MERGE --> Random DESCRIBE of Tesjte's Octagon Bar... + INTERVIEW what UR doing now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
zoney! said:
it isn't really merged...

sorry for confusing you :reject:

I truly never meant to make this randoom. I don't understand why randoomers have given me so much shit for it.

I didnt mean for it to come across that way. I havent been around much and had no idea that there was some kind of merge going on. I had started the other thread not knowing if it was supposed be going on and just wanted to know if I should have or not. I had a rough day and was a little moody an testy so that probably came out. I'm sorry if it offended anybody. All I wanted to know was if we were going to have both threads or just the one.

I don't think anyone BUT the mods should be involved in trying to merge threads. Some people have got to stop acting as the self-righteous policemen of this board. :down:

Zootlesque said:
I don't think anyone BUT the mods should be involved in trying to merge threads. Some people have got to stop acting as the self-righteous policemen of this board. :down:
i think zoney was right on the money with his coexist idea.

except for the fact that there are different people involved in these chat threads, it's pretty much the same shit in a different thread. and zootlesque, you're describing, interviewing, and octagon barring in all of them anyway, so what's the difference to you?

i think it's lame to come in here and see 10 fucking chat threads cluttering the front page. and YES i AM capable of scrolling, but i still think they're lame.

what you call 'self-righteous policing', i call 'quality control'. and i'm all for it.

:heart:zoney:heart:

lmjhitman said:

i think zoney was right on the money with his coexist idea.

except for the fact that there are different people involved in these chat threads, it's pretty much the same shit in a different thread. and zootlesque, you're describing, interviewing, and octagon barring in all of them anyway, so what's the difference to you?

i think it's lame to come in here and see 10 fucking chat threads cluttering the front page. and YES i AM capable of scrolling, but i still think they're lame.

what you call 'self-righteous policing', i call 'quality control'. and i'm all for it.

:heart:zoney:heart:

I love what you just said. :love: :up: :up: This part especially:

It's so good, i'm putting twice in the same post.

The thing that I don't get is... If Sicy, KhanadaRhodes, Neutral or the other mods have no problem with multiple chat threads, then why should we??? Who is the moderator here?

And really.. these individual threads have their own cozy atmosphere. And I disagree that they are cliqish... at least DESCRIBE (the one I post in the most) isn't! A new poster is welcomed just as much as the regular one! But just jumbling everything into one huge chat thread doesn't work IMO.

It's the equivalent of closing down all the mom and pop stores and having just one mega chain store in your neighbourhood. :shrug:

Zootlesque said:

It's the equivalent of closing down all the mom and pop stores and having just one mega chain store in your neighbourhood. :shrug:

I'm not sure that this situation really needs to become THAT dramatic.

There are still the other chat threads available.

The thing that I don't get is... If Sicy, KhanadaRhodes, Neutral or the other mods have no problem with multiple chat threads, then why should we??? Who is the moderator here?

I don't think Zoney was trying to "play moderator". Again, its really not that dramatic.

U2SavesTheWorld said:

There are still the other chat threads available.

That was not the intention, though.. I don't think. From what I could make out from the title of this thread and the first few posts, this is a call to shut down the other threads and have just one instead.

Btw, I'm not trying to create drama at all. I just don't see anything wrong with multiple chat threads, esp. if the mods don't have a problem with them. :shrug:

Zootlesque said:
the mods are bound by the rules of the forum, which in so many words states that you can't be rude to members of the forum or members of the band. outside of that, people are pretty much free to post whatever crap they like without the fear of getting banned, warned or having their thread closed. and surprise, surprise, they do! have you seen this thread? not everyone thinks these chat threads and their proliferation are as cute as you do.

And I disagree that they are cliqish... But just jumbling everything into one huge chat thread doesn't work IMO.
i think jumbling all these threads together has just proved how cliquish they are. very revealing, indeed.

lamest. analogy. ever.

that has no bearing on what we're even talking about. except for the idea of 'smaller' chat threads being combined into one big chat thread, which in actual fact, NEVER EVEN HAPPENED.

That was not the intention, though.. I don't think. From what I could make out from the title of this thread and the first few posts, this is a call to shut down the other threads and have just one instead.

I don't think so. I think Zoney was just trying to start a new thread. I don't think it was malicious and I don't think the thought ever crossed his mind that this should be the only chat thread. But, I can't speak for him.

I just don't see anything wrong with multiple chat threads, esp. if the mods don't have a problem with them.

Great. But, again, I'm not totally sure what the mods have to do with this particular thread.
Edited to say: I don't think that anyone was trying to make a stance about multiple chat threads. I think he was just trying to get people from the other chat threads to talk in one thread and get to know each other. Again, I can't speak for him though.

Last edited:
lmjhitman said:

the mods are bound by the rules of the forum, which in so many words states that you can't be rude to members of the forum or members of the band. outside of that, people are pretty much free to post whatever crap they like without the fear of getting banned, warned or having their thread closed. and surprise, surprise, they do! have you seen this thread? not everyone thinks these chat threads and their proliferation are as cute as you do.

Spoken like a person who doesn't like or get involved in chat threads. It's all a matter of opinion, isn't it? You either like these threads or you don't. And I say the MERGE decision be made by the moderator, not by one of us. It's as simple as that. :shrug:

U2SavesTheWorld said:

I think he was just trying to get people from the other chat threads to talk in one thread and get to know each other. Again, I can't speak for him though.

If that was 'really' his intention then I apologize.

But that is not what I got from reading the thread title, the initial posts and arw's reaction.

Zootlesque said:

And I say the MERGE decision be made by the moderator, not by one of us. It's as simple as that. :shrug:

Oh. My. God.

This wasn't a MERGE DECISION!

It. Was. An. Additional. Thread.

:scream:

There are other chat threads progressing as we have this inane argument. They aren't gone!

like i said:
lmjhitman said:
and zootlesque, zoney isn't a mod. he doesn't have the power to actually merge threads. he made a new thread possibly in the interests of 'coexisting' or satirizing the fact that there are waaayy too many chat threads. i can't speak for him, so he'll have to weigh in himself regarding his reasons.

either way, good on him. :up:

lmjhitman said:

Thanks for the link! It shows how hypocritical this whole excercise of 'clearing the clutter of the chat threads' can be.

Below are pax's responses in that thread... which I agree with.

I have to say, deathy, when you post about cliques in Lemonade Stand, I hear something that sounds an awful lot like a pot bitching about a kettle...

Aye, but it's maybe not really cool to accuse people of creating pointless threads centered around cliques when the very same could be said about you, Kieran, Bassy...none of whom, including you, I have a problem with. Your threads, or theirs, don't bother me in the least. But could we assume that YOUR threads would then be moved to this new forum, too?

There is an obvious double standard in this forum when it comes to 'pointless' threads. As much as I find Zoomerang's threads funny, you have to admit that they are as pointless as the game threads or the chat threads! Why stop one and let the other continue? I say we keep them both. We have to lighten up here. This is an off-topic forum after all.

The difference between our threads and the other chat threads is that we are not sentimentally attached to one particular thread. We don't post in our threads until they reach 500 and then start another one and post in that too, ad nauseum.

You actually have to come up with an original idea to start a new thread. With chat threads, it is just a continuation of the same old thing.

Zootlesque said:

Thanks for the link! It shows how hypocritical this whole excercise of 'clearing the clutter of the chat threads' can be.

Below are pax's responses in that thread... which I agree with.
i've never disputed that there are cliques on this board. i just thought it was interesting that this thread has shown that to the otherwise warm, fuzzy, hug-sharing masses who frequent these chat threads.

and here's bear's response, which i agree with:

but every thread started is at least unique.

that's what separates those threads from the ten billionth version of "random".
and while every thread STARTS out unique, it always degenerates into boomcha declaring the thread is shit, and numerous death threats issued to jamison - but that's my favourite part. and when it falls off the front page, no one freaks out and makes a new one called deathbear v.2 or whatever.

Almost afraid to post this.....:reject: Let's keep a couple things in mind......

zoney! said:
it isn't really merged...

sorry for confusing you :reject:

I truly never meant to make this randoom. I don't understand why randoomers have given me so much shit for it.

sorry.......:reject: It was all in the name of love.......that was not intended to be a u2 pun, really. We tease/harass because we love......:D

Originally posted by kariannI didnt mean for it to come across that way. I havent been around much and had no idea that there was some kind of merge going on. I had started the other thread not knowing if it was supposed be going on and just wanted to know if I should have or not. I had a rough day and was a little moody an testy so that probably came out. I'm sorry if it offended anybody

*and*

I think this week has finally worn on me

She didn't realize what was going on. Period. End of story.

:shifty: Can't we all just get along? :shifty:

*posts this and goes to hide*

I am Randoom's balls (and Blue Room)

lmjhitman said:
and while every thread STARTS out unique, it always degenerates into boomcha declaring the thread is shit, and numerous death threats issued to jamison - but that's my favourite part. and when it falls off the front page, no one freaks out and makes a new one called deathbear v.2 or whatever.

Jamison MUST die.

Even if I have to go to his supposed ninja classes and use brute force.

Now where is he to put his death knell on this thread?

Its "creativity" has staled, and we should not see the "return of the mega-MERGE --> randoom's tesjtes overdrank at the octagon bar and threw up all over the appreciative DESCRIBERing INTERVIEWers.

CO-EXSIST we cannot.

Last edited:
U2SavesTheWorld said:
Thats why I don't really understand the drama of The Giant Chat Merge Incident of 2005.
which, incidentally, wasn't really a merge at all! :happy:

i just didn't like zoney being called out as 'self-righteous', when there are many others who feel the same way. in fact, i think zoney is a lot more tolerant of these chat threads than others here are, so... yeah.

anyway.

*all drama-ed out*

Back
Top Bottom