Mel Gibson Arrested for Drunk Driving - Page 8 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 08-20-2006, 11:50 PM   #106
love, blood, life
Local Time: 04:17 AM

Old 10-07-2006, 08:55 AM   #107
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 04:17 AM
His first interview is on GMA next week

(AP) Gibson spoke with Diane Sawyer somewhere in Southern California recently for a two-part TV interview scheduled to air on Disney-owned ABC’s “Good Morning America” on Oct. 12 and 13. This is the first time he has talked to the media since his arrest.

The interview “will be a segment in the show,” said ABC news spokeswoman Bridgette Maney. “It’s not going to be the entire ‘Good Morning America’.”

As for what to expect during the discussion, Gibson’s publicist, Alan Nierob, would only say, “We’ll have to wait and see.”

Old 10-07-2006, 03:23 PM   #108
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 09:17 AM
I don't envy Nierob his job...
yolland [at]

μελετώ αποτυγχάνειν. -- Διογένης της Σινώπης
Old 10-10-2006, 01:39 PM   #109
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 01:17 AM
Oct. 10, 2006 — Actor Mel Gibson is speaking out for the first time about the anti-Semitic comments he made to police when they booked him for drunken driving last summer.

ABC's Diane Sawyer recently sat down for an exclusive interview with Gibson.

Watch Sawyer's exclusive interview with Mel Gibson Thursday, Oct. 12 and Friday, Oct. 13 on "Good Morning America," which airs across the country from 7 to 9AM.

Sawyer asked Gibson what caused his comments on the night of his arrest.

Diane Sawyer: "What did you think it was?"

Mel Gibson: "Me? It was just the stupid rambling of a drunkard, you know and … what I need to do to heal myself and to be assuring and allay the fears of others and to heal them if they had any heart wounds from something I may have said. So, this is the last thing I want to be is that kind of monster," Gibson said.

Gibson apologized for the comments in a statement but has not discussed the incident at length until now. will release more excerpts from his full interview with Sawyer later today.

Watch Sawyer's exclusive interview with Mel Gibson Thursday, Oct. 12 and Friday, Oct. 13 on "Good Morning America," which airs across the country from 7 to 9AM.

On Oct. 12, Sawyer will ask Gibson about alcoholism and drunk driving. On Oct. 13, she will ask him about his anti-Semitic remarks.