MERGED-->All Current Pearl Jam Discussion Here (Including Tour) - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-27-2003, 05:03 PM   #91
Refugee

Local Time: 11:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by IWasBored
i would just like to say, wow that thread was merged with this one fast
I wish threads were not merged all the time! *sigh* They just get too long.. new one are more fresh! But anyway.... I'll be quiet before someone tells me something!

I'm glad you had a good time wannabe!! That article was awesome!! It just makes me more I can't wait to see them in 2 months!!

Old 04-27-2003, 09:53 PM   #92
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:02 PM
hey PJ fans. I heard Eddy sing on the radio twice this past weekend, live perfomances.
One from a recent PJ tour of Oz performing with Mark Seymour , the singer from Hunters and Collectors who wrote the song"Throw Your Arms Around Me" and as a surprsie specail guest of Ben Harper performance 2 years ago. Very cool.
Just thought I'd tell you that.

Old 04-27-2003, 09:55 PM   #93
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:02 PM
that would be
surprise
and
special it certainly was

sorry musiclovers my typing when I am in a hurry hasn't improved at all.
Old 04-28-2003, 05:04 AM   #94
Refugee

Local Time: 06:02 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by cass
hey PJ fans. I heard Eddy sing on the radio twice this past weekend, live perfomances.
One from a recent PJ tour of Oz performing with Mark Seymour , the singer from Hunters and Collectors who wrote the song"Throw Your Arms Around Me" and as a surprsie specail guest of Ben Harper performance 2 years ago. Very cool.
Just thought I'd tell you that.
OMG Cass!!!!
I freakin had a journal entry specifically addressing this verision of "Throw Your Arms Around Me" and how Mark and Eddie dueted on it. But no one seemed interested here. I posted the full lyrics and all. But to no avail, it didn't shake anyone here.
Hail hail to PJ. They've made their dues. This band never seems to surprise me with their new sounds and all. Want grunge? Want another Ten and Vs?
Well it aint gonna happen. Accept it and move on. They've grown up and there's no going back. Welcome to the real world.
If you need evidence on how much PJ has changed, just check out "You Are" on Riot Act. It'll make all the grunge wannabees keel over. Doesn't sound like PJ at all. Not at all.
And now time for a pic of Eddie opening for U2 in Rome, July 1993.

Attached Thumbnails
roma93a.jpg  
Old 04-28-2003, 10:57 AM   #95
MBH
Acrobat

Big Grin Pearl Jam is coming to town!!!!

Very excited to see one of my favorite and one of the more underappreciated (of late) bands this Wednesday, Pearl Jam. Going to see them at Nassau Colieseum here on Long Island and I can't wait!!!

Since they have not toured a great deal in the past, I have only seen them once (Jones Beach, summer-2000). I even joined the tenclub (PJ fan club) to get tix for the NYC (MSG) shows this July. I wish U2 did something like that. It (joining the fan club) enabled me to get guaranteed seats (2) for any show on the tour at a reasonable price ($45 per show).

I could go off into a tangent on how PJ should be more popular but considering that it is a waste of time (and partially the band's fault anyway), it's not worth it.

Hope to see ya at the show!!!
Old 04-28-2003, 11:01 AM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

| Moved: Pearl Jam is coming to town!!!!
Old 04-30-2003, 10:54 AM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:02 AM
Just got back to Boston from last night's Albany show.
Great show, great seats thanks to Ten Club (2nd row dead center).
Can't wait till July till they hit Beantown.

And friggin' cow-man was there too WTF. (New Englanders will know who he is, he seems to be at every concert, never figured he'd graze that far west though).
Old 04-30-2003, 11:16 AM   #98
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 02:02 PM
take a bottle pass it round
drink it down

i think that's how it goes...got an mp3 from new orleans, f**kin amazing with that stairway solo. re-got SOLAT, remembered why it was one of my favourite songs in the first place. and breath. what a great song breath is.
Old 04-30-2003, 01:42 PM   #99
Blue Crack Distributor

goin' to the show at the nassau coliseum tonight... just found out an hour ago... woo hoo!
Old 04-30-2003, 03:23 PM   #100
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by yertle-the-turtle
take a bottle pass it round
drink it down

i think that's how it goes.
Its actually "take a bottle, drink it down, pass it around"
Old 05-01-2003, 10:43 AM   #101
Blue Crack Distributor

great show at the coliseum last night... up until the 2nd encore. eddie came out in the bush mask, put it on the microphone stand, didn't impale it like he did in denver, but did feed it a bottle of wine... then he went off on a little tirade about his right to free speech... for such a great show, it was a shame that they had to go out like that... the booos in the 2nd encore were deffinetly louder than the cheers.
Old 05-01-2003, 11:31 AM   #102
MBH
Acrobat

What's up Headache,

I too went to the PJ show last night. Overall, it was one of the best concerts that I've seen and a great night in general.

In regard to the political rhetoric and booing: I do agree it was a bit of a buzz-kill (both technically and literally!!!) since the show was going great and had flow until that point: the place was packed, it was a beautiful day (no pun intended) and their sound was impeccable.

I was discussing this with my friend as we left and he said that he "the show was great until Eddie had to pull that shit....."

I understand people becoming frustrated when an artist makes political remarks (especially ones that might be in the minority) b/c most people want to just unwind and listen to music.

However, I tried to explaiin to my friend that is why we listen and support such bands like PJ (and U2, Rage, etc....) in the first place: the are substantial and have something to say. G-d knows that my generation (I'm 25) and the younger generation need a voice (especially in rock music) now more than ever. The voice needs to be there whether we agree with the opinion or not.

My friend went on to say, "....then he was trying to get the crowd on his side by chanting USA at the end of the show...."

Obviously, my friend clearly missed the point. If anyone took the time to listen to what Eddie was saying, his point was that America is such unique and great place because of our rights and independence to voice our opinion!!! PJ's cover of the Clash's "Know Your Rights" only echoed those sentiments....

Curious to hear your (and anyones else's) thoughts on this.....what a show@!!!!
Old 05-03-2003, 10:18 PM   #103
Blue Crack Distributor

i agree 100% with eddie's right to free speech... but i find it a little hypocritical that he in turn gets pissed off when the crowd exercises their own right of free speech and booo's eddie's opinions.

political opinions are fine, i just find eddie's actions that night to be inappropriate and out of line. that said, i do believe he has the right to say/do what he wants, but then we have the right to boo him.

on a side note... mcready announced on a radio station in buffalo that after wed's show @ the coliseum the band will no longer play bu$hleaguer live. so i guess they got the point.
Old 05-04-2003, 04:47 PM   #104
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

PEARL JAM PLAY FOR NEARLY 4 HOURS AT PENN STATE!

Pearl Jam played for nearly 4 hours at Penn State last night! It was an amazing show and funny too. After the Second Encore, the young kids of Penn State figured the band was done and half of them began leaving the Arena. Pearl Jam comes out and plays for another full hour. It was so funny to watch thousands of people walk up the steps and leave only to return minutes later!

Pearl Jam played 34 songs last night in addition to some open Jamming.
Old 05-04-2003, 07:11 PM   #105
Refugee

Local Time: 11:02 PM
OHMYEDDIE!! Nearly 4 hours? Damn! Coooooo!! 34 freakin' songs! DAMN! Awesome!!!