MEN AND CATS - Discuss

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Might be American, but /me from good old Europe.

Ever tasted your own blood, Cannibalistic ;-)

All I know is that men buy Bulldogs, Als, Dobermans and Rottweilers to hide behind them, cause they are not tough men themselves, therefore hide behind the power of a drooling savage mouth........

cause men like that are wimps....

men who like cats I think are down-to-earth and wont cheat...........

men who buy fish............well.........
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by mad1 (edited 04-17-2002).]

Men who own big dogs don't do it because they feel the need to hide behind it. I'm only about 20 pounds heavier than my dog is and I have one because they are darn cute!!

I like cats - they are cute, cuddly and I like their curiosity. I wish I wasn't so damn alergic to them.

We had one growing up - Buster. When we got him, my sister thought it was a she-cat, so she called it MissMuffet. Well, when it was time to get it spayed/nuetered, we learned MissMuffet was indeed a Mr.Muffet. After three days of crying, MissMuffet became Buster.

My sister and I would have fun with Buster - and fun at the expense of Buster. The poor cat (looking back) had his nervouse system destroyed by the two of us. But we loved that cat.

That same gender confusion happened with my friend Mark's cat!

He was sure he had adopted a little boy kitty, but then when it went to get neutered,
the vet said "Uh, she's getting spayed. There are ovaries here."

He went:
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

He just adopted 2 more kittens. Reasonably sure they are 2 little girls.

Originally posted by Salome:
Originally posted by Diemen:
Cats are much more independent minded
why have them as a pet then?

Because it's nice to have pets that are somewhat self-reliant. They only bug you for food, whereas dogs bug you for food, to go out and play, or take them on a walk...etc, not that it's all bad, though.

In addition to what Dieman said, I'd like to add that cats are:

beautiful
sweet/kind
intelligent
graceful
funny
athletic
unpredictable

All of these qualities I would want in a human companion. So why not in an animal as well?
smile.gif

Cats rule. A film told me.

The man thing is an odd one though. My wife and I don't see eye to eye on this one. Too much hair and shitting in your garden for her liking (cats, not me!).

------------------
Lately I'm sure, words won't implore you to stay

My dad and my brother don't like them. It's not that they hate cats, but they just want to have a dog they can take out to a field and run around with. I think if you're more of an outdoors person, then you'd probably prefer a larger breed dog that you can go play fetch with, or go fishing with, or whatever. My uncle, who's a definite indoors person, likes to spend time building computers, and the like, has 2 cats, and they like him better than they like my aunt. Sometimes, I think it has to do with the personality of the man.

Ok my cat story.
Nonfiction.

When we were married we had 2 cats, Bob and Porkchop.
I named them both.

We got Bob first from Santa cuz my oldest , 5 at the time, kept bugging Santa for a kitty, SOOO strangely enough a gray stripped little bastard arrived on Christmas morning.
Although I was abievilent about this creature's existence at first, I saw what joy it broght to my children.
smile.gif

It started thinking it was gonna be all chummy w/me. Well I accepted it, but let no one think I turned into a cat-lover.
wink.gif

The arrival of PorkChop.
PorkChop was one of those orange-striped tiger looking cats.
He was hanging out in our front yard alot checking out Bob, having smokes w/Bob occassionally I think.
He wouldn't leave.
confused.gif

I tried everything.
I would set the automatic sprinklers on earlier hoping he would get a clue but to no avail.
Damn.
mad.gif

So I was checking him out closely one day and saw he had a tag on him.
The tag was from a VetClinic in ABELINE TEXAS!
For goodness sakes!
Did this kitty wander all the way from Texas to here -Az?
I called long distance to the Texan clinic in a dimoninvestigation.
Turns out the owners of PorkChop just moved to Scottsdale Az. around the block from us. After a little more investigative work I contact the owners here locally.
They reluctanly and thanklessly come retrieve
PorkChop.
frown.gif

But PorkChop dosent like this people.
mad.gif

2 days later hes back at our house hes back at our home hanging w Bob and my little girls.
We were stuck w/the little bastard.
rolleyes.gif

Oh well.
It made my little girls happy.

Diamond
ps-
The Ex got the kitties in the divorce settlement,
no argument there.

Out-
DB9

[This message has been edited by Diamond The U2 Patriot (edited 04-19-2002).]

Back