MERGED-->All Current Pearl Jam Discussion Here (Including Tour)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right I put on Yield again today. I think from Low Light on the songs are all brilliant. It's a great big four - Low Light, In Hiding, Push Me Pull Me and All Those Yesterdays. Not discounting the rest of the album, but these four have fast become my favourites. Also lots of love to 'Long Road'.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Right I put on Yield again today. I think from Low Light on the songs are all brilliant. It's a great big four - Low Light, In Hiding, Push Me Pull Me and All Those Yesterdays. Not discounting the rest of the album, but these four have fast become my favourites. Also lots of love to 'Long Road'.

:hyper: I'm so proud of you!!! I love all those songs! Actually, I love the album YIELD. Its my favorite PJ album! :hyper:

Okay -

PLEBA has stolen this thread - I am going to try and steal it back.....

I "should" have tickets to the Saint Paul (Minneapolis) show. I work part time at the arena it is playing at - and I put a request in for tickets...so I should be going June 16.

:angry: Not PLEBA! I don't even visit that scary place! :no:

I like to think of it as Vedderizing the thread! :sexywink:

Goodluck on getting those tickets!! :hyper: Will they be good seats, since you work there? I hope so!! :D

yertle-the-turtle said:
If anyone can find an mp3 of PJ's live version of Know Your Rights, post it here. I'm interested in hearing it.

Wow, me too!!!

yertle-the-turtle said:
If anyone can find an mp3 of PJ's live version of Know Your Rights, post it here. I'm interested in hearing it.
Being the PJ freak that I am....I bought all of their boots up to date...so I've got all the shows from the recent tour in Australia and Japan!:drool:
The quality is just out of this world:drool:
They covered The Clash's "Know Your Rights" twice...at one of their Melbourne shows and another in Japan, I think...hold on...I'll be right back to let you know exactly which shows because right now I'm :der: on which ones exactly. All I gotta say here is that Eddie nailed Joe Strummer to a freakin "T". :up:

Okay...

the 2 shows they did "Know your rights" are:
Feb 20th in Melbourne
Mar 3rd in Budokan, Tokyo Japan.
All their setlists to the first 15 shows on the tours thus far can be found here:
http://www.sonymusic.com/artists/PearlJam/fanscene/set2003.html#030603
And if you're really interested...each bootleg is a 2cd set...and at a low price you can order the official copies at:
www.pearljambootlegs.com
Budokan is a great one to have because they also covered Cat Steven's "Don't Be Shy"....Eddie sounds like an angel :angel: in that cover.:wave:

Last edited:
Why has This Thread Died???????!!

I saw Pearl Jam in West Palm Beach last night...it was incredible!
What a night. Perfect weather for a concert. Eddie treated the crowd to a pre-opening act performance of "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away".......This thread should be back at the top of page 1....who else is going to see them? Not just me..!!???

West Palm Beach/April 11, 2003

Long Road
Breakerfall
Corduroy
Animal
Save You
Given To Fly
Cropduster
Even Flow
Small Town
LBC
Ghost
Whipping
Untitled
MFC
You Are
1/2 Full
State of Love and Trust
Alive

Encore Break

Last Exit
Patriot
Betterman
Down
Glorified G
Do The Evolution

Encore Break 2

Daughter
Yellow Ledbetter
Baba O'Riley

Last edited:
Re: Why has This Thread Died???????!!

Nate Dogg said:
I saw Pearl Jam in West Palm Beach last night...it was incredible!
What a night. Perfect weather for a concert. Eddie treated the crowd to a pre-opening act performance of "You've Got To Hide Your Love Away".......This thread should be back at the top of page 1....who else is going to see them? Not just me..!!???

West Palm Beach/April 11, 2003

Long Road
Breakerfall
Corduroy
Animal
Save You
Given To Fly
Cropduster
Even Flow
Small Town
LBC
Ghost
Whipping
Untitled
MFC
You Are
1/2 Full
State of Love and Trust
Alive

Encore Break

Last Exit
Patriot
Betterman
Down
Glorified G
Do The Evolution

Encore Break 2

Daughter
Yellow Ledbetter
Baba O'Riley

:drool:
:applaud:
:faint:
Yes!
This thread should be at the freakin top! :yes:

I'm going to see them 6 times coming up!!:hyper:
I can't wait!
About this show you saw...since I ordered all the official boots for this leg of the tour(all at an amazing price 12.98 US dollars for 2cd set)...I just got the link for this show for the unmastered mp3's...I'm going to download and burn it tonight!
They better have put "Hide Your Love Away" on it. :hyper:
Glad you enjoyed the show...Pearl Jam always puts on a great one! :hug: :wave:

mmmBono said:

How did you like it, Carrie?
:hug:

:wave: Hi Autumn!

Well.. I prefer honesty over anything, and I really think PJ were perhaps having an "off" night at the Tampa show... Please don't be mad at me!!! I just felt that their hearts were'nt in it that night. But hey, they sounded great, they opened with "Elderly Woman," and the crowd was really into it... I just don't think the band were that night.

Oh my...Carrie..don't be silly...I fully appreciate your honesty!:hug:
I would never get mad over something as trivial as that!
They have their off nights just like anyone else...I'm sorry it happened at the show you attended. :hug:
I hope you had good seats atleast :D
It is beyond me how they can play 3 nights in a row...2+ hours each time :no: Fri they were in W. Palm Beach....Sat at the Orlando House of Blues(amazing webcast by the way)...and then Tampa on Sunday. :coocoo:

mmmBono said:
Oh my...Carrie..don't be silly...I fully appreciate your honesty!:hug:
I would never get mad over something as trivial as that!
They have their off nights just like anyone else...I'm sorry it happened at the show you attended. :hug:
I hope you had good seats atleast :D
It is beyond me how they can play 3 nights in a row...2+ hours each time :no: Fri they were in W. Palm Beach....Sat at the Orlando House of Blues(amazing webcast by the way)...and then Tampa on Sunday. :coocoo:

:hug: Awww.. thanks :) It's always hard to be honest, bc you never want to offend someone, ya know? Anywho...

They only played for maybe 1 hr 45mins.. And took a verrrry long break before the first encore. Something just felt very off. Judging by their back to back nights, I'd imagine they were exhausted.

FWIW, it was really cool to see them. They closed with Yellow Ledbetter which was very cool :up: :sad:

Awww, that's cool HelloAngel! :hug: Like Autumn said they do have their off nights! They are a bit crazy playing so many shows back to back. I hope you see them again when they are having a better night! :)

HelloAngel said:

:hug: Awww.. thanks :) It's always hard to be honest, bc you never want to offend someone, ya know? Anywho...

They only played for maybe 1 hr 45mins.. And took a verrrry long break before the first encore. Something just felt very off. Judging by their back to back nights, I'd imagine they were exhausted.

FWIW, it was really cool to see them. They closed with Yellow Ledbetter which was very cool :up: :sad:

:applaud: your honesty....no offense was taken:hug:
1 hr 45 mins? :shocked: That's a short show (as far as PJ is concerned).
I'm not going to make excuses for them...but they must have been exhausted. I know the show for West Palm Beach was in or around 2 hrs. 15 mins...and the show they did in Orlando was 2 hrs. 26 mins....so in all honesty they must have been pooped. :lol:
If you saw that webcast from the Orlando club show...Eddie gave it his all and then some....so I don't think he recuperated in time for Tampa. :crack:
By the way....what does FWIW stand for? Please excuse the typical dumbass question coming from me! :help:

Fan or not, attempt to see Pearl Jam this tour

I saw them Friday night in Cleveland and they were ON. Completely amazing. You will get a really solid performance guaranteed.

Seattle band performs in 'even flow'

04/26/03

John Soeder
Plain Dealer Pop Music Critic

Pearl Jam has a history of memorable performances in these parts.

We got our first good look at the Seattle band in 1991, when it opened for the Red Hot Chili Peppers at Music Hall and Pearl Jam frontman Eddie Vedder ended up in the mosh pit. The following year, the group went from headlining Peabody's DownUnder to making the best of a muddy Lollapalooza a few months later at Blossom Music Center.

Fans still talk about those gigs.

And they won't soon forget Pearl Jam's concert last night at Gund Arena, either.

The band got its groove on with "Can't Keep," a moody, midtempo tune from its latest album, "Riot Act."

Pearl Jam was firing on all pistons by the second number, "Corduroy." "Can't buy what I want because it's . . . peace!" the 38-year-old Vedder sang, tweaking the lyrics in light of current events. His trembling yet powerful voice reached every corner of the packed arena.

He was ably accompanied by guitarists Stone Gossard and Mike McCready, bass player Jeff Ament and drummer Matt Cameron.

"Even Flow," complete with a blistering solo by McCready, got the grunge nostalgia flowing as freely as the wine Vedder swigged throughout the show. Ditto "Jeremy" and "Alive," two other flannel-flying anthems from the band's 1991 debut, "Ten," which sold 11 million copies.

For Pearl Jam, those multiplatinum days are gone. But these guys haven't lost their edge - and they're not content merely to coast on past glories.

If anything, they've become more punk over the years. "Save You," "Do the Evolution" and other lively rockers were delivered with energetic abandon.

Keyboardist Boom Gaspar sat in on several numbers, including the exotic "I Am Mine" and "Love Boat Captain." The latter tune made effective use of dynamics and found Vedder quoting the Beatles: "All you need is love."

The band shifted gears for the lilting, folk-tinged "Elderly Woman Behind the Counter in a Small Town." "Thumbing My Way" was another mellow highlight.

Two hours after the show started, Pearl Jam was still going strong. An extended set of encores got under way with "You Are," a pulsating new song, and built to a climax with dramatic renditions of "Animal" and "Black," as well as impassioned covers of Steven Van Zandt's "I Am a Patriot," the Police's "Driven to Tears" and "Sonic Reducer" by Cleveland's Dead Boys.

Nirvana is no more. Neither are Alice in Chains and Soundgarden.

So let's hear it for Pearl Jam. They've outlived the rest of the grunge pack without losing any of their fire.

If you're kicking yourself for missing this concert - well, you should be. But take heart: Pearl Jam is selling "bootleg" CDs of every show on this tour on its Web site: www.pearljam.com.

Opening act Sparta featured former members of emo-rock darlings At the Drive In, including singer-guitarist Jim Ward.

Mixing hypnotic, elegiac hooks with noisy outbursts, the quintet from El Paso, Texas, got the gathering throng's attention without stealing Pearl Jam's thunder.

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainm....ssf?/base/entertainment/1051349961308050.xml

oh fuck don't do this to me. my best friend emailed saying her boy friend got tickets but gave one of his friends the ticket that was suppsed to me mine.

la la la la la la la i can't hear you la la la la la la la la la la

i would just like to say, wow that thread was merged with this one fast

Back
Top Bottom