Memento - A little help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Just saw this film....quite confused.

I know there used to be a thread here about this where someone posted a link to a site that would help explain everything...but I can't search the archives...can someone please ressurect or link me to the thread to help me?

Much appreciated.

check the similar threads listed below. looks like there's actually 4 threads related to momento. that's all the help i can give...i haven't seen the movie.

I saw it because so many people here raved about it, but I am embarrassed to say that it was way over my head. :reject:

ahhhh, thanks all.

ANd thanks for the link ani. That site is incredibly helpful (although I'm not quite sure I agree with that guy's explanation for everything)...

that was a fun movie to discuss..I watched it a couple times, and with the help of a friend we figured it all out.
iy's nice then to watch it again, cos it's not such a hard task!

Basstrap said:
that was a fun movie to discuss..I watched it a couple times, and with the help of a friend we figured it all out.
iy's nice then to watch it again, cos it's not such a hard task!

You figured it out?

It doesn't make any sense still to me...I don't believe his wife had diabetes and that he killed her, so that's my problem right there. What's your theory?

I love this movie.

I think that there are so many possibilities, but that is kind of the point. IMO, Christopher Nolan (the director) wanted to let everyone come up with their own explanation. It keeps people talking about the movie.

On that note, Guy Pearce is HOT!!! :drool:

I love this movie too. The website is a good interpertation of the film, but like you said, everyone has their own spin on it.

I like this movie almost as much as Donnie Darko.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:

You figured it out?

It doesn't make any sense still to me...I don't believe his wife had diabetes and that he killed her, so that's my problem right there. What's your theory?

I admit, that is the one point I cannot completely figure out, but I don't think the answer is there.
I tend to think his subconcscience may have created the sam story to "cover up": the truth of his own story

I also remember thinking that she didn't die, cos they show her blinking at the end. That made me wonder if she had some scheme going on.

I doubt that

but it's been a while since I've seen it...I could be swinging wide!

i believe this is the only movie ive ever watched twice on the same night. very intriguing movie. after the first spin i watched the director's comments on the dvd which made things a lot more understandable.

Back
Top Bottom