MELON...something you wrote... - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2002, 04:27 AM   #16
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:44 PM
Hey Melon,

Did some research on the internet about this...

Are you sure it's magnesium? or is it MANGANESE?

Old 05-17-2002, 07:53 AM   #17
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 12:44 AM
I shall reply to this soon. I've been busy, but haven't forgotten.

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Old 05-17-2002, 07:38 PM   #18
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by theSoulfulMofo:
Are you sure it's magnesium? or is it MANGANESE?
That's certainly a nice link.

Clarification: Magnesium + B + C --> dopamine. Manganese is a seratonin mineral. Both important, but different, brain chemicals.

As such, my recommendation, ultimately, is to go to a chiropractor/kinesiologist who specializes in nutrition. The doctor will certainly be in the best position to do a proper diagnosis. All I can do is try and point out suggestions that I think you should bring up with them.

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy
Old 05-17-2002, 07:42 PM   #19
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by gabrielvox:
Just to make it quick, should I just basically assume 1 500mg tab per day to start?
That is WAY too much. About 100-200 mg is sufficient.

Quote:
Also, do you have a preferred brand name, maybe Jameson or something? Isn't there also a brand name that starts with "Swiss" or somehting that is also fairly highly respected?
Most store brands are not good. Again, I suggest going to a chiropractor/kinesiologist who deals with vitamins/minerals. They likely deal with great suppliers unavailable to the general public, along with being able to make a proper diagnosis.

I'd much rather try the natural way now. I've tried four different chemical remedies and have had problems with all. From nasea to panic anxiety to extreme fits of anger...and the last time I checked neither vitamins B or C did this to me.. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, it is certainly my pleasure to be able to give you advice. Vitamin B & C are perfectly safe, but I advise you further to be cautious on the Magnesium, which you can technically overdose on.

Melon

------------------