burn Radiohead albums and not buy the originals are missing out on loads of cool artwork. I can't wait to see the booklet and other hidden knick-knacks when the album comes out.
Not to mention the fact that sound quality on cd's is SO much better than mp3's.

I had the new AFI album on mp3 for about a month or 2 before it came out, and I could hear so much more on it when I finally got the cd. Cant wait for the real album, Radiohead makes the type of music that really requires the highest quality audio experience.
Old 03-31-2003, 07:16 AM   #146
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

Not to mention the fact that sound quality on cd's is SO much better than mp3's.

I had the new AFI album on mp3 for about a month or 2 before it came out, and I could hear so much more on it when I finally got the cd. Cant wait for the real album, Radiohead makes the type of music that really requires the highest quality audio experience.

i agreee. i did notice that too when i bought the afi album.

radiohead always has some funky album artwork...what was that thing that was hiding behind the cd holding part of the kid a jewel case, anyway?
Old 03-31-2003, 07:21 AM   #147
ONE
love, blood, life

Consumer strategy?

Anyone noticed the words 'street spirit' and 'bulletproof' in the OK Computer booklet?
Old 03-31-2003, 07:46 AM   #148
ONE
love, blood, life

Crikey, I'm becoming bored and elitist at the same time. I went to the Linkin Park forum and there was a guy with the username 'Billy Corgan' listening to No Surprises with an Avril Lavigne pic as his signature.

I feel so bad about saying this, but that's the biggest pile of crap I've ever read. I'd love to say 'bandwagoner', but I'm feeling like a right tosser.
Old 03-31-2003, 10:04 AM   #149
New Yorker

So I finally download this. I had the live bit from last summer. but this is so much better. I can't wait till this comes out.

I am going to see these guys this summer. I do not care how far I have to travel to see them perform.
Old 03-31-2003, 11:15 AM   #150
Purgatory

i believe theyre definately playing at a new york festivval this year, but as for further n.a. info, i dont have it.

Tags
hail to the thief, radiohead