mellow acoustic artists

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I thought you were joking about Willie Nelson, sorry about that, he really is good, an american legend, legendary guitar player with a worn out guitar
:bow:

Last edited:
No hating on Willie Nelson :mad:

I've loved his music since I was very little. One more show, and I'll have seen him as many times as U2.

If you get either LaMontagne album, I guarantee satisfaction.

Everyone should listen to him.

Yes, Ray LaMontagne is awesome. He's the complete anti-Bono on stage, but his voice more than makes up for it. Still, he could loosen up a bit and be slightly human :wink: But whatever works for him.

For anyone interested in hearing some Ray LaMontagne, NPR still has the audio from his performance in December at the 9:30 Club in Washington D.C. up on their website, here: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=6599923

I also highly recommend the EP from his performance at 2005 Bonnarroo available on iTunes, especially the version of Forever My Friend he does there. :drool:

Jolene is hands-down one of the prettiest songs I've heard in a long time. He's one hell of a songwriter. I bought both of his albums at the same time, and they were all I listened to for about two weeks.

VintagePunk said:

I'm only familiar with his work with Zero 7. What's he like solo?

Finger pickin good.:wink:

I haven't heard his Zero 7 stuff, so I'm not sure how it compares. But the whole album(Veneer is his only full album) except one song is all finger picking on the acoustic. Very soft yet powerful voice. Real mellow, stripped down and short to the point songs.

Back
Top Bottom