"Meet the Fockers"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I just came back from seeing this movie. It's absolutely hysterical. I haven't laughed that much in ages. I really needed a funny, light, movie, I've been involved in too much melodrama and seriousness. This movie was it. If you like thigh-slapping comedy, this is your movie. It's a bit raw in places (Barbra Streisand's character is a sex therapist) but very funny.

I thought it was funny too - it is what it is and if you just take it that way, it's enjoyable.

I can't stand Barbara, and even she didn't bug me in this

Cant wait for it to come out on DVD. (I hate the movie theatres :no: )

the only time i go see a movie in the theater is if its best to see it on the big screen. i.e. lord of the rings, star wars, phantom, etc. but if its a movie that's just as good on the TV, i see no point in going. :shrug:

I can't wait to see this. :hyper:

I didn't see Meet The Parents until last summer. :reject: But I loved it. :lmao:

We went to see The Grudge at the theatre.. I thought ok I'll give it a chance, it might be scarier there. Well the whole freaking audience was TEENAGERS! Not normal, nice teenagers but screaming, annoying, talking, laughing, hoodlem ass teenagers.

It was the worst. They screamed at every little thing in the movie. Completely ruined it for us :angry:

Sicy said:
(I hate the movie theatres :no: )

Me too! Stupid fucking poeple won't shut the fuck up! :censored: :madspit:

The last movie I watched in the theater was the Pianist and I got the feeling that all the Holocaust survivors showed up in the same day and theater than me. I love old people but shut up and stop pointing at the screen dammit!!!! :rant:

I want to watch Meet the Fockers too. :D :up:

Last edited:
verte76 said:
Yeah, when you watch a movie at home on DVD, you can eat and drink whatever you damn please

there's a movie theater where i live that has a full bar at the concession stand. i was drinking a thirty-two ounce beer with my nachos when i saw meet the fockers last week, so i'm not sure if this movie was actually funny, or if i was just buzzed.

I thought Meet the Fockers was pretty funny.

I think movie snacks are pretty expensive too, so I bring my own :lol: I just throw a bottle of water and a candy bar or whatever in my purse :wink:

Haven't seen it yet. I'm going to be very disappointed if the lady of the house is not refered to as "Mother Focker" at some point.

I'm not going to bother seeing this movie, I find Ben Stiller incredibly overrated. I didn't care for Meet The Parents all that much, so I'm not going to see the sequel.

My mileage varies, I really like Ben Stiller. I thought he was great in this movie. I have tried drama before, and comedy is probably the hardest kind of acting to do. It's a killer. I didn't know Dustin Hoffman did comedy that well, but I thought he was great in it as well.

Last edited:
I'm sort of the opposite. I took drama in high school, and comedy came natural for me. Doing drama is a little tough though, it can be hard to be serious but interesting at the same time.

You may like Ben Stiller or not, but YOU HAVE TO GO WATCH THIS MOVIe, purely based on the DeNIRO-HOFFMAN SHOW... absolutely AMAZING... HOFFMAN steals this movie all the way... :yes:

Sicy said:
We went to see The Grudge at the theatre.. I thought ok I'll give it a chance, it might be scarier there. Well the whole freaking audience was TEENAGERS! Not normal, nice teenagers but screaming, annoying, talking, laughing, hoodlem ass teenagers.

It was the worst. They screamed at every little thing in the movie. Completely ruined it for us :angry:

I think even worse than people who scream at scary movies (they can't really help it I suppose) are people who laugh really loud to let every know that they are too cool to be scared.

sallycinnamon78 said:
Haven't seen it yet. I'm going to be very disappointed if the lady of the house is not refered to as "Mother Focker" at some point.

Then I guess you will be disappointed because the bride's middle name is Martha so at some point in the movie she refers to herself as Martha Focker.

Back
Top Bottom