Memento

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tuwie

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
i'm sorry if there is already a thread for this, but
Anyone seen this movie yet?
omg, i love it soooo much.
it's so much fun on dvd ;]
i want to hear your thoughts!

do you guys think Lenny is Sammy?

^Me neither, however it is still a good film.

What was the story with the main character and his wife - I wondered whether he'd had his memory loss before she died??:scratch:

we had a big discussion on this a couple of years ago.

ive been meaning to sit down and watch it again lately. once upon a time i had it all figured out but i need a refresher.

awesome movie though.

corianderstem said:
Guy Pearce

:drool: :drool: :drool:
agreed.

memento is probably one of my favourite movies. i have the special edition dvd with the easter egg that gives you the option of wacthing the movie in chronological order, which clears up the story a bit. that said, i'm still not sure about the whole leonard shelby/sammy jankis thing. like kobayashi, i haven't seen in a while and need to refamiliarize myself with some of the details.

one of my favourite scenes:

Leonard Shelby: Okay, what am I doing?
[Sees Dodd also running]
Leonard Shelby: I'm chasing this guy.
[Dodd has a gun, shoots at Leonard]
Leonard Shelby: Nope. He's chasing me.

:up:

this is one of my absolute favourite movies, ever.

lmjhitman said:
one of my favourite scenes:

Leonard Shelby: Okay, what am I doing?
[Sees Dodd also running]
Leonard Shelby: I'm chasing this guy.
[Dodd has a gun, shoots at Leonard]
Leonard Shelby: Nope. He's chasing me.

i love that scene, too.

excellent movie. i'm not entriely sure i know what happend either. but i thought it was cool.

just saw this movie for the first time, so I thought I'd drag this thread back up.

it blew my mind. I understood everything at the end, although now my memory's already confusing me (hahaha). I'll probably go watch it again in a few minutes.

Teddy and Natalie were both using him...did Natalie know all about Teddy though, hence why she wanted him killed? bleh I can't remember. What also really interested me was the scene where you see Lenny with his wife, and with all the tattoos. I guess you can assume the same thing happened to his wife that supposedly happened to this Sammy guy. But wouldn't she have been freaked out by the tattoos? Where did he get the idea his wife was dead? How could he look at the tattoos all over his chest and then look at his living wife and be ok with that? Was he really blocking reality out to that extent?

It's the same with the tattoo on his heart that said "I've done it" or whatever. That picture was from before he met Natalie (at least I *think* anyway)...so how does that explain the scene where she asks what its for and we see nothing there and he says its for when he finds the guy or something? his mental problems go far beyond short term memory loss I think.

ok I'm probably talking to myself but you know..:tongue:

--Insert Disc two from the Limited Edition set, then select the clock.
--Select answer "c" 5 times (The actual answers have nothing to do with the navigation)
--When you reach the question where you put the pictures in order of the woman fixing her tire, put them in REVERSE order (3, 4, 1, 2), rather than the correct order, and you will be taken to the Chronological version of the film, complete with backwards credits and the opening scene in forward motion.

Limited Edition only

Back
Top Bottom