meep ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SkeeK

The Original, Rock n' Roll Doggie, VIP PASS
My one year anniversary with Melissa is coming up soon, and obvioulsy I wanna do something really really special. I'm trying to arrange that my family will be out of the house so I can cook her dinner and decorate the house all nice, but I'm not sure if that will be able to happen.. which is really annoying, because I had my heart set on that.. I hope to hell they'll cooperate. otherwise we'll just have to go out for dinner somewhere, which isn't nearly as sweet. I also have to think of something to get her for the anniversary that would be sweet and nice... flowers and a long from-the-heart card are a given, but I'm having trouble thinking of something else that just seems right. So if anyone has any ideas of things that would be really good.. please let me know.. i already have some really good ideas thanks both to myself and others, but if anyone else can give me any ideas, I'd be most grateful! Keep in mind I'm a poor high-school student with no job and quite limited savings.. so the car will have to wait :p

I also would just like to make an appeal to all the women here to know what kind of anniversary type thing they'd really really want, or just little things I can make sure I can do to make it a standout night.. whether or not I can convince my parents to work something out so I can have the house for a while for dinner.

Thanks to anyone who has wise words!

I'm also really pissed off at Melissa's mom right now because she is a major wanker and freaked out on her and yelled at her for being a failure and all sorts of things which is totally the farthest thing from the truth... I mean she gets marks in the 90s and has 2 jobs and is incredibly responsible.. shouldn't that be every mother's dream? I'm fucking confused, and angry, and really sad. and i just don't know if i can do anything about that, or give any advice. *sigh* but that's another matter entirely.

I'll stop rambling now. Discuss amongst yourselves.

You could get her a certificate to a spa. Women love to be pampered with facials, massages, and pedicures. It makes them feel like Goddesses to be pampered over.

I dunno Skeeker, I know I'd be more impressed with the things that take time and thought than just money. But most especially those that are thoughtful and have real meaning. Decorating the house sounds like the sweetest thing ever; I am sure she'd love that so I hope it works out for you!

And yeah, mom's can be really silly (and downright stupid and hurtful) sometimes, but usually it's out of love. I don't know the situation, but hopefully time will help it sort itself out..

anyways, good luck and yay for anniversaries!!! :wink:

Re: Happy Anniversary!

Sicy said:
How about an engagement ring?

OMC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SICYS GETTING MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh, and congratulations skeek. why dont you not talk about it at all with her, and make her feel like your not going to remember it. then when the day comes, blow her away with something original.

Re: Re: Happy Anniversary!

Zoomerang96 said:
why dont you not talk about it at all with her, and make her feel like your not going to remember it. then when the day comes, blow her away with something original.

That would be great, except that all she ever talks about is the anniversary, so she'd never assume I didn't know it was coming up. I remember things like that more than her though, which as I understand it is sorta backwards compared to most relationships. ;)

I'll marry your face. :mad:

No wait.

No I wont.

Dont talk to me.

I dont like to be talked to.

Sicy said:
Dont talk to me.

I dont like to be talked to.

A little less conversation, a little more action please
All this aggravation ain't satisfactioning me
A little more bite and a little less bark
A little less fight and a little more spark
Close your mouth and open up your heart

-- A little less conversation, by Elvis Presley.

:wave: Sorry, those words you keep repeating, Sicy, reminds me of that Elvis song, remixed at the end of his No. 1 Hits album. :D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Last edited:
Roland of Gilead said:
You could get her a certificate to a spa. Women love to be pampered with facials, massages, and pedicures. It makes them feel like Goddesses to be pampered over.

So I'm talking to her on the phone (she's ever so wonderful and sweet by the way) and we're kinda talking about presents, because she enjoys torturing me about how she has my christmas present and it's really wonderful, and then she's like "you know what I want as a birthday present from my family? a trip to a spa! that would be soooo great!"

I couldn't help but laugh a lot, but silentely so she didn't think something was amiss. Unfortunately I suffer very severely from the "if she says she wants it specifically, it's waaaay too obvious a gift so think of something else syndrome"

Just thought I'd pass that along. I mean I still could do something spa-a-riffic. I'd wanna do something else sorta meaningful and cute and stuff too. Hmmm.

And my parents (at my mom's behest, my dad was very reluctant about it) are gonna let me get the house to myself for part of the evening so I can entertain Melissa. So I get to decorate it all with flowers and candles and curtains and make a CD of music to have on and learn how to cook something. I'm really excited about it.

Of course I have to figure out what to cook.. it needs to be something simple (since I'm no cook at all), but elegant, and tasty. I was thinking maybe pasta with chicken.. someone suggested stirfry and that was a good idea.

I'll just keep you informed of things. because even if you don't care, I want to. :mac:

Would that toast end up with the same fate as your lopsided croutons frau-ray?

Hmm, anyway...[warning: I lack originality!]
How about something to do with paper? When you're over the hill and married, paper is the first anniversary. Get her some vouchers for a spa, or something else affordable, then other miscellaneous things of paper as well, like an IOU box (a pretty decorated box of course!) filled with paper notes of things she can request of you when she feels like, such as a massage off you, a night picnic, a day somewhere you have never gone before like the horse races (betting with real money optional, or being students make it monopoly money or something), an IOU for a really nice dinner somewhere fancy, poems or stories if you are into writing...etc etc. Just whatever creative and nice things you can think of to base on the paper idea and let her know that even though you aren't married, you want to treat her as special now as you will for all those future anniversaries and stuff. Even make it a kind of tradition, so for next year you would follow the same guidelines as a 2 year wedding anniversary and that will get her curious for then as well as she will have no real idea what you could come up with :)

Dunno if that makes any sense.
Good luck SkeeK!

Flowers definitely...make sure you get her favorite flower though...

Purple tulips do things to me...I don't care what else is goin' on...give me some purple tulips, and it's all good.

Back
Top Bottom