MERGED ---> All Grammy discussion goes here.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
7402409.jpg
7402755.jpg
7402417.jpg

Irvine511 said:

i hated bono's voice.

i loved MJB.

on the whole, a par-for-the-course performance.

she saved their ass.

(and i :heart: their ass, so don't get me wrong)

I thought she sounded a bit off. I can't hear the melody when she sings it. Am I crazy?

joyfulgirl said:

I thought she sounded a bit off. I can't hear the melody when she sings it. Am I crazy?

she reinterprets the melody.

sounds like my mother when she hears gospel artists singing christmas carols -- "why don't they just sing it normally?"

;)

StlElevation said:

there goes yours with that post

Uh, no. Jay-Z is junk and Linkin Park are awful, purely awful. I can't believe McCartney performed with them - I thought there was a Biblical commandment against that.

JCOSTER said:
Do we think Bono was tipsy? or could he have been in pain from that back problem?

Honestly, the first thing I thought during One was that he threw his back out during Vertigo. He was off.

i thought the performance was great, but u2 were basically running through the motions with "ONE" like they were doing the whole tour.

MJB took it over the top.

topplehatU2 said:
So...am I the only one who hates the duet of One with Mary J?

No!!
Why the HATE?
You don't have to answer... really
I don't really care to hear any other reasons why someone else hate's it..
Because it's not important.. (just too me, I might add
:huh: )

macphisto23 said:
Can somebody quote exactly what bono said in his speech.

Honestly, I really didnt like U2's performance, maybe it's just because I'm sick of Vertigo. Coldplay's performance was better then U2's

Coldplay were much worse!!!

Anywayyy, Bono said that sometimes when you're famous, "you're the clown in the circus of rock and roll...left to pick up the elephant dirt"....or something like that.

sir paul ABSOLUTELY OWNS the grammys tonight
....bono's voice was crap...vertigo was mediocre at best...mary j saved One...but were still on a roll

I thought Bono sounded good on Vertigo, even though the performance was off because it was shortened. During "One" he sounded bad though.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Bono and Tom Hanks have the same haircut

doesn't fit him that well... looks like he's lost a ton of hair in the last 2 years with that style... bono's looks bad at times too but i think it looks alright tonight (and it was alright at live 8 too.. which begs the question, why so bad on the tour shows?)

i have to admit, i haven't really gotten into this bruce song

bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce.

(please be good)

(i don't like it when he's so ... "meeh-huhhh" with his voice ... i'd have to do an impersonation to make sense)

(we've been drinking a bit ...)

Irvine511 said:

she reinterprets the melody.

sounds like my mother when she hears gospel artists singing christmas carols -- "why don't they just sing it normally?"

;)

I knew that and yet it's still hard for me to hear. I thought it was ... not good. Something was wrong with Bono, too.

As much as I love U2, Vertigo was sub-par and One was worse, would've been pure awful if MJB hadn't arrived. Bono's voice honestly sounded terrible, was there something wrong? My mother asked if he was on drugs... :huh:

Edge was cute though :up:

Paul was great and I wish I'd stuck around to hear Yesterday! :heart:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom