MERGED-->24 Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:bump:

tvguide2.jpg

here's a rundown of jack's past accomplishments.. may the golden age never end!

24': Chaos around the clock
By Bill Keveney, USA TODAY
Life, as they say, is cheap. But on 24, it's the blue-light special. Once the clock starts ticking on counterterrorism agent Jack Bauer's day, bodies fly, appendages are severed, and friends and foes alike wail in physical agony. It has been more than three years of mayhem, mutilation and torture by CTU agents, other assorted characters and, of course, Jack, a man intent on saving the world even if he has to kill everyone in it. USA TODAY ticks off some of the more memorable moments.

Season 1: Starts at midnight

12:28 a.m. Moments into the series, Jack sets the tone: He shoots his boss with a tranquilizer gun. A spring-training warm-up.

1 :27 a.m. Jack kills two shooters and cuts off one's thumb for a fingerprint. (Amputation No. 1)

8:09 a.m. Jack stops a car and kidnaps the driver. You take your mass transit where you find it.

11:20 p.m. Jack kills criminals who have been holding his daughter, Kim. When their leader surrenders, Jack blows him away. Somewhere, Charles Bronson is smiling.

11:53 p.m. Jack puts a gun to the head of agent-turned-mistress-turned-mole Nina, who has just killed his wife, Teri. Fatal Attraction has nothing on this pair.

Season 2: Starts at 8 a.m.

8:49 a.m. In need of a housewarming gift to join a terrorist gang, Jack kills a witness and cuts off his head. Jack's version of Miranda rights: "Get me a hacksaw!" (Amputation No. 2)

11:08 a.m. Jack shoots terrorists who bombed CTU.

11:30 a.m. Jack shoots a pit bull. Message to dogs: Beware of Jack.

1:09 p.m. You always hurt the one you used to love: Jack slams Nina against the wall and threatens to kill her.

1:59 p.m. Jack once again drugs a fellow CTU agent, showing a softer side toward his colleagues.

4:31 p.m. Jack shoots a foe with a flare gun before grabbing a rifle and returning to his roots.

7:45 p.m. Jack uses mental torture, staging the execution of a suspect's son to extract a confession.

8:46 and 9:19 p.m. Two more Jack shootings. Is there a college drinking game in all of this?

11:59 p.m. When CTU colleague Tony pulls a gun on him, Jack knocks him out cold. He must be murder on CTU health premiums.

1:45 a.m. Kim's boyfriend loses his right leg after he and Kim start a fire in a police car. (Amputation No. 3, family style)

1:55 a.m. Jack slices open a dead guy to get a microchip.

2:29 a.m. Jack gets tortured. Chance to learn new techniques.

3:25 and 3:55 a.m. Jack shoots his torturer, a henchman and then the kidnapper of Kate, the sister of a suspect he shot earlier. CTU office inventory: Need paper clips, Post-it notes and bullets.

5:46 a.m. Learning from the master: Tony drugs CTU boss Chappelle.

7:37 a.m. Jack kills a sniper, then shoots a bunch of bad guys at the L.A. Coliseum. For one, he offers the personal touch, snapping his neck.

Season 3: Starts at 1 p.m.

4:50 p.m. Jack knocks out his new colleague, Chase, with a chokehold. Consider it an initiation.

4:56 p.m. Jack, trying to break a drug lord out of prison, punches a prison guard and provokes a riot.

5:20 p.m. Jack, held hostage by prisoners, is forced to play Russian roulette with a guard. Guess who loses? Jack later tires of this game and shoots the head prisoner.

6:57 p.m. Tied up by the drug lord, Jack chokes a guard with his legs.

8:55 p.m. Trying not to blow his cover in front of his drug accomplices, Jack fires a gun into his partner Chase's temple, but the chamber turns out to be empty.

10:42 to 11:07 p.m. Federal agent foreplay: When Nina returns, ex-lover Jack holds her at gunpoint, kisses her, head-butts her and holds a jagged piece of broken chair to her neck.

1:56 a.m. Jack can hijack, too, pointing his gun at a pilot and telling him to land in L.A.

2:57 a.m. Jack kills Nina. Ending a relationship can be awkward.

3:40 a.m. Training day: Jack has Chase slice a suspect's palm.

6:56 a.m. On the order of a criminal mastermind, Jack puts a gun to the head of his boss, Chappelle, and kills him. What will Human Resources make of this?

7:53 to 8:17 a.m. To extract information from the mastermind, Jack threatens to torture his daughter and then uses her as a hostage. Later, he threatens to infect her with a deadly virus.

12:45 a.m. With the virus container chained to Chase, Jack must chop off his partner's arm with an ax to prevent its release. (Amputation No. 4) Advice to Chase: Run while you still have your legs.

Season 4: Starts at 7 a.m.

7:57 a.m. Jack shoots a suspect in the leg to get information.

8:54 a.m. Hazing, the Bauer way: Jack punches his new partner, Ronnie. Ronnie hits him back, then gets killed by a terrorism suspect.

9:35 a.m. Jack takes a break from his busy schedule to considerately shoot two thugs who are about to kill a colleague's friend.

9:58 a.m. Jack robs a convenience store to stall a suspect; shoppers take a big gulp.

12:06 p.m. Jack and the Marines save the Secretary of Defense and his daughter by killing a warehouse full of terrorists. Final score: Jack, 12; Marines, 7.

12:41 p.m. After learning his son was subjected to sensory deprivation techniques during interrogation and revealed no information, the defense secretary signs Jack up for more.

2:30 p.m. A CTU torture expert uses a stun gun repeatedly on a framed CTU analyst. Once cleared, she's back at her desk within minutes.

3:20 p.m. After catching a terrorist cell member in a hotel room, a CTU operative puts pressure on a gunshot wound in her arm to get her to talk.

3:33 p.m. After all that vinegar, some honey: Jack gets the gunshot victim to cooperate by offering immunity to her son.

5:00 p.m. A MacGyver moment: Jack zaps his girlfriend's estranged husband with a ripped lamp cord to get him to give up business information.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2005-03-13-24-clock_x.htm

im wondering what they'll come up with once the attempt to blow air force one is unsuccessful... cause it could keep it going for a 2 episodes maybe, but what happens after that? blowing up white house? killing babies? what?:huh:

keeler survives. i know that for a fact. at least until the 18th episode. and they wouldnt 'reinstate' a president anyway.

all_i_want said:
keeler survives. i know that for a fact. at least until the 18th episode. and they wouldnt 'reinstate' a president anyway.

How do you know this for a fact?

I don't know about you, but after seeing the promos for next week, I'm convinced he shoots down Air Force One.

And I know they wouldn't reinstate a president, but if a sitting president perishes in a catastrophe such as this, I think it's safe to assume the new president would want all the help he could get, and might turn toward Palmer for advice.

Of course, I could be way off here...

I think 24 must have the record for most television deaths ever in a series. Over the past four seasons, it seems like there are a minimum of 10-20 people dying per show. And if they don't reach the minimum, they bump it up on other episodes.

Not that I mind the violence, this ain't the Waltons. :wink:

Agent: Good news, you have a role on 24

Actor: That's fantastic.

Agent: Bad news, you get killed 5 minutes after you are introduced.

Actor: :mad:

Was it Air Force One that was shot down or one of the other planes?

And....did Edgar ever catch the link between the missing family and the fighter pilot or is that disk still sitting on his desk?

fah said:
Was it Air Force One that was shot down or one of the other planes?

And....did Edgar ever catch the link between the missing family and the fighter pilot or is that disk still sitting on his desk?

It was definitely Air Force One.

Edgar has not caught it yet. Should still be sitting on his desk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom