MERGED-->28 Days Later

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

celia

New Yorker
28 Days Later

I saw it the other week and it scared me and my friend...very good I thought, packed with action.

What did everyone else think of it?

Red Ships of Scalla-Festa said:
celiau2, i know wever never talked, but perhaps ill email you and scare you into believing im coming over for dinner tommorow.

lol go on then, what do u want to eat?
Monkey brains is my favourite dish.

I take it you didn't find it scary then...? Did u find the ring scary cos I thought that was crap!

Sorry for interrupting your romance *g*
but.. while watching the movie i thought "well it's ok, not too good", i was a little dissapointed by some logical mistakes and some imho unnecessary constructs in the story (why the heck did they let go him inside that hut while they were refilling the taxi). Some things were too obvious (we all knew pretty early that the father had to die) but...
..it worked, when i drove home i saw some zombies in the moonlight shadow :)

Klaus

i havent seen the movie.

i did, however, have the misfortune of seeing the ring. i hate scary movies. theyre stupid, i know theyre bullshit but they still scare me and i hate that.

Yeah some of it was pretty predictable! Especially that Hut part I agree lol

I think it depends on where, when and with who you watch a film that makes it scary!

I love horror movies but I rarely find any that scare me close to death - I like being scared!

i havent seen the movie.

i did, however, have the misfortune of seeing the ring. i hate scary movies. theyre stupid, i know theyre bullshit but they still scare me and i hate that.

awww dont worry its not real ;)

Saw a preview about a month ago. I liked the flic. The start is great, when hes walking through deserted London, great pictures, great music.

In the end it gets a little weird, especially with those girls in the crazy house waiting to get raped. I mean, was this a sexual fantasy of the director? Very strange, duh.

Alltogether it was ok. I walked out of the cinema and was surprised to see the real world is different. Here.

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:

In the end it gets a little weird, especially with those girls in the crazy house waiting to get raped. I mean, was this a sexual fantasy of the director? Very strange, duh.

Yeah I have to say I think that thing with the 2 girls went on a bit too long and was pretty sick! I think you could be right about the director :huh:

Films have ceased to scare me a long time ago. I could probably create a horror film 100x better than the ones out there, but it would probably get banned for being too scary. :tongue:

Melon

im easily frightened.

which would explain why i have a bag wrapped around my pepe at all times to prevent further embarassing accidents in public places.

Paper or plastic?

Melon

whenhiphopdrovethebigcars said:
Saw a preview about a month ago. I liked the flic. The start is great, when hes walking through deserted London, great pictures, great music.

I thought the movie was decent... they did well not to make it a lengthy exposition. Although, I'm glad I wasn't privy to seeing the guy remove his catheter. Why was he naked anyway? Gratuitous indeed.

Overall, I thought the movie was just an "artsy" (I use that term loosely) rendition of Night Of The Living Dead. With the Good Old Boy's outpost being the only refuge... which of course has no women. I didn't find that part strange at all, but it definitely was a rehashed stereotype of the military.

And damn it, if your in a room full of dead people... would you continually say hello? Get out of there dumbass!

:sexywink:

cujo said:
And damn it, if your in a room full of dead people... would you continually say hello? Get out of there dumbass!

:sexywink:

:lol: that's what i thought too, but the friend of mine who was with me watching the film said he couldn't stop saying "hello" when he feels alone too :)

Klaus

p.s.
celia: if you like to watch stuff that scares you, "The Experiment" might be the right thing :)
http://us.imdb.com/Title?0250258

I guess i don't want to see that movie again ;)

I agree with klaus on this there were some glaring errors....not as bad as t3 which has plot holes I can drive a truck through.

the movie was well made....I just dont' the script was very strong.

I felt cheated. I long to be scared - it's almost as good as a dark comedy or a good tearjerker.

This movie sucked and how dare they classify it as a horror film. It was startling - at times gross - other times dramatic but it was never scary.

Anyone have any real terrifying suggestions. [And if anyone says Freddie vs. Jason I will come over and womp on you! Who are we suppossed to root for anyway? :eyebrow: ]

I really liked their take on the zombie. While most movies would have given you an army of lurching, unkillable zombies, 28 days later gave us slim, toned, athletic zombies.

I was disappointed by the lack of shotguns in this movie. Everyone knows there are three choice weapons for dealing with zombies. Shotguns, chainsaws, and flamethrowers. The machete was a reasonable substitution for the chainsaw, and an exploding gas station was more than sufficient to stand in for the flamethrower. But there were no shotguns. Not one.

For a really good psychological thriller movie, rent Cube. If you do a lot of hallucinogens, rent Cube II: Hypercube. Indie films are always the scariest. Of course, some of us like scaring more than being scared.

There's a Cube II? Oh lordy. I thought the first one was lacking in elements. It was one long drawn out moment of anxiety which lost effect. It had very little story line if not none at all, it just started, then ended. Movies need variants and the first one completely lack all of that.
Is the second one the same concept?

yikes

well I saw 28 days later about two weeks ago. Unforutently I was the only girl in our group, along with my bf and his two buddies. The two other guys happen to be film directors and they thought it was really cool, whereas I......:scream: yah. I think Lee still has my finger nail marks in his arm lol. Oh, and then on top of it, I got to hear the guys talk about how that one guy in the movie didn't need to be nude....blah. I agree it was kind of uh, whatever, but HELLO! It's totally fine with you guys about women being nude in movies but nooooooooooo when its a guy.....shit you all freak out!:eeklaugh:

Back
Top Bottom