MERGED-->All MySpace discussion - Page 20 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-06-2006, 11:44 PM   #286
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
Local Time: 08:23 AM
Trev, do you IM? If so, please PM on here and provide me with your IM name so I can chat with you as I attempt to set up the damn player, which by the way is not working well for me at all!

~idiot

Old 05-07-2006, 01:04 AM   #287
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:53 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Room

Will an audio clip start playing then if you link a code for an MP3 from another page? I have seen pages where people have music players that start playing music. That is what I want, except I want it to play own uploaded mp3.
When you setup a player, you can upload whatever you want to filehosting servers, and add it to the playlist. I think some places can hotlink to the player too but I haven't done that with my player.

So technically, you could upload yourself reading shakespeare if you want. And you can set the background picture, colours, volume, shuffle or whatever on the player too.

Old 05-07-2006, 12:15 PM   #288
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k

When you setup a player, you can upload whatever you want to filehosting servers, and add it to the playlist. I think some places can hotlink to the player too but I haven't done that with my player.

So technically, you could upload yourself reading shakespeare if you want. And you can set the background picture, colours, volume, shuffle or whatever on the player too.
Ok, I'm probably going to sound really stupid. Where do you get and set up the player on the page?
Old 05-07-2006, 02:24 PM   #289
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 09:53 AM
Quote:

Ok, I'm probably going to sound really stupid. Where do you get and set up the player on the page?
Hey, no such thing as a stupid question, well, I google everything myself

http://tinyurl.com/nbe4m

This is a link to a group dedicated to players.

Open the topics. Goto this one

Jeroen Flash Player V2.0 Help

That is the player I use. There is some uploading and tweaking involved but just take it step by step. There are many help threads there too. Sometimes the filehosting services have server problems which temporarily stop the players from being on your page. Like right now, my player has been down since Friday cause filelodge is repairing a server. I have over 50 songs on my player.

Have fun.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:46 PM   #290
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 05:23 AM
Love your sig, BlueRoom!
Old 05-08-2006, 07:42 PM   #291
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230
Love your sig, BlueRoom!
Thanks, I actually got it from another site. I think its better than quoting the band like I was before.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:43 PM   #292
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k

Hey, no such thing as a stupid question, well, I google everything myself

http://tinyurl.com/nbe4m

This is a link to a group dedicated to players.

Open the topics. Goto this one

Jeroen Flash Player V2.0 Help

That is the player I use. There is some uploading and tweaking involved but just take it step by step. There are many help threads there too. Sometimes the filehosting services have server problems which temporarily stop the players from being on your page. Like right now, my player has been down since Friday cause filelodge is repairing a server. I have over 50 songs on my player.

Have fun.
Thanks for the help but I think I just give up on it.
Old 05-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #293
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

One other question in general since I'm completely new to this myspace thing. Reading back through this thread it looks like some people are getting denied as friends. Is there a reason this is done? Is it bad to have too many friends or does it generate too many emails or something? I can see if someone has a weird looking page or interests but otherwise I guess I dont get it.

Is there an etiquette to asking someone? I have been sending a message first instead of just trying to add people. I "few" people here have just added me (thanks!) and I dont mind that at all but do some people not like that?
Old 05-08-2006, 09:47 PM   #294
New Yorker

Local Time: 07:23 AM
^ perhaps some people prefer to only have "real" friends on their friend list. That doesn't really explain why someone who'd provide a link to their profile would then deny friendship, though.

As far as etiquette to asking someone to be a friend goes--I don't know of any... when I first signed up I just went on an "add to friends" spree. If you don't want to be a person's friend, you just don't have to accept it--that's better than to accept only to delete them later for no real reason.

A friend of mine recently deleted one of her contacts because she doesn't actually know him, but he would add numerous comments to her page on a daily basis and act like they were best of friends... in this case it's understandable!
Old 05-08-2006, 09:57 PM   #295
Blue Crack Addict

Location: basking in my post-concert glow still mesmerized by the orbit of his hips..Also Holding Bono Close as he requested.
hmm how do I say this without being rude? I add friends to my list based what I think people will get as far as my humor. There are several people that I removed from my friend list because I did not like their profiles or photos they posted. There are a handful of actual friends as my buddies on myspace. Most of them are bands. So yeah I do think about who I add as friends.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:00 PM   #296
Refugee

Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
* I canceled my account because there are many art rippers there
Old 05-08-2006, 10:26 PM   #297
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Achtung_Bebe
^ perhaps some people prefer to only have "real" friends on their friend list. That doesn't really explain why someone who'd provide a link to their profile would then deny friendship, though.

As far as etiquette to asking someone to be a friend goes--I don't know of any... when I first signed up I just went on an "add to friends" spree. If you don't want to be a person's friend, you just don't have to accept it--that's better than to accept only to delete them later for no real reason.

A friend of mine recently deleted one of her contacts because she doesn't actually know him, but he would add numerous comments to her page on a daily basis and act like they were best of friends... in this case it's understandable!
Makes sense. I'm still trying to get a feel for what its all about. Not sure if I will stick with it or not. Is there a way to make your page private and only those that you invite can see it?
Old 05-08-2006, 10:36 PM   #298
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:23 AM
Quote:

Makes sense. I'm still trying to get a feel for what its all about. Not sure if I will stick with it or not. Is there a way to make your page private and only those that you invite can see it?
The main thing I use MySpace for now (as opposed to when I signed up) is to get in touch with old friends from places I've lived or high school buddies I haven't seen in 10 years. It's been a blessing in that regard for me. The rest of it I don't let bother me.
Old 05-08-2006, 10:39 PM   #299
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:23 AM
Quote:

Yes, put your age as 14-15 years old and noone can view your profile.
Old 05-08-2006, 11:51 PM   #300
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by HelloAngel

The main thing I use MySpace for now (as opposed to when I signed up) is to get in touch with old friends from places I've lived or high school buddies I haven't seen in 10 years. It's been a blessing in that regard for me. The rest of it I don't let bother me.
Thats what I have done as well. I was also hoping to get in touch with other people with similiar interests (IE U2). Just wasnt sure what the main purpose of it is or what the etiquette is with it (if there is one). There was/is nothing bothering me about it.