MERGED-->All MySpace discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is anyone else having a problem logging into or accessing their Myspace account? Mine keeps saying its disabled temporarily :huh:

Tom's message on myspace:

hey so i know some of you can't view people in your friends lists and the profiles are showing up as private, we're working on fixing that!!

we're not charging, not shutting down, and those trackers are scam...

I swear this guy is a moron.

Where'sTheLove said:
also having the same problem

"Login is temporarily disabled while we fix some database problems. We'll be back shortly. 5/11/2006"

Yep. Guess I'll have to stay here a bit longer. :)

Why is Tom a moron if he is attempting to fix whatever problems their database is having? They have a huge amount of traffic. Unless anyone of us is in his position, why is it Ok to assume he's a moron?

As someone who runs a software company and deals with online issues all the time that need fixing - I guess what I'm wondering is what makes someone a moron exactly in this type of situation?

HelloAngel said:
Why is Tom a moron if he is attempting to fix whatever problems their database is having? They have a huge amount of traffic. Unless anyone of us is in his position, why is it Ok to assume he's a moron?

As someone who runs a software company and deals with online issues all the time that need fixing - I guess what I'm wondering is what makes someone a moron exactly in this type of situation?

I think it's his need to be everyone's friend. :yes:

indra said:

I think it's his need to be everyone's friend. :yes:

It's not necessarily his need, per se. He owns the place, and takes it upon himself to assist new members with whatever their needs are with using the site. The friend request that "he" sends out is auto-generated -- it's not him actually sitting at his computer sending out thousands of friend requests every hour.

The only thing that grates me is his promotion of the emo-tastic MySpace CD. That's all.

As far as server issues with the site - every business has kinks. Again, as an online merchant, even I can't even begin to understand the intracacies of the MySpace infrastructure. It's all free. And because it's free, they have a right to tinker with the system to improve it.

I dunno. I don't want anyone here thinking I'm being aggressive. Believe me, that's not my personality at all. But things like server issues and infrastructure improvements is something I understand - and it's not as simple as the outsiders think it is. Sometimes you have to have downtime to improve the uptime. :shrug:

Speaking of servers, I haven't had access to my music player for a week now since filelodge had problems, they are still working on it.:scream:

Plus I have MVD's player setup there too and can't access so she can set it up.

Grrr!:wink:

HelloAngel said:

It's not necessarily his need, per se. He owns the place, and takes it upon himself to assist new members with whatever their needs are with using the site. The friend request that "he" sends out is auto-generated -- it's not him actually sitting at his computer sending out thousands of friend requests every hour.

The only thing that grates me is his promotion of the emo-tastic MySpace CD. That's all.

As far as server issues with the site - every business has kinks. Again, as an online merchant, even I can't even begin to understand the intracacies of the MySpace infrastructure. It's all free. And because it's free, they have a right to tinker with the system to improve it.

I dunno. I don't want anyone here thinking I'm being aggressive. Believe me, that's not my personality at all. But things like server issues and infrastructure improvements is something I understand - and it's not as simple as the outsiders think it is. Sometimes you have to have downtime to improve the uptime. :shrug:

You yelled at me. I go cry in corner now!

:wink: :lol:

I understand where you are coming from though. I just get a little aggravated. I need my myspace fix like I need my blue crack fix. :crack:

HelloAngel said:

Do you honestly think I thought he actually sits there and "friends" everyone? :ohmy:

:lmao:

indra said:

Do you honestly think I thought he actually sits there and "friends" everyone? :ohmy:

Yeah. I can see him sitting at his desk madly "friending" every new user.. Tom: "Need more friends :hyper: MORE... FRIENDS.. :drool:"

:lol:

indra said:

No, I don't think that at all. My replies were for the general mass. But I'm going to quit on this topic now before more people perceive me incorrectly. :(

HelloAngel said:

No, I don't think that at all. My replies were for the general mass. But I'm going to quit on this topic now before more people perceive me incorrectly. :(

Sorry for being snippy.

I'm often misunderstood also.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom