MERGED-->24 Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:bump:

After a 7-month hiatus...

24.gif

returns tonight!!!
:combust:

Without spoiling anything, I can say that the 15-minute opening of tonight's chilling first episode is such a grabber (particularly for long-time fans) that I was clutching the edge of my chair. In fact, it's really hard to write with any specificity about this edition of ``24'' because it would give away those first 15 minutes. So let's just say that once the train starts hurtling down the tracks, it's moving at such speed that you're not going to want to jump.

As usual, much of the power comes from Sutherland, who is giving one of the richest performances in TV history as Bauer. But there are also all manner of intriguing characters swirling around him -- both returning figures and newcomers.

The wonderful Mary Lynn Rajskub is back as computer whiz Chloe O'Brian, one of the few who know Jack Bauer isn't dead. So are Kim Raver as Audrey Raines, the government official who was Jack's main squeeze last year, and, yes, Elisha Cuthbert as Jack's always-in-peril daughter, Kim. (Both think Bauer is no longer among the living.)

The most notable newcomers in the first few hours are Jean Smart -- giving a very smart performance as mentally unbalanced Martha Logan, the wife of wimpy President Charles Logan -- and Sean Astin of ``Lord of the Rings'' fame as a wily bureaucrat who takes over CTU.

In the end, perhaps the telling line in the four hours comes from Chloe O'Brian. With Bauer in the middle of yet another seemingly impossible crisis, she turns to an incredulous observer and says, ``Relax, he's really good at this.''

So, it turns out, are the people involved in the making of ``24.''

I read a similar article today - looks like the new season will start great! Can't wait! :drool:

We have 25 more minutes to go!!!!! I was like everyone else waking up this morning, thinking 24 finally comes on tonight. :hyper: I can't wait.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to watch tomorrow night's episode, I'll be on a plane. I'm gonna miss next Sunday's episode too. :sad:

Thankfully I have 24 on a season pass on our Tivo so I'll just have to wait till we get back from our vacation to watch them. The wait is going to kill me though!!!!
I just know I'll be thinking about what is happening on the show while on vacation. I'm a dork.

Good review QB. It was awesome, and we get to see another 2 hours tomorrow night. Maybe this will make up for the 3 week lapse later in the season.:wink:

trevster2k said:
Good review QB. It was awesome, and we get to see another 2 hours tomorrow night. Maybe this will make up for the 3 week lapse later in the season.:wink:

There's a lapse? :ohmy:

I thought they were airing 18 consecutive weeks? HATE! :mad:

So, Walt being a mole. Was I the only one not surprised be that? I knew there was something fishy with him... especially when watching him interact with Martha. I think he had Martha had an affair at some point too. Oh, and the tape tampering? I had a feeling he was involved from the get go. The conversation sounded a bit fabricated. That, and I wanted to believe Martha really wasn't having a psychotic breakdown.

I still can't get over opening tonight. Best first 15 minutes of a show ever. While I'm disappointed that my 2 favorite characters were killed off, was that ever one hell of a surprising opener!

Oh, and the Palmer montage on the news... :sad:

Last edited:
got_edge said:
  • "The only reason you're still conscious is because I don't want to carry you."
:drool:

Yes! :love:

I loved watching Jack kill Palmer's assassinator at the end of the first hour. How did that guy not see it coming? Jack = cold blooded badass :drool:

Also, I really need to go cold turkey on 24 promos. There were so many bits and pieces from tonight's premiere that I had seen in countless commercials.

EDIT: Does anyone else think Spencer (Chloe's beau) might be a mole? I'm very wary of new characters.

Last edited:
got_edge said:
A poll of sorts:

Raise your hand if you cried during the premiere.

I did when Jack was watching the coverage on tv. :sad:

When Tony was holding Michelle. :sad:

When they wheeled Tony into the operating room. :sad:

As to your question Queen Bee about Spencer, yes I think he is a mole. He was acting fishy himself.

I also wonder if Audrey and Diane will meet each other sometime during the show. :hmm: That should be interesting.

mdw3935 said:
As to your question Queen Bee about Spencer, yes I think he is a mole. He was acting fishy himself.
I think he's this season's fake mole. Remember in the first season when they tried to make Tony look shady?

Anyway, I'm calling it now, QB! Hopefully I won't be 0 for 3 :happy:

mdw3935 said:
I also wonder if Audrey and Diane will meet each other sometime during the show. That should be interesting.
:yes: You bet your ass they will! I'm thinking maybe hour 11? 12?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom