Merged --- > $65 is just a bit flamin much... + yes, gas prices suck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah and its cute manda! But that would mean you only have about a 30-35 litre tank...Mine needs about 5 litres of fuel just to start up.

Slight exageration, but you get the point lol.

I want a small car too, or a shetland. :)

I don't know angela...did you watch "Kath and Kym"?
She had a horse and cart ( I mean pumpkin coach for her fairy tale wedding..and look what happened)
I think 300 horse power under the bonnet, in the long run, may be cheaper, than one in the paddock.
I am ashamed of how much petrol we burn each week. I try to stay home and car pool when i do go out, but the boys have to go to work and school.
I think where I live, a sailing boat may be more useful. You'd just have to leave for work at about 2 am and hope the wind was favourable.

PS: had to come back and say , with all the hot air I generate, I may be able to fill my own sails. No worries mate:lmao:

Last edited:
PS @ your use of the word 'flamin'"
I:heart: it.
I used to make earrings for guy, echidnas, goannas and platypus, made out of wire and silver -plated. He displayed them on black card and hand-wrote in silver ink his company name, it always made me laugh..."Very Flamin' Original"
I quit on the animal earrings, could never get the echidna's toes right.
I wouldn't mind betting you have seen some of it for sale at markets.He was the original $2 dummy man. I used to do wire bracelets and rings with little beads on them, made thousands of the things. Must all be lurking in someone's jewelry box, somewhere!!!

lmao @ kath and kym. That show was hilarious. The wedding was even funnier than kym's wedding preparations!

Everyime I hear someone use the word 'flamin' I think of Alf from home and away or ted bullpitt. Leave your money on the fridge. Ahhh Kingswood country. Why dont they bring that gem back to tv?

That is so cool about the jewellry! I dont think I have any, but I am sure I saw them at some stage at our local markets. I love markets!

Ahhh...the joys of living in Brissie, the land of cheap fuel. I filled up my tank at 70c per litre today ladies. :dance::dance::dance: You guys are well into the 90s now arent you?:lmao:

Alf: "thats me flamin wife in there"

*uttered whilst house is in fire

you sydneysiders need to graduate up from those lower class soaps... to something quality... like, i dont know... neighbours?

and as for brisvegas.... the only reason fuel is cheap is cause there is a glut of pauline hanson highly flammable hairspray now being sold as petrol :lmao:

This thread makes me listen to Miami....

We got the wheels, petrol is cheap
We only went there for a week...

By the way 250 pesos one tank, and I can go and come back from Acapulco.

Sicy said:
4 cylinder
oooh...well if you were asking me...yes. :D

i have an old 89 camry so i suppose that is why...methinks they make them in V6 now. but if all goes well i will get either a corolla or a beetle (i really want this!! *jumps up and down excitedly*)

yes, gas prices suck

:madspit: I drive a 1986 oldsmobile and I pay around $22 a tank, the gas prices here are $1.39 a gallon right now but they will skyrocket by the weekend. It truly sucks the big one but what can you do?:macdevil: :scream: :macdevil:

The prices here are about 30 cents more than that per gallon...then again, the shape my car is in, gas is the least of my worries...I feel ya.:help:

bono_man said:
Ahhh...the joys of living in Brissie, the land of cheap fuel. I filled up my tank at 70c per litre today ladies. :dance::dance::dance: You guys are well into the 90s now arent you?:lmao:

and the Sunshine Coast (90ks north of Brisbane) is generally even cheaper than Bris Vegas!!!!!

I have an 84 mazda 323 and whilst it runs on super (leaded fuel) I generally only put about 20 bucks in a week and that is almost a full tank and I do heaps of driving, cause the sunshine coast is a very long place where one most definetley needs a car, but in the past I have had very un-economical cars and that sucked big time and since my first car which was a fuel chewer my number one priority with cars is fuel efficiency and my mazda does this well- like the other week I drove down to Brisbane for the weekend and did heaps of driving around the city for $15- cool hey!!!!:)

:sad: I had a '97 monte carlo in great shape and great gas mileage, but I got in an accident and totaled it. Some dumb chick who was stoned out of her mind ran a stop sign and t-boned me doing about 60! Let me say this "that will leave a mark!":sad: :grumpy:

hopefully i will be able to get my beetle...because i want to get the diesel one. diesel around here is as much or cheaper than regular unleaded, and i'll get 50 mph! :D

(although i wish i could afford a hybrid, you get a $2000/year tax cut in america!)

I just have to say..
Monte Carlo? totalled?:(
I had never heard of a monte carlo until last week. My son says he would like one. There is one parked in a yard near here, and hes been covetting thy neighbours monte carlo. So that seems a very sad story to me Kari.(they don't sound terribly fuel efficient to me)

and KR? a beetle. I was having a chuckle on the weekend, thinking back to my senior high school days.I realised ALL my friends drove VW beetles, some straight, some modified , some dune buggies. My goodness, what a posse and what a noise we must have made without realising it.
btw i paid 96c per litre for super gas at my local store this morning
it's still cheaper than orange juice, a thing that surprises me.

hub reads up on alternate fuels a lot( why doesn't he but "interesting magazines"? Electronics Today International...I ask you!!)
There is some really promising R&D going on, but it's the manufacturing cost. They are still unable to make it affordable. Give us time...nanobes might prove to be a fuel source.
anyway, that's enough methane per 1 cass story:D

and a few less typos would save on fuel too......sorry:banghead:

Last edited:
When I went to Europe this summer I was shocked by the gas prices. For what it takes me to fill up my Nissan Maxima (about $24) it would cost about 85-90 in Europe!! Just thinking about that situation makes me dizzy.

Back
Top Bottom