MERGED-->All Current Pearl Jam Discussion Here (Including Tour) - Page 17 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-20-2003, 05:03 AM   #241
Refugee

Local Time: 01:46 PM

I'm getting the audio bootleg...I'm talking the actual video...
You didn't have a good time tonight?

Old 07-20-2003, 05:07 AM   #242
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 07:46 AM
was great
but... I enjoyed it sitting, because I only knew 4 songs, I know that for the fans that waited for 10 years was huge, and more tonight... 3 hours!...

Vedder said bad words in Spanish

Old 07-20-2003, 12:49 PM   #243
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 02:46 PM
Hello,

Yesterday I bought the recording from State College, Pennsylvania from May 3rd 2003. This is one of the few that's officially released in the shops (in contrast to the Internet where you can buy all the shows). I have to say it sounds good, again (I also have 16 shows from 2000, so that's for reference material). I'm only listening to it for the first time though. I mean, 3CD's do take some time to get through.

I still don't know why I haven't seen them live before. OK, last time it was a bit awkward here in the Netherlands as the final show should have been in Rotterdam, but the tour was cut short because of Roskilde (understandable). But next time I think I'll be there!

C ya!

Marty
Old 07-20-2003, 04:17 PM   #244
Refugee

jack in the box...yah...I heard that he spoke alot in Spanish...this I gotta hear I'm sorry you didn't know any more songs....but for next time, what you gotta do is listen to a crap load of PJ before the show.
Popmartijn...great choice in boots Hey..you never know..they might be coming your way this fall...there's already a ton of rumours about them going to Europe...I know that Paris...Italy and Poland are already on the rumour mill!!!
And here's a pic from the press conference they did in Mexico
Eddie and his glasses...reminds me of Bono
Old 07-21-2003, 12:54 AM   #245
Refugee

Local Time: 06:46 AM
Awesome POpmartijn, you must tell us how you like the boots after you've had a time to listen to them! And you MUST MUST MUST MUST (I can't stress this enough) MUST SEE THEM LIVE SOMETIME!!!

Old 07-21-2003, 01:08 AM   #246
Refugee

Eddie actually tried to talk in Spanish the whole time and you know what he pretty much did with a few English words here and there! LMAO That is so awesome of him! One time he got stuck in a spanish word and the whole crowd helped him with it! it's hilarious!!!

And all the "Eddie Eddie Eddie " chants!

Awww, Stone's B-day song was so nice! LOL "STONE STONE STONE" LOL

I wanna see this on video!! and I hope soon I will!
Old 07-21-2003, 03:13 AM   #247
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Mrs. Vedder
Awesome POpmartijn, you must tell us how you like the boots after you've had a time to listen to them! And you MUST MUST MUST MUST (I can't stress this enough) MUST SEE THEM LIVE SOMETIME!!!

Hello,

Well, it took me some time yesterday, but I got to listen to all of it (once). Hey, it is a 3+ hours concert. And it's again a great one. Sure, there are some mistakes here and there, but there's also some awesome playing.
In a way there isn't much difference with the 2000 tour (except for the new songs, but there are only 4 of them on this set), but since that tour was also very good it doesn't matter that much. I do have to say that I thought I heard some keyboards on some of the tracks, so does anyone know if they had an extra musician with them this time?
After one listen it's too early for me to single out any highlights, but I do have to say that some tracks had very extended versions (RVM, Daughter, Betterman, Porch).

And yes, I think I do have to see them live in the (near) future. I've read about the rumours, but I've also read about signs that there will not be a European tour for this album. We just have to wait and see...

Marty (who hopes that the concert with that pre-set will also be released)
Old 07-21-2003, 03:47 AM   #248
Refugee

Cool! Glad you liked them! And yes the keyboard sounds come from Kenneth "Boom" Gaspar, a friend of Vedder's. He's from Hawaii and plays a killer Hammond B3. If you hear songs on the album like "Love Boat Captain" you can hear Booms playing in there. He was added to their tours to add keyboards to old tunes like "betterman," "black" and Crazy Mary." He does a really great solo in Crazy Marry! Very cool!!
Old 07-21-2003, 04:00 AM   #249
Refugee

Here's some more pics from Mexico:

http://www.greenapple.on.ca/%7eferna...es/index2.html

click on "latest work" and there they are!!

--
Old 07-21-2003, 05:20 AM   #250
War Child

I have 6 boots from the aussie/japan tour,

NewOrleans, Pittsburgh, Philly, Buffalo, Uniondale, and State College from Leg1,

and just ordered Irvine1, Vegas, Montreal, Mansfield 1,2,&3, Camden1, MSG1&2, Hershey, Holmdel, and Mexico1&3 from Leg2.

Yeah, did I mention I like these guys?

U2 MUST do something like this for next time. even if it isn't every show, just some of the better performances.
Old 07-21-2003, 03:43 PM   #251
Blue Crack Supplier

BTW, I should add that now I have the Pennsylvania show I finally could place a snippet U2 played long ago. When I heard Pearl Jam play Gimme Some Truth (a John Lennon song, IIRC) I thought to myself "Hey, I know this!" Bono often sang a part of this at the end of Wire during the Unforgettable Fire tour. I never knew whether it was a Bono original or a snippet from another artist. Well, now I do know. FWIW, the Pearl Jam version of Gimme Some Truth is quite good, as is their version of Fortunate Son (another song U2 covered before).

C ya!

Marty
Old 07-21-2003, 05:42 PM   #252
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Clark W. Griswold, Jr
I have 6 boots from the aussie/japan tour,

NewOrleans, Pittsburgh, Philly, Buffalo, Uniondale, and State College from Leg1,

and just ordered Irvine1, Vegas, Montreal, Mansfield 1,2,&3, Camden1, MSG1&2, Hershey, Holmdel, and Mexico1&3 from Leg2.

Yeah, did I mention I like these guys?

U2 MUST do something like this for next time. even if it isn't every show, just some of the better performances.
Awesome Clark W. Griswold Jr!!! I was at Irvine 1 and it was a good concert! My favorite of all the ones I saw!!

I hope U2 would do something like this! That would be awesome!!
Old 07-21-2003, 05:44 PM   #253
Refugee

Quote:
Originally posted by Popmartijn
BTW, I should add that now I have the Pennsylvania show I finally could place a snippet U2 played long ago. When I heard Pearl Jam play Gimme Some Truth (a John Lennon song, IIRC) I thought to myself "Hey, I know this!" Bono often sang a part of this at the end of Wire during the Unforgettable Fire tour. I never knew whether it was a Bono original or a snippet from another artist. Well, now I do know. FWIW, the Pearl Jam version of Gimme Some Truth is quite good, as is their version of Fortunate Son (another song U2 covered before).

C ya!

Marty
I love PJ's version of Gimmie some truth! It was a Christmas single too for the ten club!! I just love it! I got to hear PJ cover "Fortunate Son" at Irvine 2!! With Jack Irons on drums! Very cool! I've always loved that song by CCR!!
Old 07-22-2003, 04:38 AM   #254
Refugee

Eddie with his luchador mask!

Old 07-24-2003, 08:49 AM   #255
Refugee

Local Time: 08:46 AM
wow, that mask is kind of scary