MERGED ---> All Grammy discussion goes here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On the other hand, maybe the voters gave U2 SONG of the year so they could have one big award befitting their stature, in order to soften the blow of not getting ALBUM of the year.........

Axver said:

I'm trying to figure out how to avoid seeing him.

I wonder if I'll be allowed to bring a soundproofed box into the GA area ...

I'm sorry but I saw him in SLC & Portland and thought he was awesome!!

JCOSTER said:

Okay I don't think he is tipsy after winning just now for Sometimes I think he is just very emotional this album and song means more to him than the rest of the guys, I think this is his closure with his dad. I can't believe they just one, I'm yelling and screaming all by myself everyone else is sleeping....:dancing: :applaud: :combust:

I always give out a big yelp too when U2 wins, I can't help it!!!

This is Kanye West? Okay, this is the 2nd song I hear from him (Jesus Walks being the other) and it's damned catchy stuff! (and I'm one of these people who usually can't stand rap/hip-hop)

westendgirl said:
Did Bono almost lose it at the end of his little speech just now??? He stepped away from the mic very quickly...

He was getting very emotional when he starts stumbling words hes trying to hold it in. Seeing him sing this live at my show he was getting quite emotional.....:sad:

Headache in a Suitcase said:

just keep your head fully implanted up your ass like it was when you made the comments about a performance that you didn't even see and you should be fine.

:giggle:

i knew i liked you headache ...

typhoon said:
The Grey Album was mixed together by a third party (DJ Danger Mouse or some shit like that), so I don't see how it matters.

Because Jay Z encouraged it and wanted to see it formalised, it was Paul McCartney who refused and sent out the legal hounds on Danger Mouse. It's interesting now that 3 or so years later he either "gets it" or at least "gets" that it's a good publicity stunt.

thelaj said:
On the other hand, maybe the voters gave U2 SONG of the year so they could have one big award befitting their stature, in order to soften the blow of not getting ALBUM of the year.........

:lol:

i bet miss mariah will get it now...:| :huh:

Do you think all these grammy wins are going to provoke U2 to say on the same road commercially, and not want to mix up there sound? What really does a grammy win mean....................................................................................................................nothing

Earnie Shavers said:
Because Jay Z encouraged it and wanted to see it formalised, it was Paul McCartney who refused and sent out the legal hounds on Danger Mouse. It's interesting now that 3 or so years later he either "gets it" or at least "gets" that it's a good publicity stunt.
Oh yeah, that is funny then.

Babydoll said:
bono almost choked up :hug: it must be hugely emotional to win for such a personal song.

I can relate (we'll talk another time) but the blonde next to them was also with Edge at the Sundance festival but I dont know who she is.

macphisto23 said:
Do you think all these grammy wins are going to provoke U2 to say on the same road commercially, and not want to mix up there sound? What really does a grammy win mean....................................................................................................................nothing

maybe they'll add the 2nd hawaii show if they go 5/5 ;)

i know... i know... I'm smoking crack...

4 out 5 so far... !! Good night all , I can't take anymore of this show with the rap and the hip hop .congrats to U2 !!!

The Grammys are fixed by Paul McGuiness. Ever since U2 have won Grammys in 1988, Paul McGuiness has been able to buy off the judges. There is no way in the world that U2 can win all of those Grammys.

Paul McGuiness is the most powerful man in the music industry. He has made a mediocre band into the best band in the world, which they are not by no means, all because he is able to buy off judges.

There should be an investigation...

:|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom