MERGED-->All MySpace discussion - Page 26 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-21-2006, 12:36 PM   #376
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 04:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Where'sTheLove


mine too .. explorer is always locking up on me
Firefox
__________________

__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 05-21-2006, 02:21 PM   #377
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room
Does anyone know if there is a way you can make your page unviewable unless someone is your friend? Also, where do you go to delete the page if you are done with it?

Thanks

Set your age to 14. That should do it.

Oh, and I had a big reply all written out friday night (i think it was friday) to one of your blog entries but lost it. Decided to go to bed and try again later. And then the entry was gone!
__________________

__________________
indra is offline  
Old 05-21-2006, 03:34 PM   #378
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra



Set your age to 14. That should do it.

Oh, and I had a big reply all written out friday night (i think it was friday) to one of your blog entries but lost it. Decided to go to bed and try again later. And then the entry was gone!
tried that, doesnt seem to work.

I just decided to delete my journal entries. Let people think what they want here and if they dont want to believe me its ok. The "friend" thing on Myspace is just odd. Its just the internet, thats why I dont understand getting a refusal. Especially if I actually sort of know the people and/or have similiar interests.

I'm leaning towards deleting my page anyway. Its kind of cool though to search for people I have known and to see what they are up to. I may just go back to a bare bones page with little to no info or personalization so I can still search and view photos.
__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 05-21-2006, 03:46 PM   #379
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room


tried that, doesnt seem to work.

I just decided to delete my journal entries. Let people think what they want here and if they dont want to believe me its ok. The "friend" thing on Myspace is just odd. Its just the internet, thats why I dont understand getting a refusal. Especially if I actually sort of know the people and/or have similiar interests.

I'm leaning towards deleting my page anyway. Its kind of cool though to search for people I have known and to see what they are up to. I may just go back to a bare bones page with little to no info or personalization so I can still search and view photos.
Maybe it has to update or something. Not sure.

I have a very basic page myself and will probably keep it that way. I've had it for over a year and just got around to adding a profile photo (actually just a section of a painting). I do like to be able to make comments and look at various stuff, so it's worth having a page to me. But I doubt my page is ever going to win any style awards.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 05-21-2006, 04:18 PM   #380
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra

I have a very basic page myself and will probably keep it that way. I've had it for over a year and just got around to adding a profile photo (actually just a section of a painting). I do like to be able to make comments and look at various stuff, so it's worth having a page to me. But I doubt my page is ever going to win any style awards.
I have now done this also. My page is very basic now. Still some info but not as detailed as before and only a couple of pictures. No "audio" bonus any longer either. No one paid any attention to it anyway!

I'm not asking anyone to be a friend again either. I cant take the rejection!
__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 05-21-2006, 05:56 PM   #381
Blue Crack Addict
 
U2Girl1978's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: At the altar of the dark star
Posts: 19,374
Local Time: 08:33 PM
Blue Room, my year of birth is 1978 and I have set it to 1981. It becomes private.

ETA: You need to put your birth year as 1975 or 1976. Try that. Also you will need to fix it again when your birthday comes up. It's not private when you turn 15.
__________________
U2Girl1978 is offline  
Old 05-21-2006, 06:16 PM   #382
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
trevster2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Posts: 4,330
Local Time: 09:03 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room



I'm not asking anyone to be a friend again either. I cant take the rejection!
A large number of people on myspace are either one of two things.Either, friend whores who want to have the largest number of friends for whatever reasons. Then there people who only want a small number of friends.

Of course, there are a lot of freaks out there who harass the hell out of the ladies and a lot of ladies who are just skanky looking for attention. So they have made everyone a bit wary of adding friends too.

For me, I am comfortable with the people on my list and don't want to have 250 friends on my list. I can barely keep up with the ones I have and am guilty of neglecting many people. However, I will add people I don't know ( either in real life or thru message boards) if they share my interests but if they never contact me thru either a message or comment, I give em the boot after a month or so. Like most of the U2 folks are welcome cause I run into them here at Interference or at U2 events. But every now and then, I purge my list of people who wanted to me to add them.

Try messaging people before you friend request them too. Some people don't like the "cold call" method.
__________________
trevster2k is offline  
Old 05-21-2006, 08:49 PM   #383
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
Blue Room's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: MICHIGAN, GO BLUE!
Posts: 7,612
Local Time: 07:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k



Try messaging people before you friend request them too. Some people don't like the "cold call" method.
Precisely what I did.

I guess I come accross as offensive or something.

Its not a big deal really. I'm half joking about it. I just found it puzzling and I was a little taken back by it.
__________________
Blue Room is offline  
Old 05-22-2006, 05:57 PM   #384
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator
 
Sicy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Bay Area, CA
Posts: 69,297
Local Time: 04:33 PM
I can agree that this myspace thing can be pretty petty and lame sometimes.

You get all excited because you see that you are somone's #1 friend

But then you get kind of offended to see that someone has actually deleted you/themselves from your friends.

Or that someone who is supposed to be one of your really good friends, doesnt even have you on their top 8.

Or that someone you thought was a friend, has denied to add you.


Ah its so like... high school n stuff
__________________
Sicy is offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 05:20 PM   #385
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
cell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Disneyland
Posts: 5,901
Local Time: 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k


A large number of people on myspace are either one of two things.Either, friend whores who want to have the largest number of friends for whatever reasons. Then there people who only want a small number of friends.



im one of those who want a small list, those who i know in person or very few i havent met yet.
__________________
cell is offline  
Old 05-23-2006, 10:04 PM   #386
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 08:33 PM
Can you only send bulletins to everyone on your friends list?

There are some bulletins I would like to send to most people on my friends list, but have no desire to send off to the bands I have on there.
__________________
indra is offline  
Old 05-24-2006, 02:33 AM   #387
New Yorker
 
Achtung_Bebe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: Beneath the noise, below the din
Posts: 2,859
Local Time: 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
I can agree that this myspace thing can be pretty petty and lame sometimes.


I just ran across this hilarious short film (11 mins.) on youtube... it sums up myspace perfectly... I can't stop laughing!

__________________
Achtung_Bebe is offline  
Old 05-24-2006, 10:20 AM   #388
BVS
Blue Crack Supplier
 
BVS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: between my head and heart
Posts: 40,640
Local Time: 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by indra
Can you only send bulletins to everyone on your friends list?

There are some bulletins I would like to send to most people on my friends list, but have no desire to send off to the bands I have on there.
A band home page is a little different, we don't get the long list of bulletins. We have to click if we really want to see bulletins. So it's probably not a big deal, for most see them.
__________________
BVS is online now  
Old 05-24-2006, 11:59 AM   #389
Blue Crack Addict
 
RedRocksU2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Murrieta, CA.
Posts: 26,437
Local Time: 05:33 PM

I'm always looking to steal comments from other people's sites...
__________________
RedRocksU2 is offline  
Old 05-24-2006, 03:45 PM   #390
ONE
love, blood, life
 
indra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 12,689
Local Time: 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by BonoVoxSupastar


A band home page is a little different, we don't get the long list of bulletins. We have to click if we really want to see bulletins. So it's probably not a big deal, for most see them.
Ah, thanks! That's good news.

I just didn't think most bands/musicians really wanted to know that I can indeed spell my name with band names and they don't need to know the inner workings of the SKSC either.
__________________

__________________
indra is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:33 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com