MERGED-->All Current Interference Book Reading Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Currently reading?

I'm taking a Movies From and as Literature course, so I just finished up In the Name of the Father . We're watching the movie next Wednesday, it'll be a nice diversion from all of the flicks we've been watching in black and white that skip on the VCR and give me a headache. Not to mention the U2 connections, and it's a damn good book.

After that, it's off to write a term paper on A Clockwork Orange , and once that is finished, I'm going to read Lolita and some King Arthur book my cousin gave me for my birthday.

I'm currently reading The Corrections and Live From New York (history of Saturday Night Live).

Lolita is one of my all time favorite books. :heart:

Currently: I just finished Surfacing by Margaret Atwood and Measure for Measure by Shakespeare.

Next, onto Othello and A Question of Power.

yes, these are school books. I don't think my bio textbook counts. I wish I had time to read real books...*sigh*

I'm finishing up Dubliners by James Joyce.

About a Boy is such a great book, I love Nick Hornby's writing style! I've read all four of his books and cannot wait for something new.

[COLOR=royal blue]Hooray for time to read what I want to read, INSTEAD of school books :tongue:
[/COLOR]

Worst Book Ever...

OK I got this idear from Unforgettable Lemon's book thread....

What's the worst book you ever HAD to read....like for school?

For me, Flatland by....I don't even remember who wrote it. I also didn't like The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho or Annie Dillard's The Pilgrim at Tinker Creek.

:crack:

I'm reading "In the Hand of Dante: A Novel" by Nick Toches and "Word Freak: Heartbreak, Triumph, Genius, and Obsession in the World of Competitive Scrabble Players" by Stefan Fatsis.

Both excellent reads....I highly recommend them both.

Last edited:
See, I'm lucky... I am reading three of those books for school... but they were still my choices. And my girlfriend has my LOTR.

KhanadaRhodes said:
dracula, or old man and the sea.

I've read Dracula about 6 times. I loooooooove it. :p But I haven't read the Old Man and the Sea. I do however, look forward to more Hemingway, as I just finished the uber-depressing A Farewell to Arms

I'm half way through a book about the 1994 genocide in Rwanda: We Wish to Inform You That Tomorrow We Will be Killed With Our Families: Stories from Rwanda by Philip Gourevitch.

It's astonishing, frightening and hugely thought-provoking.

Unfortunately, with the semester upon me I don't have time to read non-school related books. I look forward to the summer when I can read some things for my own enjoyment!

a farewell to arms! yes, i must read that, though i have no idea whats its even about!

all i know is that jonny greenwood has a shirt that has those words on it, and i know the nazi's hated it. it was prominently featured their book burnings.

I could barely get through Fathers and Sons by Ivan Sergeevich Turgenev and I had a tough time with The Bull from the Sea by Mary Renault. I was in 8th grade though.

I think I need to try again.

MissVelvetDress_75 said:
fast food nation is on my list next. my brother has told me about it and because of that book i am no longer eating at any fast food chains or eating hamburgers again. :|
yeah unfortunately i haven't got to the good stuff yet. all i've found out is that dave thomas and ray kroc were high school dropouts woo!! intriguing stuff! :laugh:

UnforgettableLemon said:
I've read Dracula about 6 times.
blah, i meant frankenstein, sorry. i've never even read dracula! :laugh:

but frankenstein, man that sucked. we had to read it for 9th grade, and we all hated it. our teacher was so cool, he actually apologized for us having to read the crappy book and gave us an easy test. :D

old man and the sea was so horrible i couldn't even finish the damn thing. i made a 20 on my test because of that.

college rules, i don't have to read books (well, except those huge things they pass off as textbooks) for class anymore, so i can read what *i* want. :D

Worst book I ever had to read was The House on Mango Street my freshman year of high school. It was so awful I thought I was going to die reading it. :combust:

madonna's child said:
The Fellowship of the Ring
:reject:

Me too. I haven't read it since 8th grade and I needed a refresher. Up next (besides The Two Towers) is The Life of Pi by Yann Martel. A friend recommended it to me highly and it's a Booker Prize winner which I usually seem to like, so I'm really looking forward to reading it. :)

Back
Top Bottom