MERGED-->All Current Pearl Jam Discussion Here (Including Tour) - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-04-2003, 07:12 PM   #106
Refugee

Local Time: 03:35 PM
Oh and Autumn the pic!!

Old 05-05-2003, 09:45 AM   #107
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 05:35 PM
eddie durring the now controversial last ever playing of Bu$hleaguer, 4/30/03, from the Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, Long Island...

My thoughts on the performance of that song and Ed's actions afterwords aside... I think Eddie raided Bono's ZooTV era closet for this outfit...

Old 05-05-2003, 02:07 PM   #108
MBH
Acrobat

Local Time: 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Headache in a Suitcase
eddie durring the now controversial last ever playing of Bu$hleaguer, 4/30/03, from the Nassau Veteran's Memorial Coliseum in Uniondale, Long Island...

My thoughts on the performance of that song and Ed's actions afterwords aside... I think Eddie raided Bono's ZooTV era closet for this outfit...

LOL!!!! THE BONO'S-CLOSET QUOTE IS HYSTERICAL!!!

WHERE DID YOU GET THE EDDIE IN GOLD LAME JACKET PIC? PLEASE SEND THE LINK----THANKS!!!!

I ALSO AGREE WITH MOST OF WHAT YOU SAID ABOUT EDDIE'S ACTIONS ON THE NIGHT. IF HE IS FOR FREE SPEECH, THEN HE SHOULD TRY NOT TO BECOME PISSED OFF IF THE CROWD BOO'S HIM(HE ALSO THREW THE MICROPHONE DOWN AT THE END OF TH SHOW AT WHICH POINT THE WINE HAD CLEARY KICKED IN, LOL!)

I'M A BIT SURPRISED THAT THEY HAVE STOPPED PLAYING "BUSHLEAGUER"; ALTHOUGH THE CROWD'S DON'T LIKE IT, PJ LIKES TO GET THEIR POINT ACROSS AND DOESN'T SEEM TO LET OTHER'S OPINION'S EFFECT THEM THAT MUCH. BY AVOIDING BUSHLEAGUER AND PLAYING A SET OF HITS, CAUSES ME TO THINK THAT MAYBE PJ DOES INDEED CARE MORE ABOUT WHAT PEOPLE/FANS THINK THEY I FIRST BELIEVED......
Old 05-05-2003, 08:44 PM   #109
Blue Crack Addict

I wonder if some of the other band members approached Ed about dropping Bu$hleaguer from the setlist. After the Denver incident it only showed up a few times, where it had been a staple in Oz and Japan, and with what Mike said, I think the rest of the band may have overruled Ed on the song, something that doesn't happen often.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:51 AM   #110
Refugee

Buffalo rocked BIG time!!

@ the pic and the comment about Eddie raiding Bono's closet...Thanks Headache for sharing that pic!!!! Where did you find that pic? I've been dying to see a pic of Eddie in this "mirrorball" suit as some ppl have described it.
I went to see PJ in Buffalo on Friday....omg what a show...I had 6th row DEAD centre seats....I still have no voice. I did so much singing and screaming (as did everyone...a VERY loud crowd) and given the fact that they played just under 3 hours ( and 3 encores)....it's no surprise that I sound like freakin Joan Rivers right now.
PJ really know how to put on a great show...and the amazing thing is...the more you scream and sing along...the harder they play, the longer they play...and they give it all back to you and more. Eddie and the band were thrilled with our crowd in Buffalo...and just kept on coming back. 3 ENCORES!!
Eddie brought a chick on stage for "People Have the Power"...she held the lyric sheet up for Eddie while he played the guitar and sang the song. I swear to god, she was adorable!! She was really nervous at first but Eddie was really good with her and calmed her down. It was nice to see Eddie warm up like that....he picked her out of the crowd....something he doesn't do too often.
Sting2...you are one lucky mofo for seeing that Penn state show!! Oh dammit...I'm going to listen to that show now!! Something like 39 tracks...I had to use 3 cds to burn that baby.
Oh and yah...about Bushleaguer....it was a band decision to shelve it for a while. Not a case of overriding Ed's opinions, or anything like that. Lately it's been a mood killer...and that's something that PJ want to avoid now. Nassau was going pretty well up until Bushleaguer showed up (I know, because I have the boot and listened to it...you could cut the fucking tension with a knife, it was so bad). They sited reasons to dropping Bushleaguer off the setlist "as hopes to not alienate their fans". They are some fans that are there to just have a great fucking time....and for the ones who can't handle the message in Bushleaguer...they tend to ruin it for everyone else. I don't think it's a case of PJ running away from something, or giving into what people want, etc...it's just the best decision for now. After what happened in Nassau, I couldn't agree more.
By the way...Bushleaguer is Stone's song. Not Eddie's. Sure, Ed gave him a hand with some of the lyrics...but it's mainly Stone's song. Stone was crying on stage near the end of the show in Buffalo...so I'm wondering if he may feel responsible for the crap PJ are going thru in regards to the Bushleaguer situation. In any case...he shouldn't blame himself.
Now for a pic...cuz I just have to.
Here's another one from when PJ opened for U2 in July '93
Attached Thumbnails
roma93h.jpg  
Old 05-06-2003, 03:30 AM   #111
War Child

I was at the State College show Sat night. Awesome performance. They came out for the 2nd encore and Ed said they wanted to make this the longest show they ever did. When they came back for encore 3, Ed said "Right now we're daring you to leave."

36 songs, 3 hrs, 20 min, 3 encores. wow. ament played the last song (YL) sitting down.

Bushleaguer wasn't played, but..... That sneaky McCready slipped a few bars of it into his closing solo during Yellow Led.
Old 05-06-2003, 12:31 PM   #112
Blue Crack Distributor

i guess after they cut the nassau coliseum show short due to the crowd reaction after bu$hleaguer, they've been trying to make it up by playing springsteen-esque 3+ hour shows... sucks for me, who was at the show in uniondale oh well... hopefully they make up for it when i go to see them at the garden in July

and as for the location of the mirrorball man pic... it's on pearl jam's synergy web site, which i think is on sony.com... the way i always get there is by going to www.pearljam.com's main page, and the link to the synergy site is on the left hand side. there's pics from every show in the setlists and fanview section of the page... this particular pic was from the infamous final bu$hleaguer performance on long island
Old 05-06-2003, 02:43 PM   #113
Blue Crack Addict

My point about Bu$hleaguer is that the other band members may have swayed the decision to stop performing not because of the song's lyrics so much as Ed's performance with the Bush mask impalings and such. I don't think there would be much negative reaction to the song if it was just played without the theatrics.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:53 PM   #114
MBH
Acrobat

but.......

Quote:
i guess after they cut the nassau coliseum show short due to the crowd reaction after bu$hleaguer, they've been trying to make it up by playing springsteen-esque 3+ hour shows... sucks for me, who was at the show in uniondale oh well... hopefully they make up for it when i go to see them at the garden in July

and as for the location of the mirrorball man pic... it's on pearl jam's synergy web site, which i think is on sony.com... the way i always get there is by going to www.pearljam.com's main page, and the link to the synergy site is on the left hand side. there's pics from every show in the setlists and fanview section of the page... this particular pic was from the infamous final bu$hleaguer performance on long island

....you very well may have witnessed Pearl Jam perform "Bushleaguer" for the very last time which in some ways is even more eventful than a 3+ hour show. BTW, I clocked the Nassau Coliseum show at 2 hours, 45 minutes. The political commentary and crowd reaction only added to atmosphere of the show which makes us luckier than many to be at that show in the first place.....just my thoughts

BTW, are you going to the July MSG shows? I can't wait!!!!
Old 05-06-2003, 06:48 PM   #115
Blue Crack Distributor

i'll be there with bells on... well, ok not literaly. i think i'm going on the 8th, but i'm not sure. my friend has the tickets, but i'm pretty sure it's the 8th.

and while i have a fellow new yorker cornered...
june 20th, 10pm, the unforgettable fire, live at flannery's on west 14th street in between 7th and 8th... show to mark the 20th anniversary of the under a blood red sky red rocks shows
Old 05-06-2003, 08:42 PM   #116
Refugee

Local Time: 03:35 PM
LOL I saw that pic the other day!! Ahh Eddie!

3 hours of PJ! Damn!! I hope they play 3 hours when I see them soon... maybe they will in San Diego! Damn that is just freakin' awesome!!

AUTUMN!!!! I'm so freakin' happy you got such kick ass seats!!! WOW, glad you had a freakin' good time! But then again its PJ!!! You know they will deliver!! Did yah take any pics?
Old 05-06-2003, 11:51 PM   #117
New Yorker

Local Time: 06:35 PM
http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ic_pearljam_dc
Old 05-07-2003, 01:42 AM   #118
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I'll be at Pearl Jams last show in the United States at Hershey which happens to be right next to my hometown. The staff at Hershey are rather stiff, but I'm hoping PJ will top the 3 hour 25 minute performance I saw at Penn State last Saturday. Its the last show of the tour in the USA it looks like and I hope they make it special.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:39 AM   #119
MBH
Acrobat

Quote:
i'll be there with bells on... well, ok not literaly. i think i'm going on the 8th, but i'm not sure. my friend has the tickets, but i'm pretty sure it's the 8th.

and while i have a fellow new yorker cornered...
june 20th, 10pm, the unforgettable fire, live at flannery's on west 14th street in between 7th and 8th... show to mark the 20th anniversary of the under a blood red sky red rocks shows

Thanks for the heads-up on the UF show on the 20th. I've heard a lot about them, but haven't made it to one of their shows(I also heard that Joshua Tree and Exit are quite good too). My problem is (and I might post this in time for the next tour), that I simply don't know that many U2 fans!!! Strange as that sounds, most of my friends (we're all about 25-27, males) fall into the "grunge" era and missed out on the U2 era (JT, R&H). So I'm more likely to end up at a PJ show or Audioslave with them then a U2 show. I became a U2 fan as they were passed down to me from my big bro (30 yrs.old) and his friends.......so I'll definitely be at the MSG shows (thanks to the TenClub!) and figure something out in time for the 2004 U2 Tour, lol!!!

FYI: Pearl Jam just announced another show!!!! PNC Bank Arts Center, Monday, July 14th.......(Sleater Kinner opening)
Old 05-07-2003, 11:09 AM   #120
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by STING2
I'll be at Pearl Jams last show in the United States at Hershey which happens to be right next to my hometown. The staff at Hershey are rather stiff, but I'm hoping PJ will top the 3 hour 25 minute performance I saw at Penn State last Saturday. Its the last show of the tour in the USA it looks like and I hope they make it special.
Not the last show anymore...sorry. They just added 7-14 in Holmdel, NJ as well as 7-17 and 7-18 in Mexico City. Rumor of more added dates after Mexico, with the final date in Seattle.