MERGED-->All MySpace discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blue Room said:

Is that just video clips though or audio also? I'm just looking to upload a short MP3 file.

oh um, video only. for some reason i thought u meant video when u said 'clip' :reject:

Ava79 said:

added :)

Sicy said:

Which section do you paste the video code?

any section .. u can even use in friend's comments or bulletin posts :up:

No I mean where do you paste the code in your profile so that it will show up on your page.

U2Girl1978 said:

You can paste it in the About Me section. :)

Will an audio clip start playing then if you link a code for an MP3 from another page? :der: I have seen pages where people have music players that start playing music. That is what I want, except I want it to play own uploaded mp3.

Blue Room said:

Will an audio clip start playing then if you link a code for an MP3 from another page? :der: I have seen pages where people have music players that start playing music. That is what I want, except I want it to play own uploaded mp3.

uhh.. :hmm: I don't know. :der:

Blue Room said:

When you setup a player, you can upload whatever you want to filehosting servers, and add it to the playlist. I think some places can hotlink to the player too but I haven't done that with my player.

So technically, you could upload yourself reading shakespeare if you want.:wink: And you can set the background picture, colours, volume, shuffle or whatever on the player too.

trevster2k said:

When you setup a player, you can upload whatever you want to filehosting servers, and add it to the playlist. I think some places can hotlink to the player too but I haven't done that with my player.

So technically, you could upload yourself reading shakespeare if you want.:wink: And you can set the background picture, colours, volume, shuffle or whatever on the player too.

Ok, I'm probably going to sound really stupid. :der: Where do you get and set up the player on the page?

Blue Room said:

Ok, I'm probably going to sound really stupid. :der: Where do you get and set up the player on the page?

Hey, no such thing as a stupid question, well, I google everything myself :wink:

http://tinyurl.com/nbe4m

This is a link to a group dedicated to players.

Open the topics. Goto this one

Jeroen Flash Player V2.0 Help

That is the player I use. There is some uploading and tweaking involved but just take it step by step. There are many help threads there too. Sometimes the filehosting services have server problems which temporarily stop the players from being on your page. Like right now, my player has been down since Friday cause filelodge is repairing a server. I have over 50 songs on my player.

Have fun.

trevster2k said:

Hey, no such thing as a stupid question, well, I google everything myself :wink:

http://tinyurl.com/nbe4m

This is a link to a group dedicated to players.

Open the topics. Goto this one

Jeroen Flash Player V2.0 Help

That is the player I use. There is some uploading and tweaking involved but just take it step by step. There are many help threads there too. Sometimes the filehosting services have server problems which temporarily stop the players from being on your page. Like right now, my player has been down since Friday cause filelodge is repairing a server. I have over 50 songs on my player.

Have fun.

Thanks for the help but I think I just give up on it. :laugh:

One other question in general since I'm completely new to this myspace thing. Reading back through this thread it looks like some people are getting denied as friends. Is there a reason this is done? Is it bad to have too many friends or does it generate too many emails or something? I can see if someone has a weird looking page or interests but otherwise I guess I dont get it. :shrug:

Is there an etiquette to asking someone? I have been sending a message first instead of just trying to add people. I "few" people here have just added me (thanks!) and I dont mind that at all but do some people not like that?

Last edited:
^ perhaps some people prefer to only have "real" friends on their friend list. That doesn't really explain why someone who'd provide a link to their profile would then deny friendship, though.

As far as etiquette to asking someone to be a friend goes--I don't know of any... when I first signed up I just went on an "add to friends" spree. :lol: If you don't want to be a person's friend, you just don't have to accept it--that's better than to accept only to delete them later for no real reason.

A friend of mine recently deleted one of her contacts because she doesn't actually know him, but he would add numerous comments to her page on a daily basis and act like they were best of friends... in this case it's understandable!

hmm how do I say this without being rude? I add friends to my list based what I think people will get as far as my humor. There are several people that I removed from my friend list because I did not like their profiles or photos they posted. There are a handful of actual friends as my buddies on myspace. Most of them are bands. So yeah I do think about who I add as friends.

Achtung_Bebe said:
^ perhaps some people prefer to only have "real" friends on their friend list. That doesn't really explain why someone who'd provide a link to their profile would then deny friendship, though.

As far as etiquette to asking someone to be a friend goes--I don't know of any... when I first signed up I just went on an "add to friends" spree. :lol: If you don't want to be a person's friend, you just don't have to accept it--that's better than to accept only to delete them later for no real reason.

A friend of mine recently deleted one of her contacts because she doesn't actually know him, but he would add numerous comments to her page on a daily basis and act like they were best of friends... in this case it's understandable!

:up: Makes sense. I'm still trying to get a feel for what its all about. Not sure if I will stick with it or not. Is there a way to make your page private and only those that you invite can see it?

Blue Room said:

:up: Makes sense. I'm still trying to get a feel for what its all about. Not sure if I will stick with it or not. Is there a way to make your page private and only those that you invite can see it?

The main thing I use MySpace for now (as opposed to when I signed up) is to get in touch with old friends from places I've lived or high school buddies I haven't seen in 10 years. It's been a blessing in that regard for me. The rest of it I don't let bother me.

Blue Room said:

Yes, put your age as 14-15 years old and noone can view your profile.

HelloAngel said:

The main thing I use MySpace for now (as opposed to when I signed up) is to get in touch with old friends from places I've lived or high school buddies I haven't seen in 10 years. It's been a blessing in that regard for me. The rest of it I don't let bother me.

Thats what I have done as well. I was also hoping to get in touch with other people with similiar interests (IE U2). Just wasnt sure what the main purpose of it is or what the etiquette is with it (if there is one). There was/is nothing bothering me about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom