MERGED-->All MySpace discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
kafrun said:

Yeah, people actually believe this stuff :huh:

Mind you I have three different Adams on my friends page :reject: Just for fun :nerd:

I'm bored tonight so I actually read through some of this thread. Some people here, in this thread, are saying they do check them and the band has a friend do it for them? Call me skeptical, but I guess its possible. :shrug: My guess is if even semi true Bono, Larry and Adam probably VERY rarely look at them and may have never looked at them. Edge is a possibility though, but I'm skeptical there also. I guess the only way to know for sure is to ask a member of the band next time someone has the oppurtunity.

:tsk: I have to say, I'm not sure I get this whole Myspace thing. No offense to anyone who accepted me as a friend on there. I appreciate it but I think I may delete my page.

Besides, no one is really looking/listening to my site very closely anyway. If they were, and they are U2 fans, I would expect some questions. :shifty: :laugh: :wink:

Blue Room said:
:tsk: I have to say, I'm not sure I get this whole Myspace thing. No offense to anyone who accepted me as a friend on there. I appreciate it but I think I may delete my page.

Besides, no one is really looking/listening to my site very closely anyway. If they were, and they are U2 fans, I would expect some questions. :shifty: :laugh: :wink:

Damn! Now you've really caught my attention! :lol:

yeah, that's what I see Myspace as:

high school cliques extended onto the internet

scene kids & and little emo bands

child molesters

and people who use it to get in touch w/ old friends.

am i right, or missing something?

Blue Room said:

But I'm sure you would deny me as a friend......:sad: :wink: :laugh:

:sad:

I haven't denied anyone as a friend (not that I have been inundated though :wink: ). I've only specificly excluded a very small subset of people in my "who I'd like to meet" section. So I guess that means you just don't like me... Waaahhhh.... :sad: :sad:

:wink:

I do have a couple of band friend requests which are still pending though. I like to at least listen to them before accepting.

Ok indra, the ball is in your court! :laugh: :wink:

I will say that all of the friends I have so far are all attractive females and almost all are U2 fans. (Except Mr. BAW!! :laugh: obviously not female! ) So I guess there isnt anything wrong with that!

I guess I will give it some more time and see what happens there. :shrug:

Does anyone know if there is a way you can make your page unviewable unless someone is your friend? Also, where do you go to delete the page if you are done with it?

Thanks

Blue Room said:
Does anyone know if there is a way you can make your page unviewable unless someone is your friend? Also, where do you go to delete the page if you are done with it?

Thanks

Set your age to 14. That should do it.

Oh, and I had a big reply all written out friday night (i think it was friday) to one of your blog entries but lost it. Decided to go to bed and try again later. And then the entry was gone! :ohmy: :grumpy:

indra said:

Set your age to 14. That should do it.

Oh, and I had a big reply all written out friday night (i think it was friday) to one of your blog entries but lost it. Decided to go to bed and try again later. And then the entry was gone! :ohmy: :grumpy:

:hmm: tried that, doesnt seem to work.

I just decided to delete my journal entries. Let people think what they want here and if they dont want to believe me its ok. :shrug: The "friend" thing on Myspace is just odd. Its just the internet, thats why I dont understand getting a refusal. Especially if I actually sort of know the people and/or have similiar interests.

I'm leaning towards deleting my page anyway. Its kind of cool though to search for people I have known and to see what they are up to. I may just go back to a bare bones page with little to no info or personalization so I can still search and view photos.

Blue Room said:

:hmm: tried that, doesnt seem to work.

I just decided to delete my journal entries. Let people think what they want here and if they dont want to believe me its ok. :shrug: The "friend" thing on Myspace is just odd. Its just the internet, thats why I dont understand getting a refusal. Especially if I actually sort of know the people and/or have similiar interests.

I'm leaning towards deleting my page anyway. Its kind of cool though to search for people I have known and to see what they are up to. I may just go back to a bare bones page with little to no info or personalization so I can still search and view photos.

Maybe it has to update or something. Not sure.

I have a very basic page myself and will probably keep it that way. I've had it for over a year and just got around to adding a profile photo (actually just a section of a painting). I do like to be able to make comments and look at various stuff, so it's worth having a page to me. But I doubt my page is ever going to win any style awards. :huh:

indra said:

I have a very basic page myself and will probably keep it that way. I've had it for over a year and just got around to adding a profile photo (actually just a section of a painting). I do like to be able to make comments and look at various stuff, so it's worth having a page to me. But I doubt my page is ever going to win any style awards. :huh:

I have now done this also. My page is very basic now. Still some info but not as detailed as before and only a couple of pictures. No "audio" bonus any longer either. No one paid any attention to it anyway! :laugh:

I'm not asking anyone to be a friend again either. I cant take the rejection! :sad: :wink: :laugh:

Blue Room, my year of birth is 1978 and I have set it to 1981. It becomes private.

ETA: You need to put your birth year as 1975 or 1976. Try that. Also you will need to fix it again when your birthday comes up. It's not private when you turn 15. :lol:

Last edited:
Blue Room said:

I'm not asking anyone to be a friend again either. I cant take the rejection! :sad: :wink: :laugh:

A large number of people on myspace are either one of two things.Either, friend whores who want to have the largest number of friends for whatever reasons. Then there people who only want a small number of friends.

Of course, there are a lot of freaks out there who harass the hell out of the ladies and a lot of ladies who are just skanky looking for attention. So they have made everyone a bit wary of adding friends too. :wink:

For me, I am comfortable with the people on my list and don't want to have 250 friends on my list. I can barely keep up with the ones I have and am guilty of neglecting many people. However, I will add people I don't know ( either in real life or thru message boards) if they share my interests but if they never contact me thru either a message or comment, I give em the boot after a month or so. Like most of the U2 folks are welcome cause I run into them here at Interference or at U2 events. But every now and then, I purge my list of people who wanted to me to add them.

Try messaging people before you friend request them too. Some people don't like the "cold call" method.:wink:

trevster2k said:

Try messaging people before you friend request them too. Some people don't like the "cold call" method.:wink:

Precisely what I did. :|

I guess I come accross as offensive or something. :shrug: :( :laugh:

Its not a big deal really. I'm half joking about it. I just found it puzzling and I was a little taken back by it.

I can agree that this myspace thing can be pretty petty and lame sometimes.

You get all excited because you see that you are somone's #1 friend :ohmy: :drool:

But then you get kind of offended to see that someone has actually deleted you/themselves from your friends.

Or that someone who is supposed to be one of your really good friends, doesnt even have you on their top 8.

Or that someone you thought was a friend, has denied to add you.

:laugh: Ah its so like... high school n stuff :laugh:

trevster2k said:

A large number of people on myspace are either one of two things.Either, friend whores who want to have the largest number of friends for whatever reasons. Then there people who only want a small number of friends.

im one of those who want a small list, those who i know in person or very few i havent met yet.

Can you only send bulletins to everyone on your friends list?

There are some bulletins I would like to send to most people on my friends list, but have no desire to send off to the bands I have on there. :huh:

indra said:
Can you only send bulletins to everyone on your friends list?

There are some bulletins I would like to send to most people on my friends list, but have no desire to send off to the bands I have on there. :huh:

A band home page is a little different, we don't get the long list of bulletins. We have to click if we really want to see bulletins. So it's probably not a big deal, for most see them.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

A band home page is a little different, we don't get the long list of bulletins. We have to click if we really want to see bulletins. So it's probably not a big deal, for most see them.

Ah, thanks! That's good news.

I just didn't think most bands/musicians really wanted to know that I can indeed spell my name with band names and they don't need to know the inner workings of the SKSC either. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom