MERGED-->All Current Interference Book Reading Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i found my library card...i should not be allowed to have that many pockets in my coat...

:reject:

I think Wilbur Smith is a U2 fan...and Savage Garden. He borrowed some of their lyrics for THE love scene...' bout time.

i think ed kowalczyk is a u2 fan...on live's "V" album...there's "in a dream i had/ i was on the stage with queen, micheal stipe, and elton john, bono, springsteen/ singing 'hallelujah, rock and roll is king' "

and then i can think of two more lines in another song off that album...

and then when i saw them on the last tour, kowalczyk was talking about bands that are really important to them, he ran around stage going "U2 U2" alternating between making a u shape with his hand and a peace-sign-two...

books! this is the book thread...let's see, well, being a live fan, a friend and i nearly pillaged every bookshop in new england (with the help of her brother) to find j. krishnamurti's "you are the world"...

and i'm reading "angela's ashes" now...i was sitting reading in the library and almost forgot to go to latin class :ohmy:

Ok, I feel really literary after all of this stuff....

I just finished the Saturday Night Live history, and am on Chapter 2 of The Ground Beneath Her Feet (a book I attempted last summer, but after weeks of reading breezy British fiction, it was a bit too heavy). I loved the SNL book and am loving TGBHF. :love: :up:

I tried the Great Gatsby. It didn't do it for me. :der:

i managed to avoid the class that read the great gatsby in high school. seems like everyone else took that class.

great read

:heart: Ormus:heart:
:heart: Vina:heart:
I seem to recall ( it was a while ago now ) there was talk of it being made in to a movie. I was curious who would play Ormus?
The scene where he sings TGBHF:sad: :sad:
I have only managed to get halfway thru Midnight's Children..my eyes started going fuzzy, it made reading a book hard work. I must get back in to that one. There was a scene with a doctor in the movie "Kandaha" that reminded me of Midnight's Children:sad:
I know Taita is going to have to die by the end of the book I'm reading now:sad: I get so attached to some literary characters.
Not sure what to read next.....good fun.

Back
Top Bottom