MERGED-->All Current Pearl Jam Discussion Here (Including Tour)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Mrs. Vedder said:
kinda like what U2 did for elevation only they came out with the lights on.... :D
U2 actually started doing this on the Joshua Tree tour, when they would come out while "Stand By Me" was playing on the PA and start playing along.

I posted this in the other thread, but I just listened to the last NJ show again, and Eddie played a song Growin Up and dedicated it to Bruce Springsteen. Is this a Bruce song, it sounded like one, boy did it sound good.

As a side note, I will never tire of hearing Yellow Ledbetter. When I saw PJ back in the early 90's the song was just released as that B-side and at the show I was at Eddie asked the crowd what they should play next and some girl said Yellow Ledbetter. eddie and the band were very very surprised, and they threw the song together.

The fact they are closing with it now, 10 years later, to me is truly brilliant...

ouizy said:
I posted this in the other thread, but I just listened to the last NJ show again, and Eddie played a song Growin Up and dedicated it to Bruce Springsteen. Is this a Bruce song, it sounded like one, boy did it sound good.

Hello,

Yes, this is a Bruce Springsteen song. The original version is on the Greetings From Asbury Park, N.J. album and a :censored: good live version is on the Live 1975-1985 (with a great story in the middle, ask LarryMullen's_POPAngel about it :) ).

As for Yellow Ledbetter, I have the Jeremy single (which has YL as the B-side, along with Footsteps another great song) and I agree. It's wonderful that after 10+ years they can still end a concert with a song that was originally a B-side.

C ya!

Marty

ahhh i fonly we could get our hands on some boots of the pj shows when they opened for u2 on that zoo-tv tour... sigh.

hmmm... now here's one to get the mouth's salivating...
pearl jam's long awaited double-cd rareites album is due out around christmas, and they are expected to tour again in 2004...

u2's new album is expected out by early 2004 at the latest, and they too are expected to tour in 2004...

hmmmmm...

me thinks a pj-u2 show at this point in both of their careers, and in america, would do quite well

ahhh but alas... it's just a fantasy... it's not the real thing

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
ahhh i fonly we could get our hands on some boots of the pj shows when they opened for u2 on that zoo-tv tour... sigh.

hmmm... now here's one to get the mouth's salivating...
pearl jam's long awaited double-cd rareites album is due out around christmas, and they are expected to tour again in 2004...

u2's new album is expected out by early 2004 at the latest, and they too are expected to tour in 2004...

hmmmmm...

me thinks a pj-u2 show at this point in both of their careers, and in america, would do quite well

ahhh but alas... it's just a fantasy... it's not the real thing
well here's my vote on wishing that fantasy would become a reality. :faint:
Could you just imagine these 2 bands on tour together...or atleast doing a couple of shows together?
My coronary would be inevitable. :faint:

Back
Top Bottom