MERGED ---> All Grammy discussion goes here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
rock888nwo said:
sir paul ABSOLUTELY OWNS the grammys tonight
....bono's voice was crap...vertigo was mediocre at best...mary j saved One...but were still on a roll

Ya it could be worse, u2 could be losing...

Axver said:

Uh, no. Jay-Z is junk and Linkin Park are awful, purely awful. I can't believe McCartney performed with them - I thought there was a Biblical commandment against that.

But the thing is, it t sounded pretty good. Don't judge what you haven't heard. I know you don't like the Beatles, but Yesterday is one of the greatest pop songs ever written bar none period. You can't go wrong with it.

Vertigo was neutered because of the solo and bridge being knocked out so that was unfair

and they performed with MJB, who is cool and all, but drowns Bono out in every live performance

Macca had 2 unchanged songs, and the random appearance w/ Jay-Z and Linkin Park

what is going on there?

U2DMfan said:
so can somebody explain how Jay Z and Linkin Park didn't ruin Yesterday?

My guess is they didn't ruin it, they butchered it.

I hope I never have to hear this. Just the thought is bad enough. And I don't even like McCartney, but come on, Jay-Z and Linkin Park?!

RademR said:
i thought the performance was great, but u2 were basically running through the motions with "ONE" like they were doing the whole tour.

MJB took it over the top.

yup.. which is what made "One" so good

7402405.jpg
7402406.jpg
7402407.jpg
7402757.jpg
7402408.jpg

amerrydeath said:
As much as I love U2, Vertigo was sub-par and One was worse, would've been pure awful if MJB hadn't arrived. Bono's voice honestly sounded terrible, was there something wrong? My mother asked if he was on drugs... :huh:

Maybe painkillers for the back?

joyfulgirl said:

I knew that and yet it's still hard for me to hear. I thought it was ... not good. Something was wrong with Bono, too.

yes, bono's off tonight.

he admited as much.

poor thing. nothing a few shows in brazil won't fix.

Axver said:

My guess is they didn't ruin it, they butchered it.

I hope I never have to hear this. Just the thought is bad enough. And I don't even like McCartney, but come on, Jay-Z and Linkin Park?!

yea let's rip apart something we didn't even hear... 'cause that makes sense.

what's next... are we gonna go looking for weapons of mass destruction that we've never seen? let's not get crazy now

the crowd loved the performance for "One." I thought it was great, also liked the shout out from Kanye in his thank you speech.

Linkin Park sucks, but Jay-Z is the man

Headache in a Suitcase said:

yea let's rip apart something we didn't even hear... 'cause that makes sense.

Give me one example of Jay-Z and Linkin Park doing something even mediocre (it doesn't have to be good! Just plain mediocre, I'll take it!), and I'll retract my post.

Oh, wait, YOU CAN'T.

Irvine511 said:

yes, bono's off tonight.

he admited as much.

poor thing. nothing a few shows in brazil won't fix.

Oh, we didn't get to that part here in mountain time yet.

OK I just saw Tom Hank's hair and thought "Tom what have you done (or not done) to your head?" Then I realized he's got the same cut as Bono! :huh:

did you see them cut to U2 on accident?

are they first? or the winners?

Axver said:

Give me one example of Jay-Z and Linkin Park doing something even mediocre (it doesn't have to be good! Just plain mediocre, I'll take it!), and I'll retract my post.

Oh, wait, YOU CAN'T.

Dude, at least give this performance of Yesterday a listen before you bash it. It wasn't bad at all. You are coming off as very snobbish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom