Mel Gibson Arrested for Drunk Driving

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
please,
you are going to ruin our ability to enjoy Apocalypto

i really want to see that movie
and if he is a dirtbag i won't be able to

pigs_fly.jpg

TMZ has learned that Mel Gibson has been stopped for reckless driving two other times in Malibu but he was allowed to leave without a ticket or arrest.

As TMZ first reported, Gibson was arrested on Friday for suspicion of driving under the influence on Pacific Coast Highway in Malibu -- driving 87 miles an hour. As we reported, the deputy who arrested Gibson was ordered to sanitize his arrest report to make it appear that Gibson's arrest was "without incident." In fact, The report states Gibson was abusive, violent and vulgar, and even attempted to escape.

TMZ has confirmed that approximately three years ago, Gibson was driving 74 miles per hour on Pacific Coast Highway, one mile from his house, when he was pulled over by a Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputy. Sources say Gibson avoided eye contact with the deputy during the stop and even though the deputy was suspicious of Gibson's sobriety, he let him go.

Approximately one year ago Gibson was stopped again, after driving 64 miles an hour on Pacific Coast Highway -- where the speed limit is 45. Sources say that Gibson was so cocky that he was on his cell phone the entire time he was detained by the deputy. Ultimately, the deputy decided to let him go without giving him a citation.

And there's new information about Friday's arrest. As TMZ reported, the deputy who arrested Gibson was ordered by superiors to re-write his report and eliminate all references to Gibson's bad conduct and anti-Semitic remarks. Sources tell TMZ that Lt. Crystal Miranda told the arresting deputy that Captain Tom Martin talked to Sheriff Lee Baca who expressed concern that the explosive report might leak to the media and that it needed to be re-written in a sanitized form.

Sources say Gibson, who was pulled over early Friday morning for allegedly crossing lanes at a high speed, told the arresting deputy that he was leaving home just after 2 a.m. and heading to his brother's house. The arresting deputy found a bottle of tequila in the car, 3/4 full, in a brown paper bag. We're told that Gibson told the deputy that the bottle wasn't his but, "I've had a little bit."

We're also told that Gibson, who issued a statement over the weekend, suggesting he was not of sound mind when he uttered the anti-Semitic tirade and engaged in abusive behavior, was not in fact "out of it." Sources connected with the case tell TMZ that Gibson was drunk but was in control of his senses. At one point at the Sheriff's station, sources say Gibson was "jumping like a monkey" on a steel cage and told the arresting deputy, "I'm not going to hurt you physically. I'm gonna hurt you. I'm gonna make you lose."

We're also told that deputies at the Sheriff's station were star struck by Gibson and a number of them went to Gibson's holding cell to get a look of the star. The problem for the Sheriff's department -- there's a mounted camera in the station and the deputies can be seen fawning over the actor. Sheriff's officials have called some of the officers who were caught on tape in and warned them they might be subject to discipline.

As TMZ reported, the arresting deputy was ordered by officials to take out references to Gibson's bad behavior. We're told the altered report makes no mention of the fact that Gibson attempted to flee the scene by running to his car to escape. We're also told that the officer checked a box on the report that Gibson was "belligerent." Ironically, even though officials did not order the deputy to remove that reference, they did order him to re-write the report to eliminate all references to the supporting evidence leading the officer to believe Gibson was indeed "belligerent.

It just keeps getting better, doesn't it? :huh:

TMZ has confirmed that approximately three years ago, Gibson was driving 74 miles per hour on Pacific Coast Highway, one mile from his house, when he was pulled over by a Los Angeles County Sheriff's deputy. Sources say Gibson avoided eye contact with the deputy during the stop and even though the deputy was suspicious of Gibson's sobriety, he let him go.

So about 30 over the speed limit/possibly drunk and they let him go? Lovely :| .

Canadiens1160 said:
So spending all night in a detox cell, as well as failing blood tests makes you innocent of drunk driving?
tardun3.gif

I would have still said innocent till proven guilty, If a person robs and are arrested are they not innocent until proven guilty, even if he was caught red handed?

I still think he is a good actor and director even if he said these things and was arrested for public intoxication. There are other stars out there too, who have done bad. It seems only he gets picked on because of his Passion Film.

I think he is being "picked on" because of the bigoted, anti-Semitic views he has shown in the drunk driving incident. That has nothing to do with The Passion.
He has pretty much admitted he said those things.

He clearly wasn't picked on if he did receive preferential treatment from the police on any occasion.

LOS ANGELES, California (CNN) -- Actor Mel Gibson entered rehab after his arrest on suspicion of driving under the influence of alcohol, his spokesman said Monday.

"He has entered into an ongoing program of recovery," said his publicist, Alan Nierob.

Further details were not immediately available.

Too bad more stars don't go to these clinics for there pompus arrogant asses

To say the things he said about Jewish people goes way beyond being pompous and arrogant- it's anti-Semitic, plain and simple. Yeah the "sugar tits" was a great touch as well :|

What he said was terrible. Can we also call people who call each other Ni--a anti-semetic too????? I have seen people of all races call each other that isn't that anti-semitic??? Just an opinion. But I dont agree with what Gibson said and he needs help.

163_mgibson3_060731_intouchmagazine.jpg

Mel Gibson: The Hours Before the DUI!

July 31, 2006

It may have been a harmless Thursday night out at Moonshadows Restaurant for MEL GIBSON, but what started out as a social event at the local Malibu, CA, watering hole last week turned into a DUI arrest and a subsequent media maelstrom.

Now, ET is exclusively with the revelers who were with Mel just minutes before he was arrested for DUI!

"It did seem like he had one too many before he got there that night," Arizona native TODD HAUSBERGER tells ET. "His eyes were kind of bloodshot; he wasn't completely wasted or anything, but you could tell he was impaired and he should not be driving."

Todd, 29, who describes Gibson as "a real, down-to-earth guy," was having drinks with JULIE SMITH, 27, and KIMBERLY LESAK, 29, two high school friends from Louisville, KY, when they saw the 'Lethal Weapon' star unaccompanied at the restaurant bar. The two women approached him to see if he was indeed Mel Gibson, and proceeded to have a great time with the Oscar winner, who they say was only drinking "expensive water" from a bottle.

"He's an amazing actor; it was very intriguing to hang out with someone who was friendly and open and would talk to us," Kim tells ET. She says they offered to buy him a shot, but he respectfully declined. "He would not take up any offers to have any alcohol."

"If his face wasn't so recognizable, he would just seem like an average Joe," says Julie. In fact, the girls were ribbing the actor about some of his more questionable career choices, asking him when 'Bird on a Wire 4' was coming out, and "he was very jovial."

So jovial that he was happy to take pictures with anyone who wanted to pose with him. But by the time the bar was closing, the revelers realized that Gibson appeared too impaired to drive himself home.

"Most everyone around was concerned with Mel driving out of there," says Kim.

"Everybody got asked to leave politely," adds Julie. "I assumed he had a driver. Several people offered to give him a ride."

But Mel politely declined any offers for a taxi or lift home, reportedly saying, "I live just down the street."

"We figured, 'He's a big star, he's a big boy, he can take care of himself,'" says Todd. "There's nothing we could have said or done that would have changed his mind."

When news broke the next day that Gibson had been pulled over and arrested for a DUI, along with reports that he had tried to flee the scene and made anti-Semitic remarks, the Moonshadows revelers were startled by the news.

"I was shocked by [the reports of] his behavior," says Kim. "He showed no sign of any outrageous behavior whatsoever; very friendly, very down-to-earth. I don't know what provoked him to act so outrageous."

"Considering how he was with us, I was flabbergasted," says Julie. "I'm surprised. He was sweet as apple pie the whole time."

deep said:
The two women approached him to see if he was indeed Mel Gibson, and proceeded to have a great time with the Oscar winner, who they say was only drinking "expensive water" from a bottle.

But by the time the bar was closing, the revelers realized that Gibson appeared too impaired to drive himself home.

Riiiight. Kinda like that time U2 were at that award show with their "water" bottles.

We have a mugshot!

mel.jpg

I thought he'd be hairier and crazier looking, although I don't think he's really got anything to be smiling about...

Back
Top Bottom